KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Man's 60 pint drinking binge

Man's 60 pint drinking binge
Started by: Zebedee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man's 60 pint drinking binge

A MAN stumped doctors when he walked into a hospital emergency room complaining of blurred vision and a constant headache.

The 37-year-old had swollen optical nerves and bleeding nerve fibres but doctors at the Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, could not tell what had caused it.

All became clear when the patient revealed he had consumed 60 pints in the last four days - prompted by 'a domestic crisis'.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007450207,00.html

sixty pints, that's a lot!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:00 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is the "MAN" (in caps) supposed to imply that A woman could not live after downing 60 pints? Well, of course SHE could NOT.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Last edited by 2D_MASTER on Sep 28th, 2007 at 03:08 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:04 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Is the "MAN" (in caps) supposed to imply that I woman could not live after downing 60 pints? Well, of course SHE could NOT.

It's the Sun so I think sexism is highly unlikely.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:07 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

just because he drank 60 pints doesnt mean his bloodstream took in 60 pints worth of alcohol. many times the digestive system will shut down and cease metabolising in cases of extreme binge drinking.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:07 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Schecter
just because he drank 60 pints doesnt mean his bloodstream took in 60 pints worth of alcohol. many times the digestive system will shut down and cease metabolising in cases of extreme binge drinking.

I dunno... the guy had to go through 6 f*cking months of treatment afterwards... perhaps he did absorb that much alcohol.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:11 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

60 pints in four days can cause that?! I better cut down on the beer...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:22 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

damn im shocked the guy didnt get posioning.

i like to sit on teh ****ing curb drawing lines of dead people on teh ****ing ground
u kno who u ar and im comin to ****ing get u

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:53 PM
P23 is currently offline Click here to Send P23 a Private Message Find more posts by P23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

How many regular beers is 60 pints? 'Cause I've drank more than 60 beers in 4 days on numerous occasions back in school.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 04:03 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by botankus
How many regular beers is 60 pints? 'Cause I've drank more than 60 beers in 4 days on numerous occasions back in school.

that answers alot of questions stick out tongue

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 04:07 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is old news.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 04:07 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by Schecter
that answers alot of questions stick out tongue

First I thought it was 60 pints in one sitting. I was like, "Damn, now that's impressive." But then I find out it's four days???? Come on, that ain't news. That's a 4-day weekend for thousands of drunk bastards worldwide.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 04:12 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's about 2 American glasses of beer.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:18 PM
Magee

A pint is more than a 500ml can. You also probably drink piss water like bud or some thing.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:18 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

First I thought it was 60 pints in one sitting. I was like, "Damn, now that's impressive." But then I find out it's four days???? Come on, that ain't news. That's a 4-day weekend for thousands of drunk bastards worldwide.

yes

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:25 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PiruBlood
damn im shocked the guy didnt get posioning.
Isn't the dissiness and having to be in hospital, poisoning?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:28 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

1 US pint = 16 US fluid ounces... so that's 1 and 1/2 cans of beer per glass in the U.S. It was also Scotland, I doubt he was drinking weak beer like a Budweiser or Corona. Hats off to the Scots.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
1 US pint = 16 US fluid ounces... so that's 1 and 1/2 cans of beer per glass in the U.S. It was also Scotland, I doubt he was drinking weak beer like a Budweiser or Corona. Hats off to the Scots.

Glasgow is the alcoholics and knife crime capital of the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4690645.stm

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:43 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by Robtard

Seems like it would be 1-1/3 cans of beer.

Yeah, Scottish beer would kick Bud or Miller's ass. I could have probably only averaged 8 per day.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, Scottish beer would kick Bud or Miller's ass. I could have probably only averaged 8 per day.

My bad, you're correct, 12 oz in a beer can. I rarely drink beer, if I do, it's a Guiness from the tap, all other beer is shit, imo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 28th, 2007 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 06:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's likely it was a European strong lager. It might even have been "Special Brew" favoured by the scots and almost a Barley Wine at about 9% proof.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 06:15 PM