KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » video games # 2

video games # 2
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

video games # 2

well since the first one was closed, i figured id make a new one. i just got a new video card for my pc, the ati radeon 9000, with 128 mb ddr ram. its really good, runs unreal tournement 2003 perfectly.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2002 10:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Lovely...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 9th, 2002 10:40 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I only saw one offtopic post at the end...

Any, my comp needs a new card. It can play games like Jedi Knight, but it freezes when I try Indy Jones or Jedi Outcast.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2002 11:25 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I have to buy one of the better systems. I'm so sick of my Playstation.

I see all these comercials for these cool looking games for the new systems.

Screw it, maybe I'll just go play some old school Nintendo.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 03:32 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Computer games are the best.
Sure the graphics may not be top notch, but the controls and features are always far superior than console games.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 04:51 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayride
Apt Pupil

idunno..i'm a pc gamer, but playing games like Grand Theft Auto 3 and Need for Speed just seem better on the Playstation. The driving ability is just always smoother and easier to maneuver. I run almost every game at full settings on PC.

The ability to create and edit practically everything on the PC is VERY NICE, and having all those extra programmable buttons at hand is more than you could ask for.

I say forget the console for everything but racing games.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 05:29 AM
jayride is currently offline Click here to Send jayride a Private Message Find more posts by jayride Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

console games are superior in control to EVERYTHING but strategy and FPS.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 01:19 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Also way too easy to beat.
Nintendo hasn't made one hard game yet!
All easy kid games.
That's why I dont buy any.
Beat them in 2 weeks, and your stuck with a $50 CD.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 04:57 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The PC makes better Grand Prix games, when it comes to racing.

Console games, of course, are made tailored to the control pads designed for them, which always means the games gel perfectly with the controller except when they CAN'T, in which area strategy games and FPSs are two good examples.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 05:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by Tex
Also way too easy to beat.
Nintendo hasn't made one hard game yet!
All easy kid games.
That's why I dont buy any.
Beat them in 2 weeks, and your stuck with a $50 CD.

yah, sure! you didnt beat mario that quick did you? you didnt beat the last zeldas that quick did you? its impossible to beat animal crossing.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 08:55 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

That's cause I am a busy man.
I just have to rent Mario for an additional week and it's beat.
I'm telling ya, if Zelda doesn't tingle my nuts, I'm gonna throw my Gamecube out the window!!!
*frustrated*

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 09:23 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

foolish you! the autumn is JAM-PACKED with tens of AAA-titles and you complain!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 09:24 PM
Tex
Yumsz

And Nintendo delays all of their games!mad

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 09:26 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

About time, after the GC's crappy launch line-up...

BtVS

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 09:30 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

haha..childish ush! pikmin, wave race and super smash bros melee satisfied me

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 09:31 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Nah, Ush is right. Thank God Rogue Leader was out.
Too bad I had to wait from November to May to get another good game: RE.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 09:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That was for the European launch, Mah, not the actual launch. The actual launch line up was very poor.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 09:34 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

as was teh xbox's and ps2's and n64's. very few systems have good launch lineups. most systems have 1 good game. but come out with a bunch of good ones later on during their span, which is what gamecube is doing. xbox looks like the next decent game will be halo 2.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2002 08:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

GCs launch line up was generally considered the worst ever. N64 having Mario pretty much made up for it on the spot. PS2 had an enormous back catalgoue built in.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2002 07:12 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

you're full of it! I've not seen ANY place where GC's launch line up has been considered the worst! PS2 on the other hand was cataztrophically bad, many thought it would be a failure until suddenly the games came flowing shortly after.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2002 07:15 PM