KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why do we let one or two posters ruin the forum?

Why do we let one or two posters ruin the forum?
Started by: Zeal Ex Nihilo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do we let one or two posters ruin the forum?

I've been on KMC now for a few years, and I've noticed a pattern in posting on the GDF: KMC goes in waves. Most of the time, we're in troughs, where people will post news articles or intelligent thoughts on some issues. When a political issue looms in the media, however, the GDF hits the crests: there are numerous threads focusing on a particular issue.

When I first started posting on the GDF, President Bush was the "crest issue": favorite Bushisms, Bush is retarded, Bush is turning the U.S. into a dictatorship, etc. This eventually died down and there was a healthy mix of topics. There have been other examples of this, such as with Hurricane Katrina, the 2004 election, etc.

When the GDF hits the crests, the forum gets a little bit retarded, but it's understandable--"hot" issues are going to generate a lot of thoughts, and threads usually will get focused onto one aspect of the issue over time, excluding most other discussion.

My gripe is that we on the GDF allow certain posters to push us into these crests. In the past, Whirlysplat would go on and post several topics about stupid, inane things centered around one issue (if I recall correctly, he made three different threads on homosexuality in a very short span). Quite frankly, when this happens, we look like a bunch of morons.

The past second-to-last crest was about race, and I believe that both FistoftheNorth and Czarina_Czarina worked in conjunction (not deliberately) to swamp the forum with idiocy. Right now, we're suffering under the "Czarina_Czarina's stupid-ass thoughts" crest that is intertwined with the "racism" crest.

(Oddly enough, Czarina_Czarina has to make every single thread of hers involve race, which is why the two crests are intertwined.)

Why do we put up with this crap? Why don't we have the mods make a "Czarina_Czarina's Brainturds" thread where Czarina_Czarina can yammer on and on about her stupid-ass bullshit like the sun having a walk-in while the indigo black girl sits on Czarina_Czarina's energy and makes Czarina_Czarina hate minorities? This would spare us the pain of her stupidity without resorting to the injustice--albeit relief--of a ban.

And it's not like this doesn't happen in other parts of KMC, mind you. Prior to Urizen's "reformation," the Religion Forum was littered with crap about Jesus being gay, angels being gay, God being a vampire, and other such ****wittery that only those such as Chris Crocker can top.

The topics can't really go into the OTF forum because, like it or not, they do (at times) constitute valid discussion points. (Also, the OTF is a horrible, horrible place that needs to get cancer.) It's just that they're so intrinsically stupid that we can't possibly take them seriously without spamming things like "STOP MAKING THREADS YOU ****ING IDIOT."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 07:08 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Although I agree with some parts. *COUGH* OTF *COUGH*

The future of this thread is kind of iffy.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 07:22 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Why do we let one or two posters ruin the forum?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
I've been on KMC now for a few years, and I've noticed a pattern in posting on the GDF: KMC goes in waves. Most of the time, we're in troughs, where people will post news articles or intelligent thoughts on some issues. When a political issue looms in the media, however, the GDF hits the crests: there are numerous threads focusing on a particular issue.

When I first started posting on the GDF, President Bush was the "crest issue": favorite Bushisms, Bush is retarded, Bush is turning the U.S. into a dictatorship, etc. This eventually died down and there was a healthy mix of topics. There have been other examples of this, such as with Hurricane Katrina, the 2004 election, etc.

When the GDF hits the crests, the forum gets a little bit retarded, but it's understandable--"hot" issues are going to generate a lot of thoughts, and threads usually will get focused onto one aspect of the issue over time, excluding most other discussion.

My gripe is that we on the GDF allow certain posters to push us into these crests. In the past, Whirlysplat would go on and post several topics about stupid, inane things centered around one issue (if I recall correctly, he made three different threads on homosexuality in a very short span). Quite frankly, when this happens, we look like a bunch of morons.

The past second-to-last crest was about race, and I believe that both FistoftheNorth and Czarina_Czarina worked in conjunction (not deliberately) to swamp the forum with idiocy. Right now, we're suffering under the "Czarina_Czarina's stupid-ass thoughts" crest that is intertwined with the "racism" crest.

(Oddly enough, Czarina_Czarina has to make every single thread of hers involve race, which is why the two crests are intertwined.)

Why do we put up with this crap? Why don't we have the mods make a "Czarina_Czarina's Brainturds" thread where Czarina_Czarina can yammer on and on about her stupid-ass bullshit like the sun having a walk-in while the indigo black girl sits on Czarina_Czarina's energy and makes Czarina_Czarina hate minorities? This would spare us the pain of her stupidity without resorting to the injustice--albeit relief--of a ban.

And it's not like this doesn't happen in other parts of KMC, mind you. Prior to Urizen's "reformation," the Religion Forum was littered with crap about Jesus being gay, angels being gay, God being a vampire, and other such ****wittery that only those such as Chris Crocker can top.

The topics can't really go into the OTF forum because, like it or not, they do (at times) constitute valid discussion points. (Also, the OTF is a horrible, horrible place that needs to get cancer.) It's just that they're so intrinsically stupid that we can't possibly take them seriously without spamming things like "STOP MAKING THREADS YOU ****ING IDIOT."

*sigh*

I agree.

This thread may get closed. I think that it is a very good idea to put Czarina's threads into one thread, like the did with the crazy doctor questions in the OTF. That was an extremely good idea AND that dudes spam isn't all over the place now.

Also, when you say crest, I think you mean trough...just sayin'.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 07:27 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

i fail to see the bush connection. i understand the dimwittery, but you and WD moan and cry simply because of your side of the fence. the leader of the free world is more than a single topic. sure people will make general anti-whatever comments in hot topic threads. they are not duplicates though

so...if its like, "ok, bush says we're going to invade iran" or "bush was caught on video raping his dog barney", these are individual topics. i never recalled a spam of threads that say "i hate bush" for the topic. the worst is you'll see comments within those topics you dont care for. fine.

dont try to parallel it to CZ and FotN though. those are duplicate topics launched simply to provoke an ad hominem response and then of course the public self-crucifixion/sainting/egocentric rants/etc

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Last edited by Schecter on Sep 16th, 2007 at 07:51 AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 07:45 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Just because the OTF attracts all the idiots doesn't mean it's worthless.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 08:25 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Strangelove
Just because the OTF attracts all the idiots doesn't mean it's worthless.
No, no...of course not....it's worthless on it's own account.

Though, to be fair, they are closely related.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 09:34 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aren't posters ruining threads more important to talk about?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 10:02 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Whew.....my names not on there..

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 12:46 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Everyone is free to voice what they think.No one here should judge anyone's threads.A debate is where everyone says what t hey believe.If all of us argee it would be quite boring and not being consider a debate at all.So come on give everyone a chance people be fair!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 01:48 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Everyone is free to voice what they think.No one here should judge anyone's threads.A debate is where everyone says what t hey believe.If all of us argee it would be quite boring and not being consider a debate at all.So come on give everyone a chance people be fair!jm
No, judging is very important. How could we decide who is stupid and who isn't?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 01:55 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

We'll I've decided.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 02:59 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

dum de dum

never argue with an idiot, they only drag you down to their level and beat you by experience

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 03:00 PM
anaconda is currently offline Click here to Send anaconda a Private Message Find more posts by anaconda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

There are a lot of morons on here.......lol

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 03:02 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by debbiejo
We'll I've decided.. roll eyes (sarcastic)
That sentence sucks.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 03:04 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by lord xyz
That sentence sucks.
confused

Why?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 03:05 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

confused

Why?
"We'll" and "I've" can't go together.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 03:09 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well mine just did.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 03:10 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well mine just did.
Which is why the sentence sucks.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 03:12 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Still works.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 04:14 PM
Creshosk

We will I have decided?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 04:40 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote