KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Celts

The Celts
Started by: lord xyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Celts

To me the Celts were brilliant people and shouldn't of died out. For those who don't know, Celts were people all over Europe but the last few were in Britain, mainly because of Romans, Saxons and Christianity.

What is a celt/druid?

Holidays

...and any more information and discussion you can talk about.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 01:52 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

making a thread about one civilization/culture is a bit weird, but ok!

Celts have always facinated many people, probably because every feels atleast partly related.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 05:49 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

In a sense, a lot of people are. Especially in the U.S. Hell, half of the U.S. can claim Germanic ancestry, and an equally good portion has Irish blood. And Celtic roots in a lot of things stays with us, probably because in the Middle Ages learning was preserved in monasteries in Ireland while the rest of Europe fell into darkness.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 07:00 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I guess I'm a little Celtish.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 03:51 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I'm not Celtic. A lot of people I know are Celtic or Celtophiles. It's almost fadish.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 04:47 AM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What are you?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 05:26 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

German and British.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 02:53 PM
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Janus Marius
German and British.

Sweet, I am only German.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 03:15 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm British, but there's bound to be some other type in me too.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 06:28 PM
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Meh, my mother was Welsh and my father was English, or to be more precise, Cornish.

Old Post May 1st, 2006 10:03 AM
Swirly Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Celtic history is interesting. The Celtic church of Ireland was supposedly already christian when the Catholic church decided to convert them..........oh, btw, I'm not Celtic.....Just Italian, German, and Native American....oh and a little French....

Old Post May 1st, 2006 03:19 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Re: The Celts

Originally posted by lord xyz
To me the Celts were brilliant people and shouldn't of died out.

See "Darwinian World" wink

Even if in this case it isn't a species but a culture the rule still applys, sort of.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:58 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

The 1st evidence of Celtic/Galic life is actually in Germany. Watched a 2 hour programme on the Celts, that's about all I can remember.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:02 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

They were a sub-division of the Germanic and Gaul tribes right?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:52 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

They Celts were the Gauls, The Roman's called them Gaul, the Greek's called them Celts.

Well according to the I watched anyway.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 09:00 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by §P0oONY
They Celts were the Gauls, The Roman's called them Gaul, the Greek's called them Celts.

Well according to the I watched anyway.

Really? Hm, I never knew that.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 09:12 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I did. But of course, after Caesar conquered Gaul, it ceased to have a predominately Celtic culture.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 10:23 PM
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Janus Marius
I did. But of course, after Caesar conquered Gaul, it ceased to have a predominately Celtic culture.

lol, obviously. stick out tongue

Old Post May 4th, 2006 10:41 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, I mean more than usual. Rome did move into Britain and other portions of Europe, but those places maintained some measure of cultural history and tradition. Gaul really didn't.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 10:54 PM
§P0oONY

Rome moved into Britain but they never really conquered it, hence it maintained most of it's pagan ways, although it was effected greatly by the Roman's most of it's heritage probably stems from a more Saxon background.

Last edited by §P0oONY on May 4th, 2006 at 11:32 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2006 11:30 PM