KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » South By Southwest (SXSW)

South By Southwest (SXSW)
Started by: Coolhalvo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Coolhalvo

South By Southwest (SXSW)

For those of you who do not know there is a Music and Film Festival in Austin March 9-18 called South By Southwest (SXSW.com). It has been going on for awhile and, in my opinion, is one of the best events in Texas.

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts or memories? Is anyone excited for anything in particular?

Personally I am a big film fan and there is a premiere that will occur at the event that I am extremely excited about. The film is called Elvis and Anabelle and it stars Blake Lively (Accepted) and Max Minghella (Art School Confidential). Blake plays a beauty queen, Max plays a mortician, and the two get together because of some interesting circumstances.

The film was shot entirely in Texas and has been chosen for the Gala Night premiere slot. I would love to hear other people's thoughts of the upcoming film. Check out the site - (http://www.elvisandanabelle.com).

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 02:06 AM
Coolhalvo is currently offline Click here to Send Coolhalvo a Private Message Find more posts by Coolhalvo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

On a side note that's more on-topic than the original post, I finally saw Hitchcock's North by Northwest last weekend.

I'd put it right in the middle as far as the quality of his films. (p.s. that means it's good).

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 05:34 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I've been to North by Northeast here in Toronto.
I love it, local talent, awesome food, and awesome people.
There's a whole showcase of Indie talent, and I love undiscovered bands way more than some big name bands, they try harder, it's a great festival.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 05:46 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote