KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Organic Vs Chemical Fertilisers.

Organic Vs Chemical Fertilisers.
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
§P0oONY

Organic Vs Chemical Fertilisers.

Discuss the Pros and Cons of each type, come to the conclusion on which is best... Not just for the consumer but all aspects, the enviroment, the farmer. Everyone.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 05:25 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

I prefer fresh cow and pig poop spread over crops rather then any nitrogen enriched pellet they (big business) manufacture!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 05:27 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

When I don't have access to any laxitives for my livestock like Sol does, I prefer Scott's. It does a good enough job for someone like me who doesn't have to have the best lawn on the block but also doesn't want to be dead last.

Because I am a consumer and nothing more, I have no expertise (a.k.a. no valid opinion) on matters such as the environment, the farmer, etc.... If you think about it, that kind of rationale could expand to a much broader scale of topics other than fertilizer.

Last edited by botankus on Jan 29th, 2007 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 06:10 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I prefer Organics better. However, I don't really consume much organic products as before. Organic will always be more money. So, if you're under budget...well, it ain't cheap for the consumer.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 06:15 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

quote: (post)
Originally posted by botankus
When I don't have access to any laxitives for my livestock like Sol does, I prefer Scott's. It does a good enough job for someone like me who doesn't have to have the best lawn on the block but also doesn't want to be dead last.

Because I am a consumer and nothing more, I have no expertise (a.k.a. no valid opinion) on matters such as the environment, the farmer, etc.... If you think about it, that kind of rationale could expand to a much broader scale of topics other than fertilizer.

Rural MO doesn't need laxatives damn cows everywhere, we have cow crossing signs on the damn raods instead of deer.

However shopping at the farmers market and getting foods not produced and purchased on the shelfs of traditional grocery stores the quality is much higher at the farmer's market, they do tend to use alot of "organics."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 06:23 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

We got lots of organic fertilizer............. a friend of a family has a big chicken farm, so every now and then we get a few bags of chicken manure. Each tree got a bag by its roots, so over time it seeps outta the bag and into the ground. I think it works too well, the grapefruit and tangerine trees actually bend due to the sheer amount of fruit on them.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 08:07 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Chemical for the win.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 08:08 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

Chemicals do work better sometimes , and are easier to obtain in most places, so i guess it would win in that case.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 08:11 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Re: Organic Vs Chemical Fertilisers.

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Discuss the Pros and Cons of each type, come to the conclusion on which is best... Not just for the consumer but all aspects, the enviroment, the farmer. Everyone.

If you prefer organics, then obviously natural. But chem yields faster results.

Then again, who really cares if your lawn is organic or not? You look at lawns, you don't eat them.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 08:15 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

My favorite part about all this is that both fertilizers are just a compliation of chemicals, some of which are organic chemicals.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 08:57 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

its all crap to me *rimshot*

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 09:01 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Organic = good.

I eat organic, see what's it's done for me?? big grin

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 02:53 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by debbiejo
Organic = good.

I eat organic, see what's it's done for me?? big grin

Uh you smoke and drink though! eek!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 02:59 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Only a two of my personalities do, the others quite...They read a book. smart

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 03:03 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Re: Organic Vs Chemical Fertilisers.

Originally posted by §P0oONY

This sounds like a homework assignment? Just curious. no expression

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 04:06 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by ~JP~
This sounds like a homework assignment? Just curious. no expression

Not at all.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:07 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote