KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Gay Union Sanctioned in Medieval Europe

Gay Union Sanctioned in Medieval Europe
Started by: allofyousuckkk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

Gay Union Sanctioned in Medieval Europe

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 02:20 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

More like t he horror.jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 02:56 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

Page requested was not found.

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 03:06 AM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
backdoorman
'cause I'm loose

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience...4iS.h4nfdwPLBIF
Though, haven't they been saying this for a while?

EDIT: Still doesn't work, strange.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 03:11 AM
backdoorman is currently offline Click here to Send backdoorman a Private Message Find more posts by backdoorman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
More like t he horror.jm
Eh?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 03:21 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Eh?

ADarksideJedi is very much against gay marriage and depending on when you catch her against homosexuality, thinking it is anything from a choice that is against God to a mental illness to both at the same time.

How people choose to have a mental illness is something she never really clarified. Ergo the idea is more horrific then ironic to her.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:18 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 08:59 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
More like t he horror.jm
Bigot.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:07 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Gay Union Sanctioned in Medieval Europe

Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
The irony.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience...g19ChBpMSjq188F

Another reason why the few "decent" Europeans left that shit-hell of a continent and came to God's chosen land, America.

Your torch, Malfoy.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

She's going to love that one, just don't mention abortion.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:09 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

That's pretty.... yeah, ironic would be the right word, allofyousuckk.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 01:18 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Council#13
allofyousuckk

Well, thank you, you are a ****ing *******, too.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 01:22 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, thank you, you are a ****ing *******, too.

It's in my blood.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 02:38 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

wait!!

everyone would agree that it was worse in the middle ages than it is today

and gay marrige was allowed in the middle ages

see, the connection, gay union caused the horrors of the middle ages wink

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 02:41 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by inimalist
wait!!

everyone would agree that it was worse in the middle ages than it is today

and gay marrige was allowed in the middle ages

see, the connection, gay union caused the horrors of the middle ages wink

I seriously doubt gay marriage was allowed as such, two man living together may have been allowed, but I don't think they would have been able to openly come out and claim they had a relationship with each other, with the power of the Catholic church at that moment in Europe I don't think it would have made them very popular...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 03:58 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Fishy
I seriously doubt gay marriage was allowed as such, two man living together may have been allowed, but I don't think they would have been able to openly come out and claim they had a relationship with each other, with the power of the Catholic church at that moment in Europe I don't think it would have made them very popular...

I'd agree

I didn't read the article, but my assumption would be that people were no more accepting of male homosexuality in the past than they are today. Even the acceptance in Greek and Roman society is largely overstated.

female homosexuality seems to have always been somewhat more acceptable socially, for clear darwinean and socio-sexual reasons.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 04:09 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

I'd agree

I didn't read the article, but my assumption would be that people were no more accepting of male homosexuality in the past than they are today. Even the acceptance in Greek and Roman society is largely overstated.

female homosexuality seems to have always been somewhat more acceptable socially, for clear darwinean and socio-sexual reasons.

There was acceptance in Greece and Rome though... As there is some now.

In Medieval Europe I very much doubt such acceptance would exist... At least publicly.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 04:30 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Fishy
There was acceptance in Greece and Rome though... As there is some now.

In Medieval Europe I very much doubt such acceptance would exist... At least publicly.

I'd agree pretty much

I don't think men lived openly with male partners in Greek society. Thinking back to Sappho, I almost am tempted to say that ancient homosexuality was more based on sexual things rather than lifestyle and family as it is trying to be accepted today.

I could very well be wrong though, I am totally no expert on this.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 04:36 PM
Fishy

I'd agree pretty much

I don't think men lived openly with male partners in Greek society. Thinking back to Sappho, I almost am tempted to say that ancient homosexuality was more based on sexual things rather than lifestyle and family as it is trying to be accepted today.

I could very well be wrong though, I am totally no expert on this.

I think that was the case, from what I know at least a lot of people had gay lovers for sex and woman for children, love and all the crap that comes with the household...

Of course there are some people in that time that did love their gay lovers, but I do believe they were in a minority..

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 04:55 PM