KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Don "Imus in the morning show" cancelled on MSNBC channel due to racist remarks.

Don "Imus in the morning show" cancelled on MSNBC channel due to racist remarks.
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Don "Imus in the morning show" cancelled on MSNBC channel due to racist remarks.

Good. I'm glad he was fired. And i hope CBS radio follows suit.

He pulled a Mike Richards and paid good for it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18063270/

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 12:41 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

"nappy headed ho's"......laughing out loud....is the best insult they could come up with?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 12:46 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

did no blacks go to see BORAT?
what about "chocolate face" Alan Keyes scene
i dont remember anyone kicking off about that
in the cinema it got a big laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 12:50 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i could go on for days here posting racial slurs better than that.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 12:53 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Don "Imus in the morning show" cancelled on MSNBC channel due to racist remarks.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Good.

"....waaaaaaaaa i hate white people."

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 01:01 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

exactly. gimme a fuggin break, get over it already.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 01:05 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

you're no better, recycling completely false talking points about oppressive double standards. even when i present the completely factual point of the ever-growing white supremacist movements in america publically recruiting and speaking, i'm ignored. its ridiculous on both sides and so melodramatic.

imus lost his show because he's a shmuck. there are plenty of white radio hosts who regularly throw out "offensive and insensitive" material. try howard stern and opie&anthony for starters. they get away with it and keep their jobs. know why? they are comedians and have never been elevated in status to represent something different. as someone pointed out in another thread, in this situation they would have laughed in everyone's face and said "stick your apology".

but dont cry for imus. nobody's going to let a cash cow like that sit around and wither away. he has too much of a following to just loose his entire career over something so silly. maybe in the future his job description will be more clear (comedian) and he wont have to go through this ordeal again.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 01:12 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

In buried news, the Duke Lacrosse team was found innocent of rape charges. While Imus is apologizing out his a$$ (and deservingly so), many people are still waiting for the "A" word to surface now that the charges have been dropped - but aren't holding their breaths on that one.

Last edited by botankus on Apr 12th, 2007 at 01:25 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 01:21 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

This is all a bunch of crap if you ask me

Imus said somthing really stupid, but that doesn't mean he should be fired (although the real reason his show was cancelled was because the sponsers pulled out)

The only people he should have apologized to were the basketball players, not Al Sharpton or anyone else.

This really isn't a race issue, I mean he called them "hos" which isn't racist, its still vulgar language, but its not racist

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 01:29 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Grimm22
(although the real reason his show was cancelled was because the sponsers pulled out)

concrete fact FTW thumb up

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 01:43 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I mean he called them "hos"

This would accurately categorize half of America's high school hallways, males included.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 01:43 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

just stop it. damn man this topic was over

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 02:19 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by chithappens
just stop it. damn man this topic was over

Blame the creator.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by vintageSW77
did no blacks go to see BORAT?
what about "chocolate face" Alan Keyes scene
i dont remember anyone kicking off about that
in the cinema it got a big laugh

Alan Keyes isn't liked by them.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:34 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

[(although the real reason his show was cancelled was because the sponsers pulled out)

that's b/c SOME people ( embarrasment ) called and threatened the sponsors, did the same thing to yahoo comment board, some guy wanted to sue yahoo b/c of another persons' comments, he lost i think, but they don't have anymore users'/readers' comments b/c some people threatened their advertisers.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:38 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Schecter
you're no better, recycling completely false talking points about oppressive double standards. even when i present the completely factual point of the ever-growing white supremacist movements in america publically recruiting and speaking, i'm ignored. its ridiculous on both sides and so melodramatic.

imus lost his show because he's a shmuck. there are plenty of white radio hosts who regularly throw out "offensive and insensitive" material. try howard stern and opie&anthony for starters. they get away with it and keep their jobs. know why? they are comedians and have never been elevated in status to represent something different. as someone pointed out in another thread, in this situation they would have laughed in everyone's face and said "stick your apology".

but dont cry for imus. nobody's going to let a cash cow like that sit around and wither away. he has too much of a following to just loose his entire career over something so silly. maybe in the future his job description will be more clear (comedian) and he wont have to go through this ordeal again.

wait, what? confused

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 04:34 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 04:37 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

as i said, the world is a messed up place.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 04:48 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

This is all a bunch of crap if you ask me

Imus said somthing really stupid, but that doesn't mean he should be fired (although the real reason his show was cancelled was because the sponsers pulled out)

The only people he should have apologized to were the basketball players, not Al Sharpton or anyone else.

This really isn't a race issue, I mean he called them "hos" which isn't racist, its still vulgar language, but its not racist
Maybe because "nappy headed" refers to the coarseness of black people's hair? I don't know. Or really care. It's a hideous double standard. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have both made racist comments towards whites in the past and and have yet to recant, but the instant someone dares to make a comment against blacks, they claim the high road. **** that.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 05:02 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Strangelove
Maybe because "nappy headed" refers to the coarseness of black people's hair? I don't know. Or really care. It's a hideous double standard. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have both made racist comments towards whites in the past and and have yet to recant, but the instant someone dares to make a comment against blacks, they claim the high road. **** that.

Directed more towards Al Sharpton; would you expect any less from a thug/crook?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 05:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote