KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Almost Time for Bush to Explain that Pesky Little Memo...

Almost Time for Bush to Explain that Pesky Little Memo...
Started by: PVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Miffed Almost Time for Bush to Explain that Pesky Little Memo...

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/ Kenn...ted_f_0607.html

Ted Kennedy is the first member of our functionless congress to finally get up off his fat ass and demand answers...thank god messed senator john kerry will soon join the good fight. i smell impeachment yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The following was released by Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) on the Downing Street Minutes this morning. Kennedy becomes the first senator to raise the issue in the Senate, after earlier reports that Massachusetts' junior senator, John Kerry, would speak about the minutes in Washington.

“The contents of the Downing Street Minutes confirm that the Bush Administration was determined to go to war in Iraq, regardless of whether there was any credible justification for doing so. The Administration distorted and misrepresented the intelligence in its attempt to link Saddam Hussein with the terrorists of 9/11 and Osama bin Laden, and with weapons of mass destruction that Iraq did not have.

"In addition, the Downing Street Minutes also confirm what has long been obvious – that the timing of the war was linked to the 2002 Congressional elections, and that the Administration’s planning for post-war Iraq was incompetent in all its aspects. The current continuing crisis is a direct result of that incompetence.

"Many of you have worked hard for the American people, the media and those in government to speak out about the Downing Street Minutes and the Iraq war. You can join me in speaking out as well.

"The policy of “shoot first, ask questions later” took us into an unjustified war, and without a clear concept of what “winning the war” actually means.

"President Bush constantly talks about the “progress” that is being made in Iraq against the insurgency, but he’s looking for good news with a microscope. All anyone can see is “Mission Mis-accomplished” and the continuing losses of American lives, the deaths of thousands of innocent Iraqis, the torture scandal, and the ominous decline in our nation’s moral authority in the world community.

We know the Administration had been planning to invade Iraq for many months before the invasion actually began. We know the Administration twisted the intelligence to make the facts fit their plan. We know that the Administration never really intended to give the U.N. weapons inspectors a reasonable chance to succeed. The Downing Street Minutes demonstrate that the Administration knew their case for war was paper thin, and that in order to go into war with the support of our allies, we had to demonstrate some willingness to go along with the UN inspection process. But the Administration continued to misuse its intelligence, distort the facts and pay only lip-service to the UN’s role in disarming Iraq.

"We never should have gone to war for ideological reasons driven by politics and based on manipulated intelligence. The Downing Street Minutes provide even more proof that this is exactly what happened on Iraq. The Administration’s dishonesty, lack of candor, and lack of planning have brought us to where we are today, with American soldiers dying, Iraqi civilians living in constant fear, and with no clearer picture of our strategy for victory in Iraq than when we started.”

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 07:35 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Re: Almost Time for Bush to Explain that Pesky Little Memo...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PVS
http://rawstory.com/news/2005/ Kenn...ted_f_0607.html

Ted Kennedy is the first member of our functionless congress to finally get up off his fat ass and demand answers...thank god messed senator john kerry will soon join the good fight. i smell impeachment yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The following was released by Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) on the Downing Street Minutes this morning. Kennedy becomes the first senator to raise the issue in the Senate, after earlier reports that Massachusetts' junior senator, John Kerry, would speak about the minutes in Washington.

“The contents of the Downing Street Minutes confirm that the Bush Administration was determined to go to war in Iraq, regardless of whether there was any credible justification for doing so. The Administration distorted and misrepresented the intelligence in its attempt to link Saddam Hussein with the terrorists of 9/11 and Osama bin Laden, and with weapons of mass destruction that Iraq did not have.

"In addition, the Downing Street Minutes also confirm what has long been obvious – that the timing of the war was linked to the 2002 Congressional elections, and that the Administration’s planning for post-war Iraq was incompetent in all its aspects. The current continuing crisis is a direct result of that incompetence.

"Many of you have worked hard for the American people, the media and those in government to speak out about the Downing Street Minutes and the Iraq war. You can join me in speaking out as well.

"The policy of “shoot first, ask questions later” took us into an unjustified war, and without a clear concept of what “winning the war” actually means.

"President Bush constantly talks about the “progress” that is being made in Iraq against the insurgency, but he’s looking for good news with a microscope. All anyone can see is “Mission Mis-accomplished” and the continuing losses of American lives, the deaths of thousands of innocent Iraqis, the torture scandal, and the ominous decline in our nation’s moral authority in the world community.

We know the Administration had been planning to invade Iraq for many months before the invasion actually began. We know the Administration twisted the intelligence to make the facts fit their plan. We know that the Administration never really intended to give the U.N. weapons inspectors a reasonable chance to succeed. The Downing Street Minutes demonstrate that the Administration knew their case for war was paper thin, and that in order to go into war with the support of our allies, we had to demonstrate some willingness to go along with the UN inspection process. But the Administration continued to misuse its intelligence, distort the facts and pay only lip-service to the UN’s role in disarming Iraq.

"We never should have gone to war for ideological reasons driven by politics and based on manipulated intelligence. The Downing Street Minutes provide even more proof that this is exactly what happened on Iraq. The Administration’s dishonesty, lack of candor, and lack of planning have brought us to where we are today, with American soldiers dying, Iraqi civilians living in constant fear, and with no clearer picture of our strategy for victory in Iraq than when we started.”

Lol if you think Bush is going to get impeached for this? You must have been dropped on your head one to many times.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 07:51 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

I am not a fan of the Kennedy's, but way to go Ted. And Yes, Bush should be impeached for this. Will it happen? Doubt it, but if it did it would be a great thing for the American people, in my opinion anyway.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 07:59 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Almost Time for Bush to Explain that Pesky Little Memo...

Originally posted by KidRock
derp der derpity deriderp derp der derp

for your own dignity, please stfu

kthx smile

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:06 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Evil
Restricted

Account Restricted

John Kerry can suck my left nut, he doesn't even show up for 90% of the confrences the lazy ****. He has no say in anything. He's just pissed cause everyone knew he was a lazy asstard and that's why he lost the election. Infact all of congress is lazy assholes.

And on that note: Bush is too smart to get impeached. He's a clever little devil and that's why I like him. He's going to screw you b-itches over, do his annoying laugh, blame it on the terrorists, and let me tap his beautiful twins.

Okay the last part I made up but the rest is deffinitly true lol..

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:20 PM
Big Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Big Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Big Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Big Evil
John Kerry can suck my left nut, he doesn't even show up for 90% of the confrences the lazy ****. He has no say in anything. He's just pissed cause everyone knew he was a lazy asstard and that's why he lost the election. Infact all of congress is lazy assholes.

And on that note: Bush is too smart to get impeached. He's a clever little devil and that's why I like him. He's going to screw you b-itches over, do his annoying laugh, blame it on the terrorists, and let me tap his beautiful twins.

Okay the last part I made up but the rest is deffinitly true lol..

thanks for that...however pointless it was confused

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:28 PM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

That was pretty much a thought turd.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:38 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by KidRock
Lol if you think Bush is going to get impeached for this? You must have been dropped on your head one to many times.

Lying to the nation? Isn't that what Clinton was impeached for?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Evil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lana
Lying to the nation? Isn't that what Clinton was impeached for?

Clinton WASN'T impeached..

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:51 PM
Big Evil is currently offline Click here to Send Big Evil a Private Message Find more posts by Big Evil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Evil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KharmaDog
That was pretty much a thought turd.

Oh and like you're such a ****ing genious. Think you stupid liberal.. THINK!

If Bush gets impeached..
DICK CHENNY becomes president!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:51 PM
Peach
mordrem

Clinton WASN'T impeached..

Yes he was. Being impeached means the president was officially charged with a crime.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:53 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

dick cheney IS president erm

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:53 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I think it is time for you guys to get over bush being president!He is and there is nothering we can do about it.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:55 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

the first time i saw it, i thought it might just be a typo...but now...

its "NOTHING"!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST CHILD!!!!!

"NOTHING"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 08:58 PM
KidRock

Re: Re: Re: Almost Time for Bush to Explain that Pesky Little Memo...

Originally posted by PVS
for your own dignity, please stfu

kthx smile

A 30 year old saying kthx.. I see you lost your dignity long ago.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 09:02 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Oh and like you're such a ****ing genious. Think you stupid liberal.. THINK!

If Bush gets impeached..

Another intelligent post, you continue to underwhelm. And I am not liberal, nor am I conservative. I don't think you need to prescribe to either group. I choose to look at the facts, weigh them, and make my own opinion. What's really funny about your comment is that you spelled genius wrong, way to go sheckie! thumb up

Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I think it is time for you guys to get over bush being president!He is and there is nothering we can do about it.JM

Yes there is, hence the mentioning of impeachment. And it's not "nothering" it's "nothing". There is no "r" in "nothing". Sometimes you really frighten me. no expression

Last edited by KharmaDog on Jun 7th, 2005 at 09:12 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 09:03 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Lets keep the insults out of this thread.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 09:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

If Bush gets impeached..

err NO ;

Article 2 , section 4 of The constitution of the USA says:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

This involves
President George W. Bush
Vice President Richard B. Cheney,
Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld,
and
Attorney General John David Ashcroft

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 12:56 AM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GCG
err NO ;

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

This involves
President George W. Bush
and

BAM!!!!!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 01:35 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by GCG
err NO ;

This involves
President George W. Bush
and

Please respond to this Big Evil, every time you type something down it seems to be wrong, I can't wait for your next installment of, "Comments from the woefully misinformed".

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 02:16 AM