KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Body oder: depends on who's smelling you

Body oder: depends on who's smelling you
Started by: Czarina_Czarina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shocked Body oder: depends on who's smelling you

oder=odor

..."the same sweaty man can smell like vanilla to some, like urine to others and for about a third of adults, have no smell at all."

"When it comes to a man's body odour, the fragrance -- or stench -- is in the nose of the beholder, according to U.S. researchers who suggest a single gene may determine how people perceive body odour"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070918...e_uk_genes_odor

""It facilitates the courtship behaviour in females," "

Maybe someone will figure out a way to code that gene to segregate ppl, meaning if you don't want person x, or lady-x around a particular type of man or race, code that gene so that ppl in that group will avoid her or him b/c they smell of urine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Sep 24th, 2007 at 06:21 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 06:16 AM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

...what?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 06:50 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Re: Body oder: depends on who's smelling you

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
[B]oder=odor

..."the same sweaty man can smell like vanilla to some, like urine to others/B]

How is that possible? Smell is pretty objective. How can somebody correlate the smell of a flower and the smell of amonia and uric acid?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 06:50 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

different people smell differently, even more so when they have different professions. a construction worker will smell really bad, a mechanic somewhat bad, someone who works in a flower shop, hardly at all.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 06:58 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

But how can the same odor smell like a vanilla to one person and like urine to another?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 07:07 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
But how can the same odor smell like a vanilla to one person and like urine to another?
they have a tainted palate, ese.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 07:09 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

laughing out loud They must.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 07:12 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I happen to have a very pleasant aroma.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 07:14 AM
KingTech

Let's leave this invention for Professors and researchers to give us more info about it.Any way it will be great if it true.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 07:50 AM
KingTech is currently offline Click here to Send KingTech a Private Message Find more posts by KingTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Re: Body oder: depends on who's smelling you

oder=odor

..."the same sweaty man can smell like vanilla to some, like urine to others and for about a third of adults, have no smell at all."

"When it comes to a man's body odour, the fragrance -- or stench -- is in the nose of the beholder, according to U.S. researchers who suggest a single gene may determine how people perceive body odour"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070918...e_uk_genes_odor

""It facilitates the courtship behaviour in females," "

Maybe someone will figure out a way to code that gene to segregate ppl, meaning if you don't want person x, or lady-x around a particular type of man or race, code that gene so that ppl in that group will avoid her or him b/c they smell of urine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It also matters on the house and famiy smell.Every family and house has it's own small and that is just life so it is something we all have to get use too.jm smile

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 12:54 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

"Androstenone is in the sweat of men and women, but it is more highly concentrated in men. How one perceives its smell appears to have a lot to do with variations in one odour receptor gene called OR7D4.

"It is well known that people have different perceptions to androstenone. But people didn't know what was the basis of it," Matsunami said."

the reason people would have different reactions to it would be that they have different receptors for the chemical.

Its not really that much of a stretch, though highly interesting.

I'd say this is the first thread Czarina has put up that is interesting.

segregating people by smell? that completely missinterprets the findings. ALL people of ALL races produce Androstenone that is the same, it is the people smelling it who have the variation.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 02:46 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Re: Re: Body oder: depends on who's smelling you

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
How is that possible? Smell is pretty objective. How can somebody correlate the smell of a flower and the smell of amonia and uric acid?
because of the chemical process by which "smell" occurs in the first place I'd imagine. Now while the oder given off is objective, the interpritation of it might not be. After all, all objects reflect the light waves they reflect, however people do seem things differently, after all there is colorblindness, and some people have better and worse vision than others... I'm told I have great night vision because I can move around in the dark eaily, now is this because I have great eyes that take in more data than normal, or a great processor that interpreates the data it does receive better than normal?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 08:43 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by inimalist
"Androstenone is in the sweat of men and women, but it is more highly concentrated in men. How one perceives its smell appears to have a lot to do with variations in one odour receptor gene called OR7D4.

"It is well known that people have different perceptions to androstenone. But people didn't know what was the basis of it," Matsunami said."

the reason people would have different reactions to it would be that they have different receptors for the chemical.

Its not really that much of a stretch, though highly interesting.

I'd say this is the first thread Czarina has put up that is interesting.

segregating people by smell? that completely missinterprets the findings. ALL people of ALL races produce Androstenone that is the same, it is the people smelling it who have the variation.

Yeah, but there is a strong interest in segregating ppl according to control, no matter how silly it seems to our logic, we'll go against our own logic in order to appease peer-pressure, so if certain genes are tweeked to have a repulsiveness to a certain race or class, they'll always be excluded, from dates, from friends, from jobs, etc. And there are ppl who DO want total control over everyone, sorry, it's just true.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 10:56 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Ah man, in the musical I'm in, my "son" has some pretty bad body odor. He's older than me, so you'd think he'd wear some deodorant man....

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 10:59 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Yeah, but there is a strong interest in segregating ppl according to control, no matter how silly it seems to our logic, we'll go against our own logic in order to appease peer-pressure, so if certain genes are tweeked to have a repulsiveness to a certain race or class, they'll always be excluded, from dates, from friends, from jobs, etc. And there are ppl who DO want total control over everyone, sorry, it's just true.
So you're going to tweak blacks so they produce a certain kind of Androstenone and then tweak all whites so they react negatiely to that modified Androstenone?

Don't you see how ridiculous the scope of that is?

Why don't you run along back to the rock in the conspiracy forum that you crawled out from underneath of?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 11:08 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Body oder: depends on who's smelling you

Originally posted by Creshosk
because of the chemical process by which "smell" occurs in the first place I'd imagine. Now while the oder given off is objective, the interpritation of it might not be. After all, all objects reflect the light waves they reflect, however people do seem things differently, after all there is colorblindness, and some people have better and worse vision than others... I'm told I have great night vision because I can move around in the dark eaily, now is this because I have great eyes that take in more data than normal, or a great processor that interpreates the data it does receive better than normal?

you are right, it's like color b/c ppl gravitate towards blue and red; and for food, some are esp. sensitive to the color yellow. these colors are used in industry, etc.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 11:24 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

I guess you are what you eat. LOL

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 11:29 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Creshosk
So you're going to tweak blacks so they produce a certain kind of Androstenone and then tweak all whites so they react negatiely to that modified Androstenone?

Don't you see how ridiculous the scope of that is?

Why don't you run along back to the rock in the conspiracy forum that you crawled out from underneath of?

who ME? Not I, but there are ppl who want to CONTROL others, I mean, have you ever heard of witchcraft, ppl aren't scared of it unless it's used against their will or without them knowing. This "unconscious" reaction to smell could be used like witchcraft: against a person's freewill and against a person knowing/being aware. If you read this as ME, then you aren't reading with the author's intent, I don't have a secret lab and I have zero desire to segregate ppl, HOWEVER, I am aware enough to know that some ARE INTERESTED IN THAT.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 11:31 PM
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by debbiejo
I guess you are what you eat. LOL

ops. the colors are yellow and orange, when it comes to food, and some are more senstitive to it, but the odor respector's aren't related to diet, so it's not that all ppl who eat mcdonalds are going to smell like beef or whatever. ppl with differ. receptors will interpret the smell in different ways. but a receptor isn't the issue, it's the transmitter, if a controlling person can control the transmitter of ppl they want to control or isolate, then that becomes a system of control b/c ppl who smell them will act accordingly.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 11:34 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

But your diet does contribute to your body odor.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 11:37 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote