KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Im not allowed to date and im 17...help!

Im not allowed to date and im 17...help!
Started by: veronica002

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
veronica002

Im not allowed to date and im 17...help!

Ok im a senior i have good grades i have been accepted to UC's and im in a swim team i practice up to 4 hours a day. Just by that dont u think im a good girl?... well my parents trust and they let me go out with my friends but not on dates... My older brother scrwed up is college plans because of his gf and now has a kid and works all the time... so because of my bro i think she is taking it out on me... i know she dosent want me to mess up my life too but still thats not fair... i mean i could probably go behind her back but i dont feel right about doing that. so what should i do?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 09:33 PM
veronica002 is currently offline Click here to Send veronica002 a Private Message Find more posts by veronica002 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

grow some rocks and put your foot down.

any other questions?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 09:34 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PVS

any other questions?

He speaks the truth.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 09:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think you can wait a year.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:02 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The problem you have is really a very small one. You have parents that love you, things could be worse. big grin

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:05 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

your not missing all that much, most guys are assholes and don't know the first thing about manners, sex, good area restaurants or conversation.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:05 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The problem you have is really a very small one. You have parents that love you, things could be worse. big grin

Yeah..you could have parents that ....love....you too much......you get it?....eh?..... eh?...anyone?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:07 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Re: Im not allowed to date and im 17...help!

Originally posted by veronica002
Ok im a senior i have good grades i have been accepted to UC's and im in a swim team i practice up to 4 hours a day. Just by that dont u think im a good girl?... well my parents trust and they let me go out with my friends but not on dates... My older brother scrwed up is college plans because of his gf and now has a kid and works all the time... so because of my bro i think she is taking it out on me... i know she dosent want me to mess up my life too but still thats not fair... i mean i could probably go behind her back but i dont feel right about doing that. so what should i do?
whos she?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:07 PM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah..you could have parents that ....love....you too much......you get it?....eh?..... eh?...anyone?

You are sick sick but that was the point. big grin

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:09 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You are sick sick but that was the point. big grin

Indeed.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:11 PM
veronica002

Re: Re: Im not allowed to date and im 17...help!

Originally posted by DrDoom101
whos she?

she as in my mom

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:15 PM
veronica002 is currently offline Click here to Send veronica002 a Private Message Find more posts by veronica002 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

He's right, chica. Just wait til you're in college and then go buckwild. Orale!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:20 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Ill ask your mom about it tonight when I pick her up cool

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 10:52 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by PVS

any other questions?

Yeah cause that ALWAYS works when you try and tell your parents how things are going to be. laughing out loud

Have you tried enlisting the help of another adult to talk to her about this?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 11:02 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Yeah cause that ALWAYS works when you try and tell your parents how things are going to be. laughing out loud

rebellion is the key to compromise. if her parents are completely irrational, and she remains obedient, guess what happens? nothing.
plus it earns respect, if you put your foot down in a respectable manner sans-tantrum and be firm about it.

unless of coarse she's not telling us something and there is a reason for such strictness. otherwise its bullshit.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2006 11:07 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Hmm..Sounds like you're halfway in the same situation as me, kind of. I was'nt aloud to date until I was 16 and I'm almost 17 now. I had a different boyfriend when I was 14-15 and I sometimes went behind my parents backs to go to the movies with him and my best friend and her boyfriend (We dated Twins), and sometimes I'd even tell them and they huffed but got over it. It was RARE though.
I just think you should talk to your parents about it, otherwise you arent going to get anywhere unless you sneak behind their back, which isnt the right thing to do. If I had a chance to take it back I would considering my ex was a [bleep]

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 12:03 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
River Wild

The best thing to do is to wait for another year! smile

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 12:13 AM
River Wild is currently offline Click here to Send River Wild a Private Message Find more posts by River Wild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

I'm 14 and going behind my parents' backs.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 12:41 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Oh you rebel.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 01:07 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 01:54 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote