KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Health and Fitness

Health and Fitness
Started by: Tiberius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tiberius
The Admiral

Health and Fitness

An interesting online conversation was taking place in a thread which was inappropriate for it. Let's talk training, diet and health people. What do we all do besides play on the internet!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:05 PM
Tiberius is currently offline Click here to Send Tiberius a Private Message Find more posts by Tiberius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Honestly, this is it:

5 days out the week before going to sleep -

150 push ups
300 sit ups
8 cups of water (every day)

I'm just lazy

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:08 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiberius
The Admiral

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chithappens
Honestly, this is it:

150 push ups
300 sit ups

I'm just lazy

I hope you're doing the modern bicycle crunch my friend I wouldn't want you to hurt your neck!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:10 PM
Tiberius is currently offline Click here to Send Tiberius a Private Message Find more posts by Tiberius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

big grin

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:11 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by chithappens
Honestly, this is it:

150 push ups
300 sit ups

I'm just lazy

Easy to do , yes do I win anything!!!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:13 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Well I don't have anything to properly assist me. I use the bunk bed in my dorm room. Push cover over my feet and place them under the planks. Not the best way but it's the quickest. Every other way is too tedious to do everytime unless I actually hit the gym which I seem to never get around 2.

I do some EXTREMELY amateur yoga, but I would not say it's something I could help someone @.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:13 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Originally posted by Soleran
Easy to do , yes do I win anything!!!

A slim, toned stomach and arms along with good bowels that come out without sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes.

Does it really take everyone that long? I can't even finish a magazine article when I #2. I have known some people to take a loooooooong time, but a lot of people act as if it is the norm.

Am I just odd?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:15 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

I will add my workout routine when i plan it out...feel free to give any advice or critique when i do so....and keep checking the Spartan Training thread for updates.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:22 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BaptizedAtheist
Restricted

Account Restricted

I trains weights and jogs on the same timewink
10 kilo weights. 10 km jogging.

And trains martial arts to keep me in shape, or keeps me in shape to improve my martial artsbig grin

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:10 AM
BaptizedAtheist is currently offline Click here to Send BaptizedAtheist a Private Message Find more posts by BaptizedAtheist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

I go to the gym at least 4 times a week, 5 max. During that time, I work my chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, legs, and abs. I do about 70-80 crunches for everyday I'm in the gym. I used to do heavy cardio, and didn't do as much weight training as I should have. Now, it's the complete opposite. Now, I love weight training. I haven't been for a run in at least 1 month and a half. I know that's horrible, but I hate cardio sometimes; even though I need and want to burn more body fat. My diet also is also in need of revision. I need to eat more protein, and less carbs. All in time, though. I'm gonna start cardio again next week. Oy, that is gonna hurt. Has anyone tried any muscle builders, or fat burners? Anything you'd recommend?

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Last edited by Grinning Goku on Apr 3rd, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:28 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Sorry to double post, but for my cardio routine, I would jog (sprinting at intervals) for about 5 or 6 miles over the course of an hour. It got kind of chilly, so I decided to take it easy. I don't want pneumonia, and I've gotten kind of lazy.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:32 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Three days out of my week consist only of cardio. about 5 mins of stretching. 40 push ups, alternately 40 sit ups, then again alternately 40 more push ups. stretches, 15 mins jumping rope, atleast 40 push ups, alternately 125 crunches, then alternately 40 push ups. slight cool down time, 200 leg raises, atleast 15 mins on my heavy bag, and then my final stretches.

Two days out of the week i do weight training. I try to focus on my leg muscles to heighten my heart rate, and then alternate between arm and back liftings. I repeat this twice, and then do a halved cardio routine. by this time i generally spent. I have held this workout schedule for about a year now. It took a while to get here, and my stamina hasnt increased from these routines, which makes me think i am doing something wrong, maybe my diet.

I should probably run, for thats the best excersise anyone can perform, but from being massively overweight for seven years, my knees dont appreciate the shock of running. So i just make sure i walk atleast 8 miles a week. I am hoping my youth will be able to make up for the stress i put my knees and joints through by being fat for so long. guess you can hope in one hand and shit in the other. Yeah, if your fat, lose weight. I was fat and diddnt realize how much it affected my body untill i lost weight.

thats it my workouts, more or less. My diet is off and on from only healthy eatings to unconscious absorption lol

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 3rd, 2007 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 01:39 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 02:24 AM
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

ewwwww

i dont workout at all sad

i do walk home from school though, which takes an hour.

does this work?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 02:59 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiberius
The Admiral

Originally posted by Grinning Goku
I go to the gym at least 4 times a week, 5 max. During that time, I work my chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, legs, and abs. I do about 70-80 crunches for everyday I'm in the gym. I used to do heavy cardio, and didn't do as much weight training as I should have. Now, it's the complete opposite. Now, I love weight training. I haven't been for a run in at least 1 month and a half. I know that's horrible, but I hate cardio sometimes; even though I need and want to burn more body fat. My diet also is also in need of revision. I need to eat more protein, and less carbs. All in time, though. I'm gonna start cardio again next week. Oy, that is gonna hurt. Has anyone tried any muscle builders, or fat burners? Anything you'd recommend?

I could recommend a lot but not all of it is legal pm me if you're interested.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:13 PM
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Originally posted by Grinning Goku

Just eat a high protein diet. You don't need those muscle building powders. It's a scam and waste of money unless you're a weight room freak, aka body builder, imo. Stick with lean meats like chicken, pork or tuna. Too much red meat isn't too good for you, I think. Also drink massive amounts of water. I'd say around 2 gallons a day. Make sure you get a decent amount of fiber and carbs in your diet as well. That atkins shit is really bad for your body and mind, imo. The most important part of gaining muscle mass is the protein though. Here's aformula to help you out. Let's say you weigh 170 pounds. To gain muscle mass you have to eat at least half of that in grams of protein a day. For a 170 pd person that would be at least 85 grams of protein a day. Oh and make sure hit the weights, unless you just want to get fat.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 01:36 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Whey protein is good though, no ?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 01:39 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

And I've read that u need at least 1 gr of protein for mass, not half

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 01:39 AM
Tiberius
The Admiral

Originally posted by Goddess Kali
And I've read that u need at least 1 gr of protein for mass, not half

Yup about Whey and Yup about 1 g. If people use tuna they need an amino acid tab with it as it's not a 1st class protein.

Legal stuff I can post about. Mau huang with burn fat as a mic with green tea take an aspirin with it. Anyone wants to know why pm me.

ZMA is still about the best legal anabolic.

Creatine is good as a volumiser but you must drink water during the day to use it!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 01:44 AM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by meep-meep
Just eat a high protein diet. You don't need those muscle building powders. It's a scam and waste of money unless you're a weight room freak, aka body builder, imo. Stick with lean meats like chicken, pork or tuna. Too much red meat isn't too good for you, I think. Also drink massive amounts of water. I'd say around 2 gallons a day. Make sure you get a decent amount of fiber and carbs in your diet as well. That atkins shit is really bad for your body and mind, imo. The most important part of gaining muscle mass is the protein though. Here's aformula to help you out. Let's say you weigh 170 pounds. To gain muscle mass you have to eat at least half of that in grams of protein a day. For a 170 pd person that would be at least 85 grams of protein a day. Oh and make sure hit the weights, unless you just want to get fat.

You are funny awesome, no not really.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 01:45 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote