KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Curing Homosexuality...with a tennis racket and hugs from men

Curing Homosexuality...with a tennis racket and hugs from men
Started by: PVS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Laugh Curing Homosexuality...with a tennis racket and hugs from men

just copy and paste this link to your browser (clicking the link doesnt seem to work).

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/PZ-cohen.mov

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:03 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Richard Cohen, now married with three kids, is a leader in the so-called reparative therapy movement. With just more than 1,000 members it is not a particularly big movement, but because it's so controversial and despised within the gay community it tends to get a lot of attention.

...FEYERICK (voice-over): Cohen, who had several boyfriends, spent years in various kinds of therapy searching for answers. It wasn't until he remembered being sexually abused by a man when he was a child that what he calls his convergence process began,

COHEN: I knew it wasn't for me. I knew it in my gut I wasn't born this way.

FEYERICK: Cohen is an unlicensed therapist. He offers the theory that some kind of childhood trauma triggers homosexuality. All it takes is figuring out what it is, healing from it and moving on. One of his clients is a 42 year old program analyst who we'll call Rob. Because it is such a sensitive subject, he asked us to shield his identity.

He began seeing Cohen three years ago after years of struggling with unwanted homosexual feelings.

"ROB", CONVERSION THERAPY CLIENT: I had a mother that basically committed emotional incest with me because they had a very bad marriage. She used me as her husband, a stand-in.

FEYERICK: Cohen explains Rob's same-sex attraction is typical of the men he treats. Cold, distant dad, overbearing mom and overly sensitive kid. He showed us some of his unconventional techniques like touch therapy, in which he encouraging Rob to seek out same-sex mentors to basically re-create a healthy father-son bond.

He sits upright on a sofa, his client sprawls lengthwise for a close chest-to-chest embrace. The reporter does a sanity-check, asking the client if he feels aroused. Nope, just safe.

Cohen, saying that another key technique is designed to release memories embedded deeply in one's muscles, raises a tennis racquet above his head and bashes a pillow once for each word he screams at his mother."

http://www.pamspaulding.com/weblog/...ay-therapy.html

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:30 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

laughing out loud

This isn't a serious discussion is it????......Cause if it is, then I feel really bad for laughing....

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:34 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

watch the video. its taken directly from cnn.
now, this group has a following of under 1000.
so then the question: wtf is this doing on cnn???

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:35 PM
KidRock

homosexuality is a problem.

I have a problem solver and its name is revolver.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:48 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KidRock

you call your's 'revolver'? i call mine 'captain winkey'.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:50 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by KidRock

Ignorance is a larger problem.

Blindness is another.

And Hatred is the largest problem of all.

I won't even bother asking you why you think homosexuality is a problem, you'd most likely give me some idiotic answer like most of you homophobes do.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 07:53 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyway, although the topic of 'curing homosexuality' frightens me...i cracked up when the guy was wacking a pillow with his tennis racket and blaming his 'problem' on mommy.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 08:20 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Re: Curing Homosexuality...with a tennis racket and hugs from men

Originally posted by PVS
just copy and paste this link to your browser (clicking the link doesnt seem to work).

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/PZ-cohen.mov

aahahaha laughing

What a headcase. I think he's beyond any kind of help at this point.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 08:26 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe this guy was on Penn and Tellers Bullsh*t. They totally smashed his claims.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 08:58 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I believe this guy was on Penn and Tellers Bullsh*t. They totally smashed his claims.

have you tried it though? maybe if you abuse a pillow with a tennis racket and yell at your mom, you'll suddenly be heterosexual.

but...what if i beat a tennis racket with a pillow and yell at my dad? will i turn gay?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 09:37 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PVS
have you tried it though? maybe if you abuse a pillow with a tennis racket and yell at your mom, you'll suddenly be heterosexual.

but...what if i beat a tennis racket with a pillow and yell at my dad? will i turn gay?

If you wanna be gay, try hugging your tennis racket

I'll try this when I get home. I don't have my tennis racket here, I left it in NC, but I have a frying pan. Do you think that would work?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 09:40 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
If you wanna be gay, try hugging your tennis racket

I'll try this when I get home. I don't have my tennis racket here, I left it in NC, but I have a frying pan. Do you think that would work?

i dont know...but if it does work, let me know. then we can go out cruisin for chicks.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 09:40 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PVS
i dont know, but if it does let me know. then we can go out cruisin for chicks.

It's a date, er...or a ...hummm? a what ever those are called.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 09:42 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

laughing

Oh, humour...

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 11:42 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

I doubt that man's straight. laughing I bet he's having an affair with some guy.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 12:54 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

whistle

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 01:13 AM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mangina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PVS
"Richard Cohen, now married with three kids, is a leader in the so-called reparative therapy movement. With just more than 1,000 members it is not a particularly big movement, but because it's so controversial and despised within the gay community it tends to get a lot of attention.

...FEYERICK (voice-over): Cohen, who had several boyfriends, spent years in various kinds of therapy searching for answers. It wasn't until he remembered being sexually abused by a man when he was a child that what he calls his convergence process began,

COHEN: I knew it wasn't for me. I knew it in my gut I wasn't born this way.

FEYERICK: Cohen is an unlicensed therapist. He offers the theory that some kind of childhood trauma triggers homosexuality. All it takes is figuring out what it is, healing from it and moving on. One of his clients is a 42 year old program analyst who we'll call Rob. Because it is such a sensitive subject, he asked us to shield his identity.

He began seeing Cohen three years ago after years of struggling with unwanted homosexual feelings.

"ROB", CONVERSION THERAPY CLIENT: I had a mother that basically committed emotional incest with me because they had a very bad marriage. She used me as her husband, a stand-in.

FEYERICK: Cohen explains Rob's same-sex attraction is typical of the men he treats. Cold, distant dad, overbearing mom and overly sensitive kid. He showed us some of his unconventional techniques like touch therapy, in which he encouraging Rob to seek out same-sex mentors to basically re-create a healthy father-son bond.

He sits upright on a sofa, his client sprawls lengthwise for a close chest-to-chest embrace. The reporter does a sanity-check, asking the client if he feels aroused. Nope, just safe.

Cohen, saying that another key technique is designed to release memories embedded deeply in one's muscles, raises a tennis racquet above his head and bashes a pillow once for each word he screams at his mother."

laughing

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 02:24 AM
Mangina is currently offline Click here to Send Mangina a Private Message Find more posts by Mangina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by sithsaber408
whistle

so you tried it? how did it go?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 03:24 AM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mangina
laughing

get lost whob *reported/groupthinked/etc*

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 04:16 AM