KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Al Franken for U.S. Senate?

Al Franken for U.S. Senate?
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Question Al Franken for U.S. Senate?

Comedian, author, political satirist and 'SNL' vet Al Franken has long been considering a Senate bid in 2008 against Norm Coleman, who won the seat in 2002 after a personal friend of Franken, Sen. Paul Wellstone, died in a plane crash.

This article in the St. Paul Pioneer Press suggests that he's serious about running. However, The Washington Post's political blog has continued to suggest that Franken is too polarizing a figure to win a statewide race.

What do you think?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 03:37 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Al Franken is the left wing Bill O'Reilly

Nothing but blant and stupid opinions

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 05:20 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grimm22
Al Franken is the left wing Bill O'Reilly

Nothing but blant and stupid opinions
Incorrect. Unlike Bil O'Reilly, Al Franken is intelligent.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:20 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Strangelove
Incorrect. Unlike Bil O'Reilly, Al Franken is intelligent.

This is what you said about Bill O'Reilly when I told you that he was joking...

I don't know with him.

This makes you look like a hypocrite

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:26 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
This is what you said about Bill O'Reilly when I told you that he was joking...

This makes you look like a hypocrite
I said that I couldn't tell if he was joking or not when he went into a tirade about the possibility that Stephen Colbert might be French. That doesn't mean I don't know anything about him

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:28 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I said that I couldn't tell if he was joking or not when he went into a tirade about the possibility that Stephen Colbert might be French. That doesn't mean I don't know anything about him

OK, thank you for clarifying that. Your other statement was too vague.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:38 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Well, I've yet to hear anything other than an an uninformed opinion...anyone else want to try?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 08:24 PM
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

Al Franken is nothing more than the left wing O'Reilly, like what was said before. Liberal nuts run around him just like conservative freaks love O'Reilly. God I hope he never becomes a senator.

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 02:25 AM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Kinneary
Al Franken is nothing more than the left wing O'Reilly, like what was said before. Liberal nuts run around him just like conservative freaks love O'Reilly. God I hope he never becomes a senator.
Well, I've yet to hear anything other than an an uninformed opinion...anyone else want to try?
make that two uninformed opinions

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 02:44 AM
reggie_jax
Restricted

Account Restricted

edited

Last edited by BackFire on Jan 22nd, 2007 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 02:52 AM
reggie_jax is currently offline Click here to Send reggie_jax a Private Message Find more posts by reggie_jax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

make that two uninformed opinions

http://www.lyingliar.com/index.htm

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 07:04 AM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Kinneary
http://www.lyingliar.com/index.htm
not his official webpage. It's bullshit. He's official website is alfranken.com, funnily enough

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 08:42 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Seriously. Al Franken is not the 'liberal Bill O'Reilly' and anyone else who says that I will assume he/she does not pay any attention to politics.

Al Franken is a comedian. He is a self-described liberal. He is critical of the Bush Administration. Because he is a comedian, he is playful when he criticizes the Administration. And somehow people think this gives them the right to call him the liberal's Bill O'Reilly, which is completely false.

Why it is assumed that Franken is 'too polarizing a figure' to win a statewide election in a pretty true-blue state baffles me. He has good ideas, stands on the right side of the issues from my standpoint, and I believe he'd make a great Senator. It's only too bad that I don't live in Minnesota to vote for him.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 09:08 AM
Quiero Mota

Seriously. Al Franken is not the 'liberal Bill O'Reilly' and anyone else who says that I will assume he/she does not pay any attention to politics.

Which itself is a flawed comparison, because O'Reilly is moderate. He even says so himself. Only far-left hippies would call him a right-wing extremist.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 11:07 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Which itself is a flawed comparison, because O'Reilly is moderate. He even says so himself. Only far-left hippies would call him a right-wing extremist.
Then grow my hair and call me a hippie smokin'

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 11:09 AM
Quiero Mota

Then grow my hair and call me a hippie smokin'

He leans a bit to the right, but he's no Coulter or Limbaugh.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 11:11 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
He leans a bit to the right, but he's no Coulter or Limbaugh.
Leans? Do you watch his show? While he may not be as hyperconservative as Coulter or Limbaugh, he can only be accused of leaning to the right when watched from the perspective of Coulter or Limbaugh.

More important than that, however, is his complete lack of journalistic integrity or intellectual honesty.

The point I'm making, however, is that Al Franken is not the 'liberal's Bill O'Reilly' It's absoultely false.

Back on topic.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 11:20 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

He has officially announced his candidacy!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 02:22 AM
Kram3r

He has officially announced his candidacy!

Good to hear that O'Reilly Franken is running.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 03:02 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Why I oughta....

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 03:22 AM