KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » psychology

psychology
Started by: debbiejo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

psychology

Who here has studied psychology, and would want to talk about some aspects of it?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 05:49 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I have take a course or two........I wouldn't say I've studied it though, wasn't my major.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 05:53 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

don't need IMO to take it in school...............that is only for a degree.........

I have studied it for over probably 15 years as a hobby just as other subjects that I thought were of interest...........though thinking of going to Unvi. this fall and would like to talk about categories...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:01 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well, I want to go back to school, and have always been told this is where I should be...................soooooooo................would like to know the pros and cons about it.............I already know about the high suicide rate.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:49 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i majored in it for 5 years. i loved neuroscience, especially its cogitive applications. i liked that area better than the diagnostic areas or clinical areas because there was/is still so much . . . 'inexactness' in those areas. even today much of clinical psych is viewed as a pseudo-science, though it is tending more toward pharacology than medicine . . .

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:11 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I took a one year elective in school to which I didn't pay the slightest bit of attention...I'd consider myself an expert.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:14 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Re: psychology

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
Who here has studied psychology, and would want to talk about some aspects of it?

(please log in to view the image)

I took Psych 1 and 2 in HS..what would you like to discuss? I dont remember anything except analyzing dreams and...ummm..some other stuff. Just need something to spark my memory.

Last edited by KidRock on Aug 13th, 2006 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:56 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Taking it right now in High School.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 02:25 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Studied it as a passing fancy.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 02:43 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

I've always found psychology extremely interesting, and psychiatry even more so, but I haven't had the opprotunity to take any classes in it.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 03:25 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Majoring in Psychology is an expensive self-help sessionsmile

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 04:26 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Dont talk about psychiatry around tom cruise..because really..you just dont know the facts, you havent studied them like tom cruise has.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 04:37 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Worked my way through Post-Doc work, and currently have been working in the field.

I am Skinnarian, if that doesn't scare you then I'm fine talking about it.

My area of emphasis was organization behavior management split with autism. My strengths were behavior analysis, research methodology, physiological/neurological psychology, neurophysiology, history of psych, and statistics (All of which I scored in the 95th percentile or higher in my school's testing in comparison with all graduates in the field at that school.) I followed a fairly clean slope from concrete psychology to the more inferential and abstract schools of thought. My worst area of psychology is personality theory, since I believe the entire area is crap. I abhor the cognitive, due to its total inferential basis, and so my knowledge is less than perfect there.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:08 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Psychiatry is the drug pusher area of psychology. wink

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:09 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Re: Re: psychology

Originally posted by Regret
Worked my way through Post-Doc work, and currently have been working in the field.

I am Skinnarian, if that doesn't scare you then I'm fine talking about it.

My area of emphasis was organization behavior management split with autism. My strengths were behavior analysis, research methodology, physiological/neurological psychology, neurophysiology, history of psych, and statistics (All of which I scored in the 95th percentile or higher in my school's testing in comparison with all graduates in the field at that school.) I followed a fairly clean slope from concrete psychology to the more inferential and abstract schools of thought. My worst area of psychology is personality theory, since I believe the entire area is crap. I abhor the cognitive, due to its total inferential basis, and so my knowledge is less than perfect there.

I think Debbie just wanted to talk about starsigns...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 06:17 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Re: Re: Re: psychology

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I think Debbie just wanted to talk about starsigns...

All the same, Debbiejo, if you want to discuss it PM me

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 10:22 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

Psychiatry is the drug pusher area of psychology. wink

Aren't psychiatrist also real doctors? Like they have an M.D. and the end of their name and went to med school, and psychologists only have a Ph.d.? Something like that... erm

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 10:53 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

All the same, Debbiejo, if you want to discuss it PM me

...you are joking, right?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 10:54 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomsday49
Restricted

Account Restricted

does anybody here know anything about the maslow heiarchy of need?

my life rap isn't for the weak or feeble/ my youth was no sunshine the grind'll eat you/ they say learn from the past history can teach you/ but if i live backward all i see is evil.....Doomsday biatch!!!!!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 11:07 PM
doomsday49 is currently offline Click here to Send doomsday49 a Private Message Find more posts by doomsday49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomsday49
Restricted

Account Restricted

By the way i'm going for behavior psychology.

my life rap isn't for the weak or feeble/ my youth was no sunshine the grind'll eat you/ they say learn from the past history can teach you/ but if i live backward all i see is evil.....Doomsday biatch!!!!!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 11:07 PM
doomsday49 is currently offline Click here to Send doomsday49 a Private Message Find more posts by doomsday49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote