KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Rescue choppers being fired on?

Rescue choppers being fired on?
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rescue choppers being fired on?

did you guys hear this? rescue choppers in louisiana are trying to airlift victims out and were fired upon by some idiots. they had to leave. what the hell?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 12:52 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Where did you here this?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 12:59 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

On the news....I've heard it's because they were shooting to get their attention to come over here, or over there...Kind of a stupid way to get attention for help.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 01:00 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

some guests staying at my hotel are refugees from louisiana. they told me about it. why would people do this?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 01:12 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

maybe cause they were doing some looting and they thought the chopper was filming them ?

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 01:14 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i wouldve fired back!!! give them a few clips from an M 16 and they will scatter like cockroaches.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 01:26 PM
NunYahBidness
You can stop looking, now

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i wouldve fired back!!! give them a few clips from an M 16 and they will scatter like cockroaches.
And yes, that approach has worked quite well in the past.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 06:39 PM
NunYahBidness is currently offline Click here to Send NunYahBidness a Private Message Find more posts by NunYahBidness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I've read that, not to mention the raping of young girls in the dome, and molestation of a two year old, and the looting, the urinating and defecating in public view, etc etc. Quite grotesque and speaks a lot of humanity as a whole. But then again I read this in the Toronto Sun, from a survivor story, don't know how reliable that is.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 07:04 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NunYahBidness
You can stop looking, now

I've read the same thing also...but of course not your paper. It's sad when such a tragedy as that also brings out the worse kind of animal to prey on the weak and helpless. Me, being a human would like to see them rot in that putrid water and be forgotten like so many garbage.

It's not enough that these people have to suffer, but suffer humiliation as well?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 07:29 PM
NunYahBidness is currently offline Click here to Send NunYahBidness a Private Message Find more posts by NunYahBidness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

That would be moronic for them to do.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 08:23 PM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I've been hearing and reading about this for days, and have mentioned it several times.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 08:40 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

did you guys hear this? rescue choppers in louisiana are trying to airlift victims out and were fired upon by some idiots. they had to leave. what the hell?

The idiots who did that deserve to be eaten by a bunch of tiger sharks.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 09:42 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Insanity probably set in about the time they saw corpses and sharks floating down the avenues.

(Seriously)

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 09:48 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

so uncivilsed ; we got a glimpse of our future.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 10:16 PM
GCG is currently offline Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

O.K., enough folks, the press glorifies the instances where humanity turns in on itself and act like animals. People love to talk about it. You know what?... the people shooting eachother and looting are the same assholes who were doing that before the hurricane. It's true, a large portion of humanity sucks.

But to be serious, there are far more instances of people helping eachother out right now than people shooting eachother.

There are people donating time and money across both the U.S. and Canada (as I am sure there is other help coming fromaround the world). There are people helping eachother in the streets and the emergency services are trying their best.

You know what else (this goes out to Kidrock and those who are equally like minded) alot of the people helping eachother out are minorities. On T.V. the briefly showed an enormous black gut carrying three people of asian decent to a rescue boat and when they told the big guy t get in he said that he's got to help more people.

I'd like to see some people focus on people like that nameless guy who is helping than on the people shooting and acting like assholes.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2005 11:00 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Insanity probably set in about the time they saw corpses and sharks floating down the avenues.

(Seriously)

-AC

That'd be kind of cool...not like the death and everything, but the sharks.
Originally posted by KharmaDog
O.K., enough folks, the press glorifies the instances where humanity turns in on itself and act like animals. People love to talk about it. You know what?... the people shooting eachother and looting are the same assholes who were doing that before the hurricane. It's true, a large portion of humanity sucks.

But to be serious, there are far more instances of people helping eachother out right now than people shooting eachother.

There are people donating time and money across both the U.S. and Canada (as I am sure there is other help coming fromaround the world). There are people helping eachother in the streets and the emergency services are trying their best.

You know what else (this goes out to Kidrock and those who are equally like minded) alot of the people helping eachother out are minorities. On T.V. the briefly showed an enormous black gut carrying three people of asian decent to a rescue boat and when they told the big guy t get in he said that he's got to help more people.

I'd like to see some people focus on people like that nameless guy who is helping than on the people shooting and acting like assholes.

Doesn't matter. Availability heuristic for the win. (And the truth, at times.)

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 01:28 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i had an arguement with one of the women at work about this today (i.e the shooting at of the choppers). i said them firing on emergency choppers was moronic, she said that they were retaliating after being ignored by everyone for two weeks and left in this squallor and filth, with nothing to live and noone to help. if these people shooting at choppers are so screwwed, why try to take out your best chance of survival.
and yes, Kharmadog is right, these idiots looting were around before, this devistation is just a excuse to them

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:45 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seaapple
Undersea Baron

My sister was there on vacation, she got evacuated to the Convention Center one night. She woke up to people singing and having church services. A good samaritan drove her to Baton Rouge. Some people she met worked for IBM and the company got a local resident to put them up for a night while they waited for a plane. The media tells the sensational part, but not the whole story. It's sad that there are some predatory people out there, but normal (the majority) people don't make the news.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 05:26 AM
seaapple is currently offline Click here to Send seaapple a Private Message Find more posts by seaapple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote