KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is Beauty Skin Deep?

Is Beauty Skin Deep?
Started by: silver_tears

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

Question Is Beauty Skin Deep?

Who thinks that beauty is all about what people look like?

This is stemming from a lot of things I have been reading around here. confused
People everywhere are insecure and have low self-esteem.
In the OTF "Do You Love Me" threads pop up all the time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So the question is, when you see someone who isn't the Hollywood definition of beautiful do you just walk on by, or do you bother to learn something about them before judging them based on looks? no expression

Like at school or work for example......
Are you friends with people who in society may be considered ugly based on their looks alone, or do you just hang out with people who are cute and or sexy? smart

Or do you wish you looked like someone else because you consider yourself to be ugly? sad

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 08:55 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I'm happy with who I am, but that doesn't mean i don't do things like go to the gym, style my hair differently, try different styles of clothes in order to make myself look better.

In passing, i tend to notice the more attractive women and make an attempt to get to know them. But what's attractive to me may be of lower standard than most guys...i try to be open minded about people.

At school or work, any person that is willing to have a conversation with me and get to know me is worth having as a friend..if not more.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 09:02 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SumWatTwisted
I'm Back!

I think beauty is what's on the inside. I really don't care if you're attractive or not. If we share the same interests and really like eachother, then I'll be with you.

Made By Delicious1

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 09:08 PM
SumWatTwisted is currently offline Click here to Send SumWatTwisted a Private Message Find more posts by SumWatTwisted Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

"Do you love me"....hums the tune to the song from Fidler on the Roof....I was listening to the soundtrack a few days ago....
low self esteem is a sad thing....I've been wondering about that

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 09:10 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Beauty is not only skin deep, and people who believe so, will not end up well no

One very important thing to remember is that beauty fades and it will fade, so what do you do when you grow older and release you've wasted your life with someone who looked good, and now that the looks is gone, nothing else is left. In my view thats pretty tragic.

I am friends with all kinds of people, and to me they are all beautiful and great.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 09:14 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

You rock milla thumb up
I have views on this, but the post will be long and I gotta run, update later big grin

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 09:15 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

you are beautiful because God made you....whether you're pretty by human standards is another matter....and yes, it does fade so love the inside of a person as well as the outside.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 09:15 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Everybody is beautiful in their own way

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 09:17 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

precisely.....

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 09:19 PM
PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
~Forbidden*Innocence~

I take the time to get to know someone, even if they aren't the perfect deffinition of beautiful to everyone, because i know how it is to not be given the chance because you aren't "Beautiful."I know i don't like it when i get done that way,so i don't do it to others, cause alot of people who aren't "beautiful" are so beautiful on the inside...they truely are beautiful.I just wish people didn't judge on face, and or body type, just on a persons personality and character.

my soul cries for deliverance
will i be denied
Christ
tourniquet
my suicide

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 10:03 PM
PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT is currently offline Click here to Send PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT a Private Message Find more posts by PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tazman
Taz's World

honestly, looks is the first thing you notice on a person (given that you haven't talked to this person over the phone or internet first). looks may be the initial attraction, but it's only partial to what would really make you attracted to a person. even the prettiest of girls can be very unattractive once you get to know them, and same goes for guys to the ladies i'm sure. just as the opposite is some 'ugly' girls can be very attractive and fun to be around. i'll be honest, looks does matter to me, but little in comparison to other attributes.

things like personality, self confidence, sense of self worth, intelligence, sense of humor, direction in life, good conversationalist, interests, goals, etc., all come into play after the initial attraction and are far more worth having then looks. as already stated, looks fade away and/or something could happen that takes the looks away (ie car accident, burn, etc).

it's sad that in society, more for girls then guys i think, the pressure put on you to be skinny and beautiful. it's one thing to want to be healthy and take care of yourself, there's nothing wrong with that, but to feel ugly because you're not a stick on a magazine is very sad. sad

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 10:04 PM
tazman is currently offline Click here to Send tazman a Private Message Find more posts by tazman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SumWatTwisted
I'm Back!

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Beauty is not only skin deep, and people who believe so, will not end up well no

One very important thing to remember is that beauty fades and it will fade, so what do you do when you grow older and release you've wasted your life with someone who looked good, and now that the looks is gone, nothing else is left. In my view thats pretty tragic.

I am friends with all kinds of people, and to me they are all beautiful and great.

I totally agree

Made By Delicious1

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 10:04 PM
SumWatTwisted is currently offline Click here to Send SumWatTwisted a Private Message Find more posts by SumWatTwisted Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tazman
Taz's World

oh, btw to answer the other part of the thread, i have friends that is a mixture of both. some are overweight and do not have beautiful faces, but are extremely fun to be with, and some of my friends turn heads.

oh, and one more thing i wanted to add to the list i stated before. one of the most attractive things a girl can have (and this may be true about guys as well), is someone who is nothing but themselves and is okay with that. if they want to be goofy, they are. if they want to be strong and confident, they are. if they want to go out and play tackle football and get dirty, they will. if they want to wear a nice dress and be a princess for a night, they will.

ok, i'll shut up now. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 10:11 PM
tazman is currently offline Click here to Send tazman a Private Message Find more posts by tazman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

To me, beauty means nothing.

To society, beauty means everything.

And people wonder why I'm anti-social... wink

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 10:19 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It varies from person to person. Shallow people may only care about looks and only find someone who is physically good looking beautiful. But most people will find beauty with other aspects of a person.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 10:21 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

two words: shallow hal. that pretty much sums up my opinion on this subject.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 11:42 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Re: Is Beauty Skin Deep?

*runs in, sees cermie hasn't posted yet*
What? you expected a beautiful pancreas? laughing out loud (had to do that cerm)

quote:
Originally posted by silver_tears
People everywhere are insecure and have low self-esteem.

Cause these days it's cool to be insecure roll eyes (sarcastic)

quote:
In the OTF "Do You Love Me" threads pop up all the time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You already gave the answer yourself: it's the OTF, it's full of attentionwhores

quote:
So the question is, when you see someone who isn't the Hollywood definition of beautiful do you just walk on by, or do you bother to learn something about them before judging them based on looks? no expression

if you mean, if I look only at external appearance: no, when I talk to someone, I don't care how they look like at all. Of course, the chances of talking to a girl you think is pretty are higher ... unfortunatly

quote:
Are you friends with people who in society may be considered ugly based on their looks alone, or do you just hang out with people who are cute and or sexy? smart

society can nag all they want, I hang out with people that I like mentally, cause how the frecking hell can you hang out with people that are cute but have absolutely no brains or the same interests as you?? talk about clothes all day? perfume? heck no! I love to talk about sports, movies, news in general etc.!

quote:
Or do you wish you looked like someone else because you consider yourself to be ugly? sad

I don't consider myself ugly, I know I am, it's an established fact big grin

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 12:18 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Annoyingly people do tend to see the outward appearance and make a judgment on it. Which is a real shame because in my experience people who are physically unattractive to you, as you get to know and like them on a personal level, magically become more beautiful. In the end its not all to do with what the eyes see but what the mind perceives.

I have an a picture somewhere at home with a very very gorgeous woman on and the caption underneath says something like "She will annoy the hell out of someone somewhere because to someone she is a real cow!" and that to me says it all.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 12:28 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§H@Ñ€
???

i think it would be hard to truly love someone that isn't all that good looking. i hear ppl saying they love who ever for their personality, but that is needed, so is looks.

Click my sig to go to my gallery!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 12:37 AM
§H@Ñ€ is currently offline Click here to Send §H@Ñ€ a Private Message Find more posts by §H@Ñ€ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

of course there need to be some physical attraction but besides that, you can clearly go for personality

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 12:39 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote