KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Life, Liberty And The Pursuit Of ...

Life, Liberty And The Pursuit Of ...
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

Life, Liberty And The Pursuit Of ...

LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF ...
(please log in to view the image)
... WELL, WHAT, EXACTLY?

Hello all ...

The American Declaration of Independence pledged the following on July 4th 1776:

'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.'

They are fine words on the face of it, but that's all they ever were. Even when they were written it was already far from self-evident that all men (notice 'men') were created equal as the Christian religion and its bigoted extremists imposed their iron will on the population. If you were a Christian child you were immediately more equal than one who was not. Also, many of the key people in the founding of America, based, they claimed, on those declared values, were slave owners.

Today, the idea that everyone is created equal, or at least continues to be so within seconds of their birth, is ludicrous. In the United States the opportunity gap is utterly obscene as we see grotesque poverty amid almost unimaginable wealth.

So let's amend that a little in the light of reality: 'All men are created equal, but we soon put a stop to that'.

Then there's the bit about people being 'endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,[i/] [and] that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness'.

A right to life? Some 50,000 people were killed as a result of the war that led to this very declaration and hundreds of millions have died at the hands of American troops and policies alone in the centuries that have followed. Did the more than a million Iraqi civilians so far killed by invasion and sanctions have an unalienable ('incapable of being surrendered') right to life?? Words are easy - being them is something else.

Okay, another quick re-write in the light of events:

'... all men are created equal, but we soon put a stop to that; they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights and among these are Life, unless we decide otherwise.'

The reference to the unalienable right to 'Liberty' is at the heart of America's self-image and many other countries across the world, including Britain and, astonishingly, the fascist European Union. The United States is the 'Land of Liberty', the 'Land of the Free'. I know that's true because they keep telling me.

But what does freedom and liberty really mean in this context? Of course, it means the freedom to agree with the prevailing 'wisdom', the freedom to conform and the liberty to complain about the government knowing that it will make no difference. Even then, don't complain too loudly or effectively or there will be someone at the door.

People like Cindy Sheehan can't even speak out against the death of her soldier son and the manipulated war that killed him in Iraq without facing the wrath of government agencies, the armchair John Waynes and the lilly-livers in the mainstream media. The idea that the United States, or anywhere else on this planet, is a place of true freedom is just a mantraed myth designed to make the slaves believe they are free.

So:

... all men are created equal, but we soon put a stop to that; they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, and among these are Life, unless we decide otherwise, and the Liberty to agree and conform.'

Now, that 'right to pursue happiness'. Well, first of all the pursuit of happiness is a mugs game because while you are pursuing something you never actually get there. It is like sitting on a carousel spending your whole life in pursuit of the horse's arse in front.

'Now you are at the end of your life, how would you sum it up?'

'I chased a horse's arse.'

'What all your life?'

'Yes.'

'Did you catch it?'

'No, it was always just too far away, but I thought I was getting closer once.'

'Faster, faster ... I want to be happy ...

Surely the 'right' to pursue happiness should relate to being happy, not forever trying to get there. Even then, most of the time people are pressured not to do what makes them happy if that is at odds with what officially constitutes being happy - a bigger house, bigger car, and, increasingly, bigger fridge. All of them are equine rear-ends in disguise.

Look at my lovely big house ...

I'm not saying that people shouldn't want or have what they desire in terms of home, car, fridge, money, whatever; but as a way to find true happiness they are illusions, false trails and white rabbits. Happiness and contentment comes from within, not from bricks and mortar or a new set of wheels. The pursuit of happiness is really the pursuit of what the system has decided should make you happy - not what actually does. Therefore:

'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, but we soon put a stop to that; they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, unless we decide otherwise, Liberty to agree and conform, and the pursuit of happiness, so long as we define what should make you happy.'

There, that's more like it.

But at least the American Declaration of Independence includes the word 'happiness'. Usually it is never referred to by governments, nor seen as a legitimate desire. Indeed, the entire global system is designed to deny people states of happiness and bliss because they are not good for business or control.

To keep us in line and our spirit in traction they have to maintain us in varying degrees of unhappiness. I have observed in myself and others over the years that when we say we are 'happy', it is really a state of being less unhappy than usual.

Most humans have never known happiness, only greater or lesser levels of unhappiness. I have experienced our natural state of bliss here and there and I can tell you that the word 'happiness' does not even begin to suffice. It is a 'being' where you are everything and everything is you. 'Happiness'?, blimey. That is as nothing compared to this state of Infinite Awareness, Infinite 'Is-ness'.

And it is not something you 'pursue'; it is something you are.

Those forces that manipulate this collective reality are terrified that humanity will realise that it needs to stop pursuing and start to be. The carousel analogy is appropriate here again. How can we connect and communicate with that which is still and in a no-time state while we are hurtling around at break-neck speed in frantic pursuit of everything?

[]'Quiiiiiik ... must dash, must run ... look at the time ... I have to be happy by twenty past three ...'

I went to Hong Kong once and found the most blatant example of what I am talking about here. I have never seen so many buses, trams, trains and ferries, one after the other, most of them full. The streets were packed with people with deadened eyes moving, moving, moving ... must go, must go, must go. It looked to me like someone had once shouted 'fire' and the panic has never stopped.

Where were they all going? Why were they going there? Did they even know?

No offence to Hong Kong, though, because you find the same in towns and cities all over the world. I was on a TV show early one morning at the massive Canary Wharf office complex in London and, by the time it was over, the train station inside the building was spewing out its fodder for another 'day at the office'.

I stood there as they poured past me, ant-like, with their lifeless faces and distant eyes betraying no joy, no zest, nor spirit. Conveyor-belt people in their conveyor-belt world. The system had got them and they were now its servants and slaves.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 01:55 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Mention of ants is appropriate because ant colonies work by following the vibrational messages broadcast by the queen. That's how they know what to do, where to go, to serve the colony.

There is a human version of this, also, with 'the system' playing the queen. Appropriately, those who have created and manipulate the system worship the 'Great Queen' or goddess of Babylon and elsewhere, and it is their system that communicates to the mass of worker-people to dictate what they will and will not do.

'Isn't it great to be free?'
'Oh yes, the queen was telling me that only the other day.'

It is the system, founded on fresh-air money, selling a false reality and equating happiness to possessions, that keeps the carousel zipping around at an ever faster pace. It is the every-repeating circle that claims to be heading somewhere. Roll up, roll up and take a magical ride back to where you started. As John Lennon put it in Working Class Hero:

As soon as you're born they make you feel small,
By giving you no time instead of it all,

Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all,

They hurt you at home and they hit you at school,
They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool,
Till you're so ****ing crazy you can't follow their rules,

When they've tortured and scared you for twenty odd years,
Then they expect you to pick a career,
When you can't really function you're so full of fear,

Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV,
And you think you're so clever and classless and free,
But you're still ****ing peasants as far as I can see,

There's room at the top they are telling you still,
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill,
If you want to be like the folks on the hill.

There is another way.

The system gets you by fear of not surviving. It gets you by fear of what other people think. It gets you by implanting constant insecurity. And it gets you through a belief that the accumulation of 'things' is the route to happiness.

In short, to quote Oscar Wilde, it wants you to know 'the price of everything, but the value of nothing'.

..The fear of not surviving makes people serve the system and obey its reality as the only way to ensure financial survival.

..The fear of what other people think makes people conform to what is acceptable to everyone else, thus becoming a clone of those whose condemnation or ridicule they fear.

..The implantation of insecurity means that people look outside of themselves for their sense of security and self in the way that other people view them. Their insecurity is desperate to be seen as successful and so they have to succeed in the system's terms because these 'other people' are programmed to see 'success' in the same way. To them, if you are poor but happy you are a failure. 'What do you mean you don't want a Ferrari? Idiot.'

..A belief in the equation of possessions = happiness means that you pursue the accumulation of more and bigger 'things' believing that at some time you'll have so many cars, houses and bank accounts that you will pass the threshold into 'happiness'. I have met a lot of rich people, not many of them happy.

But let us look at those four points from another angle.

Firstly, it is impossible not to survive because we are Infinite Consciousness incapable of 'death', which makes fear of not surviving the ultimate self-delusion. You can leave the body, yes, as everyone does eventually (thank goodness), but you cannot cease to be.

Even in a financial sense you will always have what you need as long as you flow with your heart intuition - your connection to Infinite Self - and don't let mind and emotion block that flow by fear of being without or seeing yourself as a victim of circumstance.

Fear of what other people think (notice the recurring four-letter-word here) is overcome once you realise that how others see you doesn't matter. They'll think something else tomorrow. And what are we doing conceding our uniqueness to those who don't even respect our right to be different? Sod 'em, I say.

Closely related to that is the need to find security in how other people see us because we do not have the inner-security that has no desire to be seen in any way whatsoever. We don't have to 'succeed' by the system's rules just because the system-minds of others will only then acknowledge our 'success'.

In fact, we don't even need to succeed at all. What is that, anyway? It's all subjective and perspective. We just need to follow our heart, our passion, and what is, is. What we call 'success' and 'failure' is just a point of observation at a point in what we call 'time'. From an out-of-body perspective the two might be switched, and invariably are.

And so back to happiness. To be happy, we need to stop looking for it, stop pursuing it, and certainly stop seeking it out in the shopping mall or real estate office.

Just be happy. We spend so much time seeking that we forget to find. It is not about what makes us happy, but what makes us unhappy that we need to identify. What is it that puts us into that state we call unhappiness?

That's the key to 'finding' happiness, contentment and joy because we are already all of those things; it is our natural state as Infinite Awareness. So what is creating the barrier to experiencing that, to being what we already are?

The answer is almost always some irrelevant bollocks that we build into something much greater than it really is. We take life too bloody seriously and that can make a mole hill look like the Himalayas.

We want to be happy? Okay let's be happy. From this moment beeeee happy and just laugh because it's all a cosmic joke anyway. Isn't that right, Mona?

'Si, si ... Two peanuts walk into a bar. One was a salted ...'

... I used to be schizophrenic, but we're all right now ...'

'A horse goes into a bar and someone says: "Hey buddy, why the long face" ...'

'... What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh .......'

What makes us happy? Nothing does, for nothing can. We are already happy, already incarnated bliss. We have just forgotten.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 01:55 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very Esoteric. Although I agree possessions do not make people happy. I think time does. Time and lack of stress.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 03:14 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Good job, you're a nutcase

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 03:32 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

constipation forum

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 03:56 PM
smoker4 is currently offline Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

quote: (post)
Originally posted by smoker4
constipation forum

LOL @ wordplay.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 04:00 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

laughing out loud If you thin kthe US has it bad...go abroad...somewhere like Somalia.

I've never seen such a sh*t-filled pastiche before. Congratulations Deano! You still have yet to make a point..

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 04:09 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Alliance
laughing out loud If you thin kthe US has it bad...go abroad...somewhere like Somalia.

I've never seen such a sh*t-filled pastiche before. Congratulations Deano! You still have yet to make a point..

pfft

We both know Somalia doesn't exist

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 04:11 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah. Its a conspiracy by the US government to enslave those without the chosen bloodline.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 05:58 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

thanks zeberdee for your mature opinion. shame everyone else has to act like kids

its no conspiracy, its just the cold hard truth. like it or lump it

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 06:33 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Alliance
Yeah. Its a conspiracy by the US government to enslave those without the chosen bloodline.

But really, we all know the US government is really under the power of trans dimensional reptilians trying to keep us (the clones) enslaved smile

Originally posted by Deano
thanks zeberdee for your mature opinion. shame everyone else has to act like kids

hey, the Somalia hoax is so obvious, its right there in our faces, they are laughing at us, and we will never be happy until we walk up from the allegorical cave

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 06:43 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

More shit from our copy and paste expert.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 06:45 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

The truth is rarely hard.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 06:49 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's important to note that not everything that fits your agenda is true.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 07:07 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i can copy and paste what i want. some people may want to read it. if you dont, then clear off out the thread. simple.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 07:56 PM
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Welcome back Deano! I disagree with some of the things you are saying to a point.

Do you think we are really at war b/c we need to be?

Or are we at war to shift through the wheat?

And why would she(CS) be the poster child/adult for all things unfair when other parents may not feel the same way OR other parents would like to be the poster-adult but wouldn't be accepted?

I see that you are trying to cover all possible angles of arguments, slow down a bit. Either way, it's nice to see you again!

What culture or background are your from? You can PM the answer if you don't want to state it online. I would like to know if you were cultivated to think this way or if it was something eye opening that guided you into your current position.

Originally posted by lord xyz

+1
That's true for everyone who has an agenda.

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Sep 30th, 2007 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 09:06 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

What you're saying is true possessions do not make someone happy.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 09:14 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

*takes a shit on thread*

Ah, thats better.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 10:17 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lord xyz
That deserves to be requoted in lots of threads.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 10:22 PM