KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Manchester Commonwealth Games

Manchester Commonwealth Games
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

Manchester Commonwealth Games

Did you guys catch the opening ceremony last night?

The games are a really big event for Manchester, and we're all hyped up around here (as you can probably tell from my sig wink)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 06:33 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

commenwealth? so rugby?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 06:34 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

huh? you mean you don't even know whats its about?

You belgian fool, its the equivalent to the Olympics, with fewer countries so we've got a better chance to win big grin

Actually come to think of it, virtually everyone is playing apart from USA, China and Russia.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 06:39 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

embarrasment
sorry, never heared of it...should follow your link to see if any waffles are going...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 06:42 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Now, where is Kiwi Leia? The Commonwealth is crimianlly under-represented around here...

Err... why rugby, yerss?

I was watching the diving the other day. That is still an event that makes almost no sense at all to the casual viewer. They all looked damn good, whether they were scored at 60 or 90.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 07:06 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, thought with commenwealth it was eather cricket or rugby for me...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 07:10 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

not entirely sure what it is

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 07:15 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

When was the last time you saw the Canadians playing cricket or rugby, yerss?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 07:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

3 years ago, when I was in Canada actually... thought it was funny, but fell asleep

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 07:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Saw them playing it SERIOUSLY then...

(Canadian cricket- pshaw!)

BtVS

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 07:30 PM
yerssot

rugby, not cricket...and never

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 07:32 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm... Canadian Rugby... weird. Can't be much good at it.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 07:34 PM
Corran
Lucifer

The new John Smiths Advert with the diving in is really funny.
Raz, didn't realise you hail from the Manchester area, where about are you from? and did you manage to get any tickets for any of the events?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2002 09:45 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Actually come to think of it, virtually everyone is playing apart from USA, China and Russia.
NO hardly any european countries are in it except for you Islanders

Old Post Jul 27th, 2002 09:48 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, Raz DID said this would give them more chance to actually win things from time to time big grin

Old Post Jul 27th, 2002 09:50 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Yeah, I like the football one where all those blokes are playing "keepy-upy" and when it goes to that fat bloke he boots it over the fence and says, "Ave it!". Always makes me giggle.

Can't say I'm too excited about the games yet. I've had sport overdose this year so far with the world cup and then the golf the other weekend at Muirfield. No doubt I'll get into the games over the coming week though with all the coverage its gonna get.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2002 09:52 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Just tried to book some tickets and the only ones that are left are hockey ones and the final ceromony.

I'm going to try to get to the final but its not going to come cheap! A cool £100 (~$150) for the cheapest seats going up to £160 (~$250) for the best. eek!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2002 11:59 PM
finti

oh bugger that was expensive, any doping revelations yet?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2002 07:34 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Woohoo! Finally got my tickets! big grin

I'll let you guys know what it was like - plus I'll try to post some pics cool

Old Post Jul 29th, 2002 03:34 PM
Corran
Lucifer

When is the final? and how much did you pay for the tickets in the end?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2002 03:54 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote