KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » It's Official... Fred Thompson's in the race...

It's Official... Fred Thompson's in the race...
Started by: sithsaber408

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

It's Official... Fred Thompson's in the race...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20624279/

No thread on this yet?

Not much of a surprise really, thoughts?

I like him, the only conservative of the bunch who isn't a flip-flopper (McCain) or a phony (Rudy, whom I like as a person, but is no conservative) and actually believes in conservative values.

However, his Law and Order TV fame will hurt him more than help him, methinks.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 07:40 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sithsaber408

No thread on this yet?

I like him, the only conservative of the bunch who isn't a flip-flopper (McCain) or a phony (Rudy, whom I like as a person, but is no conservative) and actually believes in conservative values.

Ron Paul believes in Conservative values.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 07:48 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: It's Official... Fred Thompson's in the race...

No thread on this yet?

That is all we need: another acting president.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 07:50 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: It's Official... Fred Thompson's in the race...

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That is all we need: another acting president.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 08:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Wouldn't it be funny if all people in this thread would quote the "That is all we need: another acting president." and half of them mean it sarcastically while the others mean it literally?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 08:08 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

There was talk awhile back of pasing a law that would allow any immagrant citizen to run for president if they had been a US citizen for at least 20 years.

Arnold v.s. Hillary '08! laughing out loud

That would have been awesome.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 09:00 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

There was talk awhile back of pasing a law that would allow any immagrant citizen to run for president if they had been a US citizen for at least 20 years.

That would have been awesome.

I can just see Arnold's reelection slogan. laughing

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 09:09 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

C'mon.. don't keep us in suspense. stick out tongue

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 09:16 PM
Bardock42

I'll be back?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 09:17 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

You have never seen Terminator? eek!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 09:20 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Fred may be good , but I don't think he'll win.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 09:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Constitutionally ineligible
You don't like Huckabee? Hell, I like Huckabee and I'm a godless liberal. Gov. Huckabee's really likable.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 11:08 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

I like somebody who has a chance of WINNING.

For the Reps its McCain, Rudy, or now.. Fred Thompson.

Of the 3, I like Thompson.

Doesn't mean that he's the best, but of the ones who've got any kind of shot, he's who I'd pick.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 11:52 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apparently, he thinks that the solution to school shootings like the one at Virginia Tech is to give more college students gun. The man honestly said that college students should be allowed to wander around armed to the gills.

But, in the next breathe he talks about how we have to disarm every other nation with nuclear weapons.

I don't understand the logic of everyone has a gun so it will deter anyone from using a gun for wrong, but every other country with nuclear weapons (except, I assume, for the countries we've given them to) has to give theirs up.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 02:47 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like somebody who has a chance of WINNING.

Do you realize how superficial that sounds?

Originally posted by Strangelove
You don't like Huckabee? Hell, I like Huckabee and I'm a godless liberal. Gov. Huckabee's really likable.

I will admit that when I hear him speak, he's one of only two candidates on that side of the aisle that strikes me as sincere.

Last edited by Devil King on Sep 7th, 2007 at 02:51 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 02:48 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by Devil King
Apparently, he thinks that the solution to school shootings like the one at Virginia Tech is to give more college students gun. The man honestly said that college students should be allowed to wander around armed to the gills.

But, in the next breathe he talks about how we have to disarm every other nation with nuclear weapons.

I don't understand the logic of everyone has a gun so it will deter anyone from using a gun for wrong, but every other country with nuclear weapons (except, I assume, for the countries we've given them to) has to give theirs up.

hmm... that's rather stupid. Hadn't heard that quote.

Now I'm back to square one.

I guess if Obama wins it it'll be ok.
Do you realize how superficial that sounds?

I will admit that when I hear him speak, he's one of only two candidates on that side of the aisle that strikes me as sincere.
Who's the other?

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 03:50 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm... that's rather stupid. Hadn't heard that quote.

Now I'm back to square one.

I guess if Obama wins it it'll be ok. Who's the other?

It wasn't a single quote. But that's why I think he just says what comes to mind when asked a question. As Ghandi said, convictions should be slowly formed, but once they have they should be defended at all costs. I also don't understand Thompson's thing about his red truck.

Ron Paul is the other. I think he honestly believes what he says. It's just far too much of a head in the sand attitude. I understand that Washington warned against foreign entanglements, but this isn't 300 years ago. The world community is a fact and our need to interact with it can't be underestimated. The other extreme seems to be represented by the majority of Republican candidates.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 04:13 PM
Fishy

It wasn't a single quote. But that's why I think he just says what comes to mind when asked a question. As Ghandi said, convictions should be slowly formed, but once they have they should be defended at all costs. I also don't understand Thompson's thing about his red truck.

Ron Paul is the other. I think he honestly believes what he says. It's just far too much of a head in the sand attitude. I understand that Washington warned against foreign entanglements, but this isn't 300 years ago. The world community is a fact and our need to interact with it can't be underestimated. The other extreme seems to be represented by the majority of Republican candidates.

Well it would be somewhat fun to see the US as an isolated country, it would really make things in Asia far more interesting.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:48 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote