KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Death Penalty

Are you for the death penalty or against it?
This poll is closed.
for death penalty 21 38.18%
against death penalty 23 41.82%
Undecided 11 20.00%
Total: 55 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Death Penalty
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (88): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Death Penalty

This was brought up in another thread, but I believe it deserves a thread of its own. What are your thoughts on the death penatly.

I am for it...strongly, but it also is dependent upon the circumstances....for the sentence.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:38 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

VERY MUCH AGAINST

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:46 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As I said in the other thread, I am very much against it as well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's two versus 1, close it wink / big grin

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

You should come down to Texas, we fry the suckers like BBQ evil face

I'm actually against the death peanlty, it's barbaric and so Wild Wild West roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 12:14 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I am for death penalty, whish we had it in Norway

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 11:06 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

for what?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 12:12 PM
Tex
Yumsz

There's no murderers in Norway, just nice 7ft tall people and your occasional disgruntled Viking!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 05:00 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I'm against it too..

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 05:28 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I'm for it. It should be used a little more here in the States if you ask me. People who commit murders are nothing but slime and don't diserve to live anywhere, even prison.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 08:50 PM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Well, I don't think it's for us as I society to decide who should die because they're guilty..and I don't think we always have the right person..there's been several overturned death sentences in the last few years because of the new DNA evidence prooved that they didn't do it. It makes you wonder how many innocent people we've executed. Lastly..contrary to popular belief it's cheaper to house these people for the rest of their lives rather than let them exerise their full right to judicial appeals.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 09:52 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Tex, don't commit a crime, or we'll be able to smell your nuts cookin from here! eek!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 02:48 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.........

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 08:13 AM
yerssot

That's VERY true Dim!
And there are others who think that execution is giving an example to others...
explain me then why the crime-rates are STILL going up?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 04:50 PM
finti

where are they going up, they are dropping in the States.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 10:29 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

guess everywhere excapt in the States (and I think that's because it handles the zero-tollerance)

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 10:34 PM
Tex
Yumsz

No, actually murder in large US cities is up dramatically this year.
I dont know about other crimes, but I doubt that the death peantly applies to pick pockets and car thiefs.......unless they steal my car evil face

Old Post Dec 26th, 2001 11:01 PM
Zed

So the people here who are FOR the death penalty, what do you think a person has to do before he/she should get the death penalty.

And for those who are AGAINST do you believe that a criminal on death-row (for example) can be re-habilitated, if so how.

And lastly for those who don't believe in re-habitilization, What do you believe in??

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 12:41 AM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm really not sure that all criminals can be re-habilitiated.

But I do know that a. a system of judicial murder will never bring about improvement and b. that plenty of countries get on fine without the death sentence- with no higher levels of crime.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 12:52 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I think that life in prison is far worse then the death peanlty! Let the bastards suffer, that's what I say.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 01:02 AM