KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do we form any kind of meaningfull relationships online?

Do we form any kind of meaningfull relationships online?
Started by: Zebedee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do we form any kind of meaningfull relationships online?

Do you consider the people you come across online real friends or enimies or just words or a name on a screen. Are the people real to you as people.
I don't want you to include anyone you may have met from online or knew prior to conversing with people online. Only the ones you speak to totally through a computer.

How real are they to you?

Last edited by Dexter_Morgan on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 06:12 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

im fairly certain that im not conversing with any sort of AI, so yes they are real to me.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 06:13 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

studies have shown online relationships to be as meaningful as real world ones

it depends on the individual of course

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 06:34 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inimalist
studies have shown online relationships to be as meaningful as real world ones

it depends on the individual of course

I wasn't asking about studies inimalist. I was asking about you and other members. How real are we to you?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 06:36 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Real world relationships aren't even real to inimalist.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 09:18 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

depends on the person, depends on the level of trust.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 09:20 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Do we form any kind of meaningfull relationships online?

Originally posted by Zebedee
Do you consider the people you come across online real friends or enimies or just words or a name on a screen. Are the people real to you as people.
I don't want you to include anyone you may have met from online or knew prior to conversing with people online. Only the ones you speak to totally through a computer.

How real are they to you?

This doesn't apply to every member of KMC but to me some are just names and pretty pictures on the screen of my PC.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 09:24 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see them as people I'll probably never meet, or know as *insert screenname here*. The relationships are meaningful, but I feel my real-life relationships more meaningful. That's probably why I come off as such an *******.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 09:43 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

They are equal to me.

I judge them on a case to case basis.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:00 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

I agree with xyz.

The way I address people on KMC, I almost never do in real life, since I care far more about the people in my actual life, than here on this website.

LOLZ ROMLA RAPE LOL MMM COCK

8======D

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:07 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
I agree with xyz.

The way I address people on KMC, I almost never do in real life, since I care far more about the people in my actual life, than here on this website.

LOLZ ROMLA RAPE LOL MMM COCK

8======D
I don't care more for them, I just don't feel as embarrassed by certain behavior online.

Online it is much easier to know people I think. The group dynamics are more obvious and flow more freely.

Sounding bullshitty, is true though.

Take KMC, I think I know 30 people there decently, 10 more closely and 2 as good as any of my friends in real life. That just doesn't happen as easily in real life. Not to me at least. Though I might be slightly anti social.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:12 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't care more for them, I just don't feel as embarrassed by certain behavior online.

Online it is much easier to know people I think. The group dynamics are more obvious and flow more freely.

Sounding bullshitty, is true though.

Take KMC, I think I know 30 people there decently, 10 more closely and 2 as good as any of my friends in real life. That just doesn't happen as easily in real life. Not to me at least. Though I might be slightly anti social.

Ummm....I kinda agree with you, but in reality, i care far more for my family, freinds, and anyone I hooked up with than most of the people here on KMC.

The only people I truly consider(ed) freinds here on KMC are: Shakymunison, Rogue Jedi, and Smiter (Sixty Nine)

I actually speak to them outside of KMC.

After them, I do value people like Lil B, Debbiejo, Mr. Master, Mider999, Takion, and a few others.

Anyone else can eat my feces stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:20 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:35 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

I don't.

Anybody could be an online pedophile, so I refuse to get personal with them.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:38 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I consider some people on KMC my friends. I know one personally.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ozone
I don't.

Anybody could be an online pedophile, so I refuse to get personal with them.

Anyone could be an offline murderer, doesn't stop you going out does it?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:41 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Anyone could be an offline murderer, doesn't stop you going out does it?

-AC

No, it doesn't. Point?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:42 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Don't listen to him, he's obviously just trying to get your gaurd down.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:43 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ozone
No, it doesn't. Point?

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:45 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Don't listen to him, he's obviously just trying to get your gaurd down.

Don't listen to him either, he's trying to seem like he's protecting you to get your guard down.

Originally posted by InnerRise

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Was it the lack of logic? Or did you genuinely think that an effective counter?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:46 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote