KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » James Brown and Gerald Ford die.

James Brown and Gerald Ford die.
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Former President Gerald Ford dies

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:10 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

James Brown and Gerald Ford die.

On Christmas Day, James Brown, the Godfather of Soul and the "Hardest Working Man in Show Business" died of heart failure at 1:45 am of heart failure after being admitted to the hospital for an extreme case of pneumonia. He was 73

Also, today, Gerald Ford, the 38th President of the United States, died, probably of heart problems as well. He was fitted with a pacemaker in August and had an angioplasty in October. He passed at around 10 to midnight and was 93

Last edited by Strangelove on Dec 27th, 2006 at 05:13 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:10 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Sucky coupla days...
All the innovators are dying...
Ray Charles, James Brown. Kinda sad...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:11 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

OK, they're dead...So now what? Is there really anything to discuss?

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:13 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
OK, they're dead...So now what? Is there really anything to discuss?
Well, the General Discussion Forum is pretty much used to post current events, what's to complain about?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:14 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Re: James Brown and Gerald Ford die.

Originally posted by Strangelove
On Christmas Day, James Brown, the Godfather of Soul and the "Hardest Working Man in Show Business" died of heart failure at 1:45 am of heart failure after being admitted to the hospital for an extreme case of pneumonia. He was 73

Also, today, Gerald Ford, the 38th President of the United States, died, probably of heart problems as well. He was fitted with a pacemaker in August and had an angioplasty in October. He passed at around 10 to midnight and was 93

I know; it's surreal and sad. But not all that surprising, as they were both pretty damn old.

"I'm a Ford, not a Lincoln." - Gerald Ford.

^ One of my all-time favorite presidential quotes.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:16 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I know; it's surreal and sad. But not all that surprising, as they were both pretty damn old.

"I'm a Ford, not a Lincoln." - Gerald Ford.

^ One of my all-time favorite presidential quotes.
given what an energetic performer James Brown was (he performed at my college just a couple months ago), it's a wonder he didn't die sooner.

I never had much repsect for Ford, he's the only President who was never actually elected to the office

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:18 AM
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

besides bush

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:25 AM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

I never had much repsect for Ford, he's the only President who was never actually elected to the office

That's the only reason you don't respect him?

edit: As in big deal, he wasn't bad.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:25 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That's the only reason you don't respect him?

edit: As in big deal, he wasn't bad.
not the only reason, I don't know enough about the job he did to make a judgment, but it's hard to respect someone who the people never chose.
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
besides bush
eh, it just proves that a little more than half the country are morons (half of which were probably lifelong Republicans and didn't even try to make an educated decision)

But lets get back to the issue that two prominent people in Americana are dead

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:30 AM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

93, man that's a good run in life.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:31 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Sad just sad.

R.I.P. Godfather of soul...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:57 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Condolences....

yeah, i dunno who the heck they are, but, still....

R.I.P

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:58 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

So a wife-beating drug-addict and one of the most nondescript president in modern history both died.

That's ... a shame? I guess?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:01 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Well, the General Discussion Forum is pretty much used to post current events, what's to complain about?

Ain't comlpainin' jus' interested in knowin' wha' you feel dere is to discuss.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:11 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

Peter Boyle died a little while ago too

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:11 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sad to hear, I hope the do a nice tirbute to Brown at the AMA's and grammy's this year.

Eclipso's Sigs My Script Sig Duels W:2 L:0

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:12 AM
Eclipso is currently offline Click here to Send Eclipso a Private Message Find more posts by Eclipso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ain't comlpainin' jus' interested in knowin' wha' you feel dere is to discuss.
there isn't really anything to discuss. Much like there's not much to discuss when any person gets a thread after they die, but they get posted any way
Originally posted by Gregory
So a wife-beating drug-addict and one of the most nondescript president in modern history both died.

That's ... a shame? I guess?
eh, just reporting that they died, that's all

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:32 AM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

sad

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:39 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

there isn't really anything to discuss. Much like there's not much to discuss when any person gets a thread after they die, but they get posted any way eh, just reporting that they died, that's all

The Music Forum already has a James Brown thread.

I always find, though, any thread where you could realistically answer 'Oh, really', to be annoying.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 02:51 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote