KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » That crazy Putin guy.

That crazy Putin guy.
Started by: KharmaDog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

That crazy Putin guy.

According to Russia's Interfax news agency, Vladimir Putin said he is convinced Iran is not trying to develop nuclear weapons and that Russia will continue cooperating with Iran on its nuclear program. Russia also has stated that they will continue to sell weapons to long-time customers such as Syria (including shoulder launched anti aircraft missiles).

Putin also recently restructured his countries elections process, giving himself a great deal more power, cracked down on independent media, has continued his repression of business executives who oppose his government and is reasserting the Kremlin's old-style central control.

Many in the Bush administration (and other political observers) feel that Putin is “on the verge of isolating himself" by adhering to such policies.

Any thoughts?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 01:42 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Oh well, that surely is not good, but for the weapon selling part, why should only make the US money with terrorists?
Well the UN has to see if they become a threat to others. It would be sad since they were somehow on the way to become part of the "free world" more. I would have even liked to see them in the EU but well thats just me.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 04:05 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Right now I'm not all that concerned with Russia's actions, atleast until Thursday when Bush is supposed to meet with Putin in Slovakia (i think that's where they are meeting)

Whether it works or not, I'm kind of proud that Bush is out in Europe all week long talking to and meeting with various leaders.

One thing I didn't quite understand was how Bush could say that an armed conflict in Iran was no where in the plans as of yet....but that they "haven't ruled anything out yet." Sure he was refering to a diplomatic means of handling the situation....but it seemed like that "anything" could have meant war too.

Last edited by Linkalicious on Feb 23rd, 2005 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 04:38 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

yeah, they are meeting but no idea why would it change anything, do you thing mr bush has an impact of european/russian decissions? messed

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 04:40 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Not while he was Mr. Gung-ho guns a blazing at the first sign of a fight. But this whole unified E.U.-U.S. thing seems to be taking a different approach, with a more optomistic tone to it.

Russia selling weapons to Iran isn't really a big deal as long as an armed conflict doesn't result. If one does...then I'm sure the US will be pissed that Russia is still continuing to sell arms to Iran. But that issue will be adressed after the decision to use force has been made.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 04:45 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Of course he hasm to good or bad. But the US is important anyway.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 04:45 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

He's doign what the US used to do. *shrugs*

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 09:59 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Not while he was Mr. Gung-ho guns a blazing at the first sign of a fight. But this whole unified E.U.-U.S. thing seems to be taking a different approach, with a more optomistic tone to it.

Russia selling weapons to Iran isn't really a big deal as long as an armed conflict doesn't result. If one does...then I'm sure the US will be pissed that Russia is still continuing to sell arms to Iran. But that issue will be adressed after the decision to use force has been made.

it depends, overhere we are still very sceptic about his recent sucking-up-campaign and not many are convinced about his intentions

the US shouldn't butt into the economics of another country, if Russia wants to do that, they can. It's their choice... it's not cause Bush wants a new war to divert attention to someplace else that Russia should listen to them

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 10:24 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

"That crazy Putin guy."

Bah, I thought this thread was about Bill Cosby.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 11:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

I thought it was about golf?

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 12:26 AM
smoker4 is currently offline Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

golf, gulf.middle east well.............. I guess it is about golf

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 08:03 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

As the saying goes..."Putin is as Putin does".

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 08:24 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Re: That crazy Putin guy.

quote:
Originally posted by KharmaDog
According to Russia's Interfax news agency, Vladimir Putin said he is convinced Iran is not trying to develop nuclear weapons and that Russia will continue cooperating with Iran on its nuclear program. Russia also has stated that they will continue to sell weapons to long-time customers such as Syria (including shoulder launched anti aircraft missiles).

Putin also recently restructured his countries elections process, giving himself a great deal more power, cracked down on independent media, has continued his repression of business executives who oppose his government and is reasserting the Kremlin's old-style central control.

Many in the Bush administration (and other political observers) feel that Putin is “on the verge of isolating himself" by adhering to such policies.

Any thoughts?

Well, what i cant stand is the hyppocrasy of the american's.
The americans have (in the last 10 years) used their weapons far more often than iran or syrria. America is far less reluctant to use thir weapons. And yet they believe that they should be allowed weapons, and that other countries should not have such weapons, even when those countries are more in need of weapons to defend themself with.
I think that they should disarm Bush!!
And about the weapons inspectors, I cant remember any UN weapons inspectors that have been allowed into area 51 to examine the top secret US military projects. There are clearly US military projects that the UN has no idea about (just look at the stealth bomber. That was in production, and th UN had no idea about it).

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:24 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
(just look at the stealth bomber. That was in production, and th UN had no idea about it).
why should the UN know about that?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:28 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Because they were wanting to know about top-secret iraq military projects, why shouldn't they know about US ones. US uses its military more often than iraq does

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:31 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Because they were wanting to know about top-secret iraq military projects, why shouldn't they know about US ones
Who actually cares for what the Un wants, even Norway doesnt spill their guts to the Un about weapons they make. That the Un wanted to know about Iraqi weapons well thats on their behalf. Fact is that Iraq would use and have used weapons of mass destruction on civilians, guess the Un would make sure Iraq didnt do that again. As long as a country dont use weapons Un dont have a bloody thing they could say about countries gaining those kind of weapon and so should it be with others countries too. If Norway wanted to get nukes into their arsenal it would be Norways business and no one elses

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:37 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

If no countries tell the UN about their sectret military projects, why would Iraq or syria be expected to do so.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:39 AM
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Because they were wanting to know about top-secret iraq military projects, why shouldn't they know about US ones. US uses its military more often than iraq does

The stealth bomber is not exactly a weapon. It may carry weapons, but the stealth bomber has no weapons on it. I'm sure there is more to the guidelines of informing the U.N on top secret projects. Does a country that is working on a top secret project to sustain a soldiers stamina have to inform the U.N? The top secret probably has to be nuclear or biological before it is any concern of the U.N. I dont know though, but who really cares about an airplane? even if it is bad ass.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:45 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
If no countries tell the UN about their sectret military projects, why would Iraq or syria be expected to do so.
Iraq used them, Syria well that is actually none of Un`s business

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:48 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
but who really cares about an airplane? even if it is bad ass.

Um, the people who got bombed by it definatly cared. THe (1st) gulf war was won almost single handedly by the stealth bomber. THe iraqis had no way of detecting it, and shot down more of their own planes in an attempt to shoot down the stealths.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:50 AM