KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What would happen if the Republicans where to steel the 2008 election?

What would happen if the Republicans where to steel the 2008 election?
Started by: Shakyamunison

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Question What would happen if the Republicans where to steel the 2008 election?

Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if the Republicans where to steel the 2008 election? Let’s say it was like 2000, and there were people who clamed voter fraud and the Supreme Court have to pick a winner, and they picked a Republicans. Would there be demonstrations, or riots, or would there be piece and quiet?

I’m just curious to see what you think.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 07:14 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Steal.

And no clue, people would just say "Hey, shit happens" ?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 07:47 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

more like "deja vu"

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 07:57 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saint Cynicism
Saint Cynicism

quote:
Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if the Republicans where to steel the 2008 election?

...it would be significantly more durable and free from impurities than those iron elections?

I kinda have to side with Bardock on this one though. There *might* be a bunch of initial complaining and whining at first, but eventually it'll just die down again until one of the Democrats can dig up a scandal on the Republicans, in which case they'll bring up how the GOP stole the election yet again when they're busy raising Cain on CNN. Granted there's nothing wrong with doing so, as it does give what's being said a stronger impact on the audience, but that's the usual trend. Hell, if the Democrats win I expect the Republicans to do the same if they catch THEM in a[nother] scandal.

So yeah...maybe an initial period of hellraising and protesting, but after a month or two it should die down until the group in question feels it's convenient to bring it up again.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:02 PM
Saint Cynicism is currently offline Click here to Send Saint Cynicism a Private Message Find more posts by Saint Cynicism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

I think that if the Dems run with Hillary, the Republicans won't need to "steel" the election.

Also, something I've never understood:

How did G.W.B. "steal" an election that was so close it came down to one state, by less than a few thousand votes?

If that many people voted for him to make it contested that Al Gore won, then he had plenty of support, plenty of votes, and won a contested decision.

To me, "stealing" it would be if only 30% of people voted for Bush, and the Gore votes of 50% or whatever I guess it coulda been were somehow discarded and not counted.

They were all counted, it was very close, and Bush won.

Just like in '04, where the American public voted in larger numbers than in most recent history, and he still got the majority. (52 or 54% or whatever it was, to Kerry's 48%)

He won fair and square.

People don't have to like him, hell I disagree with some of his choices, but he's the President the people elected.

Deal with it.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:30 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
People don't have to like him, hell I disagree with some of his choices, but he's the President the Electoral College elected.

Fixed that for you, since the people voted for Al Gore.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

actually backfire, you're both mistaken.
it was the supreme court who voted bush into office

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:33 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I love when you talk dirty to me.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Fixed that for you, since the people voted for Al Gore.

Now you're discussing the set-up of American elections and the Electoral college, and I tend to agree with you that the system is stupid.
Originally posted by PVS

What both of you ignore is the millions of people who voted for Bush.

He won 2004 as well, remember.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:34 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by PVS

I agree, and then Al Gore gave up.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:35 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

But to answer the question of the thread, if the Dems go with Hilary in 08, the Republicans won't need to steal anything, they'll simply win. Too many people hate Hilary for her to win.

However, if they go with Obama, which they should since he's incredibly popular right now, they'd have a damn good chance.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:35 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

allow me to correct myself:

Originally posted by PVS
actually backfire, you're both mistaken, you filthy dirty whore.
it was the supreme court who voted bush into office. now open wide and recieve my seed

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:36 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by sithsaber408
Now you're discussing the set-up of American elections and the Electoral college, and I tend to agree with you that the system is stupid.

What both of you ignore is the millions of people who voted for Bush.

All that is well and good, just pointing out that the 2000 election the people factually did not vote for him, he lost the popular vote, just wanted to make sure that was crystal clear.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:36 PM
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by BackFire
But to answer the question of the thread, if the Dems go with Hilary in 08, the Republicans won't need to steal anything, they'll simply win. Too many people hate Hilary for her to win.

I think that if the Dems run with Hillary, the Republicans won't need to "steel" the election.

Exactly. stick out tongue

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:37 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

review the topic

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:39 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Exactly. stick out tongue

Ok, sithsaber408 what would you think if a Republican won and a large number of US citizens protested and claimed that the elation was stolen?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:42 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think you should change that to

"Ok, sithsaber408 what would you think if a Democrat won controversially via supreme court decision?"

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:43 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by PVS
i think you should change that to

"Ok, sithsaber408 what would you think if a Democrat won controversially via supreme court decision?"

That is a good question too.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:45 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: What would happen if the Republicans where to steel the 2008 election?

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

I’m just curious to see what you think.

What I think if this were to happen? Oh, well this will just show how lame and pathetic the Democratic party works. Basically they strike out. It proves they are not ahead of the game.

Something is breathing in the back of my neck. confused

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jan 30th, 2007 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:47 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Re: Re: What would happen if the Republicans where to steel the 2008 election?

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
What I think if this were to happen? Oh, well this will just show how lame and pathetic the Democratic party works. Basically they strike out. It proves they are not ahead of the game.

Something is breathing in the back of my neck. confused

That's not good, see a doctor.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 08:57 PM