KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Stereotype

Stereotype
Started by: JacopeX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stereotype

What i cant stand is people who think and be stereotype. Its stupid that jus becuz one person in somethin, it means that everyone else like that person is that. Where the **** did you get the idea that Latinos/Mexicans/Hispanics smell bad and always drink? Asians are the best with math? Germans are Nazi's? Religious people woyuld belive anything ((meanin there dumb) ? Yo, why do people stereotype about a certain type of race/religion/people. It gets me so pissed when people act like this. I dont know but mostly americans are the most stereotypes. In the end, they think there the best and yes its like that in other countries but its said that stereotypes are mostly americans ((no i wuznt the one who said that)).

"Stereotypes are seen by many as undesirable beliefs which can be altered through education and/or familiarization. However, stereotypes need not be confined to negative characterizations about individuals or groups, and can thus have positive characterizations."

If you do stereotype people, why do you do it? Why do people stereotype each other if in the end, it might be false? And what is spreadin this.

I think we should stop this and just think of each other as normal people!

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Last edited by JacopeX on Feb 28th, 2006 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 10:16 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

Isnt it a stereotype that americans are stereotyped?

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 10:18 PM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Re: Stereotype

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JacopeX
If you do stereotype people, why do you do it? Why do people stereotype each other if in the end, it might be false? And what is spreadin this.

A better question might be, "why do people consciously act in stereotypical manners thereby fulfilling all prerequisites that lead them to be stereotyped"?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 10:45 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

We always hear about how stereotypes are bad. Yeh, yeh, I get where that's coming from. At the same time, different cultures are, well, different. If I said that Japanese people were generally polite but xenophobic, is that a stereotype? An accurate assessment of their culture? Or maybe it's both maybe stereotypes can be true, and we shouldn't always worry about getting rid of them.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 10:48 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

tell me, who likes the simpsons?

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 10:52 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Excuse me?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 10:54 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gregory
We always hear about how stereotypes are bad. Yeh, yeh, I get where that's coming from. At the same time, different cultures are, well, different. If I said that Japanese people were generally polite but xenophobic, is that a stereotype? An accurate assessment of their culture? Or maybe it's both maybe stereotypes can be true, and we shouldn't always worry about getting rid of them.
But the stereotypes that are insulting is wut should stop.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 10:57 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

What if an insulting stereotype is true?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 11:01 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Originally posted by Gregory
Excuse me?

Its simple... The reason people stereotype so much,

1) cause there is usally some truth
2) People don't wana admit to it, but they cause people to laugh... The simpsons is a prime example, every episode is filled with stereotypes.. Just think to any of the eps where they went on holiday.... Seeing these Stereotypes cause people to think about all the people they know who fit in to the stereotype, "lol look, homer meeting some gays, LOL! hes getting fashion tips from them, Roffle thats soo true..."

Does anyone like southpark????

By Barker

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 11:02 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Jacopex himself acts in a very stereotypical manner. It's funny that he should start this thread.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 11:07 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

yer... anyone below the age of 16 can't type without swearing or using horrible txt spk.... combined with a general lack of grammar and spelling

By Barker

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 11:10 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KharmaDog
Jacopex himself acts in a very stereotypical manner. It's funny that he should start this thread.

just curious as to which stereotype he's fulfilling.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 11:14 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by KharmaDog

Yes, ironic too

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 11:19 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

How am i stereotype??? confused

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 11:32 PM
furryman
honky

stereotyping is simply an easy method of categorising people's character traits, behaviour, appearance etc.
based on our past experience, and using this as an oversimplified prejudice if someone fits.

people that actively seek to imitate a stereotype probably just favour it's attributes and want to feel a sense of belonging to a certain group.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 12:02 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by furryman
people that actively seek to imitate a stereotype probably just favour it's attributes and want to feel a sense of belonging to a certain group.

Or lack the confidence, maturity or self respect to develop a personality all of their own.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 12:06 AM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by furryman
stereotyping is simply an easy method of categorising people's character traits, behaviour, appearance etc.
based on our past experience, and using this as an oversimplified prejudice if someone fits.

Most stereotypical comments have some tangible facts behind. No matter how prejudice

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 12:56 AM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

Re: Stereotype

Originally posted by JacopeX
Asians are the best with math?

I believe they are. Many, many Aisan excell with computers and math. It may have something to do with their genes.

I also believe that black people make the fastest runners, especially those from places like Jamaca. They are are alot faster than whites, maybe to do with their genes, too.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 01:00 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by Makedde
I believe they are. Many, many Aisan excell with computers and math. It may have something to do with their genes.

I also believe that black people make the fastest runners, especially those from places like Jamaca. They are are alot faster than whites, maybe to do with their genes, too.

Or maybe alot of practice

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 01:03 AM
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Or maybe alot of practice

No, I just believe it's what they are naturally good at. You can be a natural at art, but never have picked up a brush. People are just naturally gifted at these things.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 01:08 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote