KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Drinking

Drinking
Started by: Zebina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zebina
I Hate Attention Whores

Question Drinking

Ok here's the thing,
My sisters eldest daughter is 17, and last week she (my niece) asked my brother in law if she could have one wine cooler. And he said yes. My mother had a fit and started b!tching to me about it.

Here's my thoughts, she's 17, she's Never been in trouble in her life, and she only had one wine cooler AT HOME, with her father there with her. I don't think it's such a big deal.

What do you think?

Click Please

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:18 AM
Zebina is currently offline Click here to Send Zebina a Private Message Find more posts by Zebina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emma718
posthuman

i don't think thats a big deals, she is only a year away till she is 18 and she seems responsible so i think it is fine!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:20 AM
Emma718 is currently offline Click here to Send Emma718 a Private Message Find more posts by Emma718 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

it happens in the home with at least psuedo responsible adults (I mean they're probably drinking as well so) rather teach them there and foster that family piece in my opinion.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:22 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

the underage drinking law is assuming that children aren't responsible.

if you feel the 17 year old is responsible...then there shouldn't be an issue

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:36 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I dont see a problem with this at all.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:46 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zebina
I Hate Attention Whores

My mom believes that she will start drinking outside of the house and ruin here life

Click Please

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:48 AM
Zebina is currently offline Click here to Send Zebina a Private Message Find more posts by Zebina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zebina
My mom believes that she will start drinking outside of the house and ruin here life

your mom might just be a bit paranoid...unless the 17 year old has already proven herself irresponsible

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 07:31 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Re: Drinking

Originally posted by Zebina
Ok here's the thing,
My sisters eldest daughter is 17, and last week she (my niece) asked my brother in law if she could have one wine cooler. And he said yes. My mother had a fit and started b!tching to me about it.

Here's my thoughts, she's 17, she's Never been in trouble in her life, and she only had one wine cooler AT HOME, with her father there with her. I don't think it's such a big deal.

What do you think?

Your mum has issues

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 08:17 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VIDEODROME

It's just a freaking wine cooler sheesh.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 08:29 AM
VIDEODROME is currently offline Click here to Send VIDEODROME a Private Message Find more posts by VIDEODROME Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Whoa...who says drinking ruins peoples lives?

Drinking is cool, end of. cool

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 09:58 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Ever since I was a sophomore in highschool (16) my mother would allow me to drink at home whenever my brothers and/or father did. She kept an eye on me the whole time. Now that I'm 18, and in college, I have a grreater sense to stop and not go over board when I'm at a party. So, in my opinion, your sisters a little too paranoid.

But then again, I was never a trouble maker, and knew responsibility.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 10:05 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I lost my wallet because of drinking last night sad I think drinking is not cool....

Well actually it is, you just have to know your limits, I don't know them yet, but most people do thank god and most people can just stop drinking at some point, besides in most country's its legal to start drinking when your 16 or 18... Really drinking won't ruin her live, the drinking laws are stupid anyways.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:23 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

If that's all she's ever drank by age 17, consider yourselves lucky.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:43 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I don't see a problem, gee in Italy kids sometimes have a little wine with meals also........And in history with the Pilgrims everybody drank beer, cause it was safer than water, also in Europe, I believe to some extent.

Last edited by debbiejo on Feb 26th, 2006 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:47 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Originally posted by Fishy
I lost my wallet because of drinking last night sad I think drinking is not cool....

Well actually it is, you just have to know your limits, I don't know them yet, but most people do thank god and most people can just stop drinking at some point, besides in most country's its legal to start drinking when your 16 or 18... Really drinking won't ruin her live, the drinking laws are stupid anyways.

Good point Fishy, altho knowing your limits really helps stick out tongue

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:48 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Fire
Good point Fishy, altho knowing your limits really helps stick out tongue

Yeah... Losing stuff is not cool... I'm really confused about it to, because I still have my whats the word ATM card and money, just not the wallet itself.. I also forgot half the evening..

So morale of the story is, drinking is okay, as long as you don't drink to much and forget things.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:51 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

If I get really drunk (and I mean reeeally drunk to the point of not knowing where I am), I always find my way home.

There are two theories I have for this: -

1. I have a "beer compass", which activates when I'm bladdered and enables me to get home.

2. A magic "beer scooter" collects me and brings me home.

Either way, I get home, so who cares. Beer anyone? beer

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 05:05 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by mechmoggy
If I get really drunk (and I mean reeeally drunk to the point of not knowing where I am), I always find my way home.

There are two theories I have for this: -

1. I have a "beer compass", which activates when I'm bladdered and enables me to get home.

2. A magic "beer scooter" collects me and brings me home.

Either way, I get home, so who cares. Beer anyone? beer

I have the same thing, it took me two hours once... But I can still find my way home..

Just goes to show there is always a happy ending after a night of drinking, especially if you find your wallet again.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 05:55 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

If parents want to decrease the chances of their kids going out and drinking underage or hitting 18 and being free to go out and do it as much as they, want with or without consent, legally, then they SHOULD introduce their kids to alcohol around an earlier age.

I was allowed tastes of alcohol from an early age and always in a safe environment, more and more as I got older. By the time I hit 18, alcohol wasn't some new world. I didn't have any desire to go out and find out what it was like because I already knew. That's me though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:04 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

It's also still illegal at 18 over on our side of the world stick out tongue
Canada is 19, and the states are 21.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 07:05 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote