KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What the hell is up with people not getting satire/sarcasm/joking in posts?

What the hell is up with people not getting satire/sarcasm/joking in posts?
Started by: FeceMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the hell is up with people not getting satire/sarcasm/joking in posts?

It seems that every single ****tard who travels to the GDF finds a post (or three) that is obviously making fun of one of KMC's resident douchebags--using racism seems to be the biggest thing right now--and/or a callous response to a tragedy for the sole intent of inciting an emotional reaction, and said ****tard just has to get all high-and-mighty and make a post condemning the poster and/or extolling some virtue or another.

That was a really long sentence, but the question remains: WHY ARE THEY DUMB?

(Yes, this is a *****-thread designed so it looks like a legitimate-post-thread.)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 05:05 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

otf.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:03 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alliance
otf.

Agreed. An influx of people who spend most of their time on the OTF.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:04 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Unless some one frequently visits this board they will not know when a person is being sarcastic, joking etc because incase you didnt realise its hard to be sarcastic using text unless you overly emphasise it.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:04 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

well, that just ruins the point of sarcasm, doesn't it.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:05 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Magee
Unless some one frequently visits this board they will not know when a person is being sarcastic, joking etc because incase you didnt realise its hard to be sarcastic using text unless you overly emphasise it.

ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:11 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What the hell is up with people not getting satire/sarcasm/joking in posts?

Originally posted by FeceMan
It seems that every single ****tard who travels to the GDF finds a post (or three) that is obviously making fun of one of KMC's resident douchebags--using racism seems to be the biggest thing right now--and/or a callous response to a tragedy for the sole intent of inciting an emotional reaction, and said ****tard just has to get all high-and-mighty and make a post condemning the poster and/or extolling some virtue or another.

That was a really long sentence, but the question remains: WHY ARE THEY DUMB?

(Yes, this is a *****-thread designed so it looks like a legitimate-post-thread.)
I did that once when JesusTheChrist made that thread mocking FistOfTheNorth's but I didn't see FOTN's thread before JTC so I had no way of knowing it was a joke.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:14 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Originally posted by FeceMan
ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?
Yes I am from the planet mars.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:25 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

If that person is use to being insulted by certain members, then they would not know when those certain memebers are telling a joke.I suggust use a smilie!jm smile

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 11:34 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Feceman laughing out loud

I know when most people like you use sarcasm. It took me about 6 months though.........hahahaha

PVS, Bardock and many others use it quite a bit. I call them morons..

Last edited by debbiejo on Jun 20th, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 12:06 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by debbiejo

I know when most people like you use sarcasm. It took me about 6 months though.........hahahaha

big grin and bring meat..

[edit] Oops.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 12:09 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

someone from KMC who clearly didn't get a joke i made which i had forgotten about entirely actually emailed me to tell me that

"you atually(sic) think that way about pets your(sic) sick youv(sic) got issues"

so yeah...some people clearly dont grasp irony and sarcasm

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 12:10 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Bottom line: If you're new, stay in the Star Wars forum. I heard that's a noob factory.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 01:26 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by debbiejo

A compliment coming from you.

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
If that person is use to being insulted by certain members, then they would not know when those certain memebers are telling a joke.I suggust use a smilie!jm smile

I suggest understanding English.

I disagree, it is usually apparent. And of course text can convey that message, it is not solely a voice thing.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 01:47 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by botankus
Bottom line: If you're new, stay in the Star Wars forum. I heard that's a noob factory.

holy shit. sarcasm flies over their heads every ****ing time.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 01:50 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I always kinda figured that people who got "high and mighty" were simply doing so as a mockery as well.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 01:53 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Schecter
holy shit. sarcasm flies over their heads every ****ing time.
Oh no! We gotta do something. Maybe raise the ground under them so the sarcasm can hit them square between the eyes.

And watch it bounce off cause the skulls are too thick...

Well I'm outta ideas.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 01:54 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Creshosk
Oh no! We gotta do something. Maybe raise the ground under them so the sarcasm can hit them square between the eyes.

And watch it bounce off cause the skulls are too thick...

Well I'm outta ideas.

You, moron, that wouldn't work. He was being methaphysical....DUH!!!!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 01:56 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote:
A compliment coming from you.
I just love your little bald ass. love

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 01:57 PM
Creshosk

Originally posted by Bardock42
You, moron, that wouldn't work. He was being methaphysical....DUH!!!!
Oh, so we're not going to pegging noobs between the eyes with stuff? sad

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 02:00 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote