KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why is Psychology the Most Popular Major?

Why is Psychology the Most Popular Major?
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Worried Why is Psychology the Most Popular Major?

No offense to psych majors or anyone looking to be a psych major, but I'm very curious as to why this major is the most popular major in the country. I have a few of my own theories but I would like to hear from everyone else.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:31 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Cause itz is easy...and you make good money out of BS .....nah actually Psychology is quite fun...as pastime hobby.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:34 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I blame Ally McBeal.

If only there was a tv programme made to make Engineering sexier, and hence more popular.

Hey, I could star in it! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:34 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Because certain people build this false illusion that if you know psychology you can control other people's mind. Which is absolutely false. Psychology is a very extensive and dedicated major to complete.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:36 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Ally Mc Beal was great I would thingk it promoted law though not psychology.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:36 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

For me, it would be a matter of better understanding of those around me. I know how I think, and I'm usually pretty good at judging what other people think, but I wouldn't mind having a frame of reference to draw upon to reach my conclusions.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:40 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I was talking about the shrink they had in it... no wait she was an idiot.

Well then I blame the shrinks they have appear in all programmes today. It seems tv plots have to have a shrink involved at some point.

Last edited by mechmoggy on May 3rd, 2005 at 06:43 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:40 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Really, I see that like a fourth of my pschology class dropped psychology and did something else.

And I'm a major in Psychology cuz I always was fascinated by my brother's work.(He's a pyschologist).

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:28 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I actually was majoring in art, until I took a psychology class. I was so fascinated by it that I decided to change my major. It's very interesting learning about how the mind works and how people think the way they do.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailormoon
The newest sailor scout

I'm thinking about psychology, but I don't wanna control peoples' minds!! I also know it takes a LOT of work so I'm still thinking... Especially after Gothika. It seems interesting though! I thought pediatrics was the biggest major.

Sig by amity75!!!

Old Post May 7th, 2005 11:53 PM
sailormoon is currently offline Click here to Send sailormoon a Private Message Find more posts by sailormoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

actually i think its sort of a status symbol for people, look at me i am a bright intelligent Psych major, woohoo.
thats my opinion

Old Post May 9th, 2005 01:41 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

As a Molecular Biologist, I laugh at psychologists egotistical opinions of themselves. Stick that in your pipe Freud.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 9th, 2005 12:32 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Evil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because people want to feel big, atleast those i've had the pleasure of talking too. They think just cause they know how the human brain works they know everything about you.

They like to classiefy me as mentaly unstable, which I am, but that's not thier problem now is it? I then retort with thier flaws and stuff, they try to play that act "How do you know? Did you go to college mr.dropout?" "No idiot, I'm just observant." Click Click Boom.

Alot of people come to me as you would a therapist. I'm always willing to listen and have been called very wise beyond my years and if it makes them feel better cool. Funny how I help other people with thier mental anguish yet I suffer greatly from paranoia, depression, and schizotypal syndrome. I'm talking Batman level psychosis here..

Old Post May 10th, 2005 03:05 AM
Big Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Big Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Big Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote