KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Eight Killed in Student Rampage in Minn.

Eight Killed in Student Rampage in Minn.
Started by: manny321

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

Eight Killed in Student Rampage in Minn.

6 were people at school, while the other two was his grandparents.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...school_shooting

RED LAKE, Minn. - A student went on a shooting spree Monday, killing his grandparents and five people at his high school on an Indian reservation. The gunman himself was later found shot to death, authorities said. It was the nation's worst school shooting since the Columbine massacre in 1999.
Before the shootings at the school, the suspect's grandparents were shot in their home and died later.
Six people died in the mid-afternoon shooting at Red Lake High School in far northern Minnesota, including four students. Also killed were a teacher and a security guard, FBI (news - web sites) spokesman Paul McCabe said at a news conference in Minneapolis.
He declined to talk about a possible connection between the suspect and the couple killed at the home, but Red Lake Fire Director Roman Stately said they were the grandparents of the shooter. Stately told several media outlets that the grandfather was a police officer whose guns may have been used in the shootings.
All of the dead students were found in one room. One of them was a boy believed to be the shooter, McCabe said. He would not comment on reports that the boy shot himself and said it was too early to speculate on a motive.

Quite sad i say.

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:48 AM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

All teh more reason not to go too school.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:49 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Homeschooling is gonna become quite popular.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:51 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

I don't see how a student could get so unstable to do such a thing. I just don't understand how young people can do it. Older adults i see because they can unstable easily bet high school students i don't understand.

Hmm is this getting major headlines down south. I think the news will cover it full out tomorrow.

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:55 AM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
All teh more reason not to go too school.
thumb up

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 02:14 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

most answers to why can be found in Bowling for Columbine.
and now my shirt needs to be updated dammit!

Attachment: schoolshooting.gif
This has been downloaded 117 time(s).

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 03:58 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 04:18 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

god i love my shirt, i wore it school on a casual and nearly copped a suspension...dunno why

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 09:50 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

i hate hearing about school shootings......too many innocent people with too much to live for.....gone.....

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 10:33 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 11:09 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by tabby999
most answers to why can be found in Bowling for Columbine.
and now my shirt needs to be updated dammit!

I feel a Bowling for Columbine II coming on. wink

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 12:15 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shockimebones

Are you a student?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 12:44 PM
shockimebones is currently offline Click here to Send shockimebones a Private Message Find more posts by shockimebones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by manny321
I don't see how a student could get so unstable to do such a thing. I just don't understand how young people can do it. Older adults i see because they can unstable easily bet high school students i don't understand.

Hmm is this getting major headlines down south. I think the news will cover it full out tomorrow.

Are you kidding me? High school is the worst environments to be in! The way kids treat each other is even more brutal than the way adults do. To be quite honest, I am surprised that this doesn't happen more often given the accessibility to guns nowadays.

As for receiving nationwide coverage, I doubt it will for a couple of reasons. Congress is taking up the news with trying to keep that woman alive. The current story of the young girl being abducted and killed in Florida is hot and tugging at the heart strings of America. And this happened on a Native Reserve, and for the most part the American public could care less what happens there.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 12:52 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Not to point fingers but where were his parents when he bought the gun.If they had payed any attention to him they would know that he was going to do this.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:02 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Not to point fingers but where were his parents when he bought the gun.If they had payed any attention to him they would know that he was going to do this.JM

Oh how I missed the simple and lucid thoughts of JM. His father didn't stop him because he had committed suicide four years ago. His mother didn't stop him because she lives in a Minneapolis nursing home after suffering brain injuries in a car accident. I believe that he lived with his Grandparents, and they did not stop him because he shot them first! Before you make a simple comment, or any comment at all, perhaps you should read about what you are commenting on, just a thought.

So this kid had no parents, no friends, live on one of the poorest reservations in the state and all the other kids picked on him often...why are people surprised this happened?

By the way, the innocent placing of your shooting smiley is actually kind of insensitive and tacky.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:13 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Apparently, according to the news here his grandfather was a retired police officer. He stole the gun from his house after killing them. I don't even know if he has parents. But it is terrible what the world is coming to. I can only be thankful it hasn't started in Australia, but I fear its only a matter of time.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:18 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic_Beings
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder what music he listened to roffel

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:20 PM
Cosmic_Beings is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic_Beings a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic_Beings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by Cosmic_Beings
I wonder what music he listened to roffel

I would think that the fact the he had no parents, had no friends, lived in a hopeless situation, and was taunted and made fun of everyday played a larger part in this than the music he listened to.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:29 PM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

But its amazing how easily in these cases the real reasons and problems are glossed over and its blamed on a video game or music.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:45 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

im sure that someway...somehow...this will be blamed on music and video games

edit: wow, just saw imperials post before mine. its amazing how saddly preditable our society is. we should just be a couple of cynics making some smartass comments...but we aren't...this is exactly what will happen.

grand theft auto 3, and marilyn manson...yep....their fault...not ours

Last edited by PVS on Mar 22nd, 2005 at 01:52 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 01:46 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote