KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » -=- The Battle of 1812 -=-

-=- The Battle of 1812 -=-
Started by: Koala MeatPie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

-=- The Battle of 1812 -=-

So while the Americans where trying to fight The Canadians Going Upstream, (Provitions comming downstream to supply the Canadian Troops) The Americans foolishly lost.

So The Canadians (Well, to be truthfull, A Pack of Farmers armed with PitchForks) Went down to Washington.

And Burnt The WhiteHouse down.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 11:45 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

I thought the British did this. And it was a war. The War of 1812

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 11:50 PM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I never found this war very interesting, personally.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 11:55 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Janus Marius
I never found this war very interesting, personally.

British came; British Burned; British lost; British left. War Over.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 11:59 PM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

There was one also in Europe, But that was against Napoleon.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:02 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

They took Detroit and I think Mackinac. That was fairly interesting, but only if you've been to the museum at Fort Mackinac, which is a great place.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:02 AM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes it really is funny how most Americans smehow forget to mention the white house burning amonst there speaches about how well America kicks ass in wars.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:13 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Blaxican_Hydra
Yes it really is funny how most Americans smehow forget to mention the white house burning amonst there speaches about how well America kicks ass in wars.

And do other countries talk about their defeats while public figures speak of "kicking ass"?

Nope. Didn't think so. happy

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:17 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually some do. And hell we talk about 'nam all the time, although Vietnam was probably a lot more chaotic, hence its popularity.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:20 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I saw a travel guide to Germany from 1991 today. They spent exactly two sentences discussing WWI and WWII in context with the history of the country. No Hitler, no nothing.

What country wants to relive shame?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:23 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Janus Marius
I saw a travel guide to Germany from 1991 today. They spent exactly two sentences discussing WWI and WWII in context with the history of the country. No Hitler, no nothing.

What country wants to relive shame?

Reminds me of an episode of Family Guy.

"Excuse me, sir, your pamphlet of Germany explains nothing about what happened from 1933 to 1945."

"Ve vere all on vacation!!"

Political satire at its best. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:27 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Definately.

Btw, has anyone here had the chance to see or visit Fort Mackinac? I know it's a long shot with a good deal of you being from out of country, but if you ever have the chance to go, GO. It's one of the most authentic and preserved historical military sites in the American midwest.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:29 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I don't know why everyone thinks it was the CANDIANS who "kicked the American's ass." Sure some militia fought along the soldiers, but that was about the highlight of it. It was the British who fought them off, the British who burned Washington, and the Bristish who lost at New Orleans, and the British who signed the Ghent.

Canada didn't even exist back then. Except for the World Wars, we've always sucked militarily.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 01:48 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The War of 1812 doesn't interest me, really. It's like the British trying to rewrite the Revolution, when you look at it. And we won, anyways.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 05:53 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX
The War of 1812 doesn't interest me, really. It's like the British trying to rewrite the Revolution, when you look at it. And we won, anyways.

YEah, we're pretty kick ass wink

Except for this whole "Iraq" yhing. I hoenstly thing the terrorist are using cheat codes big grin

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 11:15 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Tangible God
I don't know why everyone thinks it was the CANDIANS who "kicked the American's ass." Sure some militia fought along the soldiers, but that was about the highlight of it. It was the British who fought them off, the British who burned Washington, and the Bristish who lost at New Orleans, and the British who signed the Ghent.

Canada didn't even exist back then. Except for the World Wars, we've always sucked militarily.

thumb up

The British are the ones that smacked us... we just smacked back harder. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 12:12 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fatal Smoke
I thought the British did this. And it was a war. The War of 1812

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 05:27 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whoa whoa whoa, guys, excluding Canada from this is a big error. This was an important part of forming Canada as a nation.

One of my favourite lines from the great show 'Due South' was when Benton is teaching some Us schookids on US/Canada history and finishes with a line about how these two great nations have always lived in peace...

"...except in 1812, where you tried to invade us and we sent you packing."

Very true. But it was the Brits who torched the White House.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 26th, 2006 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 05:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Whoa whoa whoa, guys, excluding Canada from this is a big error. This was an important part of forming Canada as a nation.

One of my favourite lines from the great show 'Due South' was when Benton is teaching some Us schookids on US/Canada history and finishes with a line about how these two great nations have always lived in peace...

"...except in 1812, where you tried to invade us and we sent you packing."

Very true. But it was the Brits who torched the White House.

I love that show!

Originally posted by H. S. 6
thumb up

The British are the ones that smacked us... we just smacked back harder. stick out tongue

Americans........no grace....

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 09:25 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

meh, we're the pimps of the earth, for now.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 10:38 PM