KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » I think I should be offended.

I think I should be offended.
Started by: FeceMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think I should be offended.

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/003630.html

(please log in to view the image)
Well...that's an...interesting...way to strike back at the guy who made the Mohammed cartoon stuff.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 05:36 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

...no expression

They need better writers.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 06:00 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

no

first the Mohammed one and now this...

im not offended, but i dont see a REASON

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 06:00 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Why do you think you should be offended? Either you are or you aren't.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 06:19 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

laughing

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 07:34 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

theres a difference between a major paper and an Internet site...

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 07:59 AM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

The drawing is ugly, the story sucks and it was posted on an internet site...

and then there's the fact that this wasn't written by Muslims...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Last edited by Fishy on Mar 10th, 2006 at 09:53 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 09:48 AM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

wow, it's antisemitic, and slanders one of my favorite cute animals.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 09:49 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
wow, it's antisemitic, and slanders one of my favorite cute animals.

You think pigs are cute??

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 09:53 AM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I love piggies, i want a piggy as a pet. It's why i stopped eating pork (which is the only part of kosher laws i follow)

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 09:54 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Darth Jello
I love piggies, i want a piggy as a pet. It's why i stopped eating pork (which is the only part of kosher laws i follow)

You should talk to a friend of mine, he's dating one.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 10:00 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

ew

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 10:04 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fishy
The drawing is ugly, the story sucks and it was posted on an internet site...

and then there's the fact that this wasn't written by Muslims...

Kek. I KNOW. But it would be funny if it was posted in a newspaper.
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Why do you think you should be offended? Either you are or you aren't.

I think I should be offended, but I'm quite neutral.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 06:58 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

If you are offended. theres a good solution...choose not to be. simple really.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 06:59 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am not offended. Were I raised to be a religous fanatic who believed that my only purpose for existing is to promote my religion and all the social inequities that go along with that religion, then I would be rioting in the milk and honey paved streets of the promised.

It should be noted that those comments are an indictment of both Islam and Christianity and Judaism.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 07:03 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

What a shitty cartoon. I'm offended at how stupid it is.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 02:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by FeceMan
I think I should be offended, but I'm quite neutral.

Why have you posted the same thing again? I asked why you think you should be offended...

If you think you should be offended because of the reaction by Muslims to the comics depciting Mohammed, then you are merely reciprocating behaviour, which leads to nowhere. If you think you should be offended because they show Jesus giving head to a pig with a hat on, then you must be a Christian, so why did you actively seek out material that would offend you?

I'm disregarding the "I'm quite neutral" part because it means you have nothing to say, which is in conflict with the actions of someone who starts a thread with a comic of Jesus and a pig 'having relations'.

Then again, perhaps you really do have nothing to say, so you post a thread like this in the assumption it's saying something...

It's not.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 02:04 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Why have you posted the same thing again? I asked why you think you should be offended...

If you think you should be offended because of the reaction by Muslims to the comics depciting Mohammed, then you are merely reciprocating behaviour, which leads to nowhere. If you think you should be offended because they show Jesus giving head to a pig with a hat on, then you must be a Christian, so why did you actively seek out material that would offend you?

I'm disregarding the "I'm quite neutral" part because it means you have nothing to say, which is in conflict with the actions of someone who starts a thread with a comic of Jesus and a pig 'having relations'.

Then again, perhaps you really do have nothing to say, so you post a thread like this in the assumption it's saying something...

It's not.

The reason I think I should be offended is that it's such a disgusting slam on my faith. I am, however, not offended, which is somewhat confusing. I'm trying to figure out if this outrage I think I should be feeling is similar in nature to the outrage that many Muslims felt at the depiction of Mohammed.

It would seem that there would be a vast difference in the offensive nature of the posts; Jesus performing oral sex is quite repugnant. Though perhaps I'm unable to understand the zeal with which some Muslims defend their faith.
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I am not offended. Were I raised to be a religous fanatic who believed that my only purpose for existing is to promote my religion and all the social inequities that go along with that religion, then I would be rioting in the milk and honey paved streets of the promised.

It should be noted that those comments are an indictment of both Islam and Christianity and Judaism.

It is clearly a logical step to go from being offended to rioting in the streets.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 06:11 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

The reason I think I should be offended is that it's such a disgusting slam on my faith. I am, however, not offended, which is somewhat confusing. I'm trying to figure out if this outrage I think I should be feeling is similar in nature to the outrage that many Muslims felt at the depiction of Mohammed.

You're not making much sense. How can you acknowledge it as 'a disgusting slam on (your) faith', yet say you are not offended? The latter obviously contradicts the former.

It is clearly a logical step to go from being offended to rioting in the streets.

Oh, yes. Clearly.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 10:38 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

I gotta point out that promoting judaism, forcing jewish values, especially through proscelitizing etc. is forbidden in judaism

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 08:06 PM