KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » My Achilles conspiracy theory!

My Achilles conspiracy theory!
Started by: EsteemedLeader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

My Achilles conspiracy theory!

I think Achilles may have never existed. in the Trojan war (if it ever really happened), i think Prince Hector was offed by a nobody. however, dying in battle to footsoldier 8305 isnt exactly the most glorious death. what if the Trojans created the story of Achilles to glorify Hector? after all, dying valiantly in battle with the worlds greatest warrior sounds pretty cool right? of course, they had to explain why Achilles didnt do anything afterward, so the thought-up the "Achilles Heel". or perhaps there was an actual faceless warrior named Achilles, and after he killed Hector, the Trojans lied up the whole "worlds greatest warrior" bit...

Bow before your new ruler...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 02:50 AM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 02:59 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sir Mist

man of few words?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:00 AM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by Sir Mist

agreed messed

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:00 AM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

I can see Homer now:

D'oh!

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:02 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh, i get it, you all think im crazy. a little paranoia and everybody thinks im a wacko. well you people dont realize that all "crazy" means is open-minded. if more people would grasp the fact that stuff like this can, has, and will happen, the world might not be such a stupid place.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:07 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think you're crazy. I mean, Bush made up WMD's in Iraq(greatest threat in the world) to cover up the ass beating we took on 9/11. So, it makes sense.

Was that a bad example to substantiate your theory?

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:11 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I don't think you're crazy. I mean, Bush made up WMD's in Iraq(greatest threat in the world) to cover up the ass beating we took on 9/11. So, it makes sense.

Was that a bad example to substantiate your theory?

no, thats a perfect example of "stretching the truth" like im talking about. but what i want to know is, how many people will accept that its possible

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:20 AM
GCG
Red Bull

So are you saying that Achilles and Hector never faced off outside the Fortified part of Troy with Greeks and Trojans as spectators, and Achilles is overrated as a warrior ?

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:46 AM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Re: My Achilles conspiracy theory!

Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
I think Achilles may have never existed. in the Trojan war (if it ever really happened), i think Prince Hector was offed by a nobody. however, dying in battle to footsoldier 8305 isnt exactly the most glorious death. what if the Trojans created the story of Achilles to glorify Hector? after all, dying valiantly in battle with the worlds greatest warrior sounds pretty cool right? of course, they had to explain why Achilles didnt do anything afterward, so the thought-up the "Achilles Heel". or perhaps there was an actual faceless warrior named Achilles, and after he killed Hector, the Trojans lied up the whole "worlds greatest warrior" bit...

Decent theory. Much more acceptable than lizardmen taking over. I still have to disagree though.

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:49 AM
Echuu is currently offline Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GCG
So are you saying that Achilles and Hector never faced off outside the Fortified part of Troy with Greeks and Trojans as spectators, and Achilles is overrated as a warrior ?

overrated, no. nonexistant, maybe. these were the high end of the stick. their word was literally law. it could have conveniently been the "will of the gods that Hector fell before the mighty Achilles", if you know what i mean...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:53 AM
NinthCorona

Umm... the Trojan War is still theory.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:06 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Snoopbert
Umm... the Trojan War is still theory.

i know, i dont even think it happened. it was in a book by the same guy that wrote The Odyssey, which is all fake...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:07 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

Originally posted by MC Mike
I can see Homer now:

D'oh!

now that was funny laughing out loud

I'm a signature!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:16 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, thats a perfect example of "stretching the truth" like im talking about. but what i want to know is, how many people will accept that its possible

It's very possible. I mean, look how many people believe that a Santa Clause looking guy is floating in the clouds..watching us...waiting to damn us to a pit of fire for all eternity. As Hitler said...the bigger the lie, the more people will believe it.

And my first example was NOT really meant to be anything more than sarcasm.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:24 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

overrated, no. nonexistant, maybe. these were the high end of the stick. their word was literally law. it could have conveniently been the "will of the gods that Hector fell before the mighty Achilles", if you know what i mean...

If its the Greeks telling the story, they are most certainly going to glorify the downfall of Hector, so you have a point.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:28 AM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GCG
If its the Greeks telling the story, they are most certainly going to glorify the downfall of Hector, so you have a point.

you mean the Trojans, Hector was prince of Troy. and i believe its definitely possible. it was all about glory in those days

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:30 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that bottom line, this story did more for the Greeks self-esteem than it did the Trojans. So, your logic is a bit askew. But, at least you consider things like this. It shows potential. Don't forget, these stories helped to create the Greek culture...to bring them all together and actually become "Greeks". It illustrated the potential progress that could come about by a unification of the grecian cultures. Alexander the Great was inspired to conqueror the western world using these storys.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:40 AM
GCG
Red Bull

I meant IF its the Greeks (meet me half way herelaughing out loud_) cause the Trojans could not have kept any records on the events since Troy burnt unless it supposedly spread through the grapevine.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:47 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Thats the great thing about theories and opinions, they're like assholes, everybody has one stick out tongue.

Good theory though. Anything to back it up?

What is this I don't even

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 05:07 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote