KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » School bans Halloween and Christmas!

School bans Halloween and Christmas!
Started by: ADarksideJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Miffed School bans Halloween and Christmas!

Ok according t o the news.I think this is in cleveland ohio or some state.Parents are getting mad becaue the school is not letting kids celebrate or dress up for Halloween but instead can celebrate a muslim celebration.
I forget the name.Anyone find this horrible?THis is the states not India or whatever why does this school ban this?I cna understand Christmas but not halloween?Anyone argee or disargee with this?jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 01:56 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Halloween is evil and promotes devil worship smile

More likely there is a huge Islamic population or this is an extreme PC reaction thing.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 02:12 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halloween isn't even a big deal over here, which is kind of sad because I always thought it was a potentially fun idea.

Over here kids buy cheap masks, put no effort in and just go around with trash bags asking for candy.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 02:54 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Halloween is fun!

I'm going to a bunch of scary houses next week!!

------->>>

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 02:56 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Re: School bans Halloween and Christmas!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Ok according t o the news.I think this is in cleveland ohio or some state.Parents are getting mad becaue the school is not letting kids celebrate or dress up for Halloween but instead can celebrate a muslim celebration.
I forget the name.Anyone find this horrible?THis is the states not India or whatever why does this school ban this?I cna understand Christmas but not halloween?Anyone argee or disargee with this?jm

Jackie, you made a thread on this topic last year. Don't ask how I remember, but I somehow do. Just bump that one and we can...eh, to hell with it.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 05:31 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

As much as I hate replying to a Jackie-topic in seriousness, my former elementary school has done away with Halloween and now has a "Fall Festival" or some crap. It didn't bother me, but one of the moms got all pissy and invited kids over to her house for a party.

I really didn't care, as I find costumes to be annoying.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 05:55 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

what is the sugar industry going to do now? oh, that's right, they'll displace any lose into the beauty industry (skin care), so now, we have skin care products with sugar granites (used to exfoliate the skin, but the skin is porous ,and ppl can develop diabetes of the skin, and rashes, yeast, and fungus due to the sugar if it's not rinsed off good enough, plus, that stuff can go straight to the blood stream).

i got in trouble many years ago (about 6 years ago), b/c i didn't support lower taxes on a sugar company, they were aggressively seeking support, esp. via the christian community, to have lower or no tax at all. i mean, sugar is in just about most processed foods and now, in cosmetics, what do they want from ppl, they are making billions off of a substance that can cause diabetes and they aren't getting sued for it, and when ppl have diabetes, most of these ppl dying are americans, (minorities -african americans, hispanics, etc.) having diabetes in their youth. and color or culture isn't the issue, the issue is the idea of it all, i mean, sugar from the cane, how much money does it take to extract it? it's a total cash cow. i am not sure if they want the discount to purchase a nicer jet or 10 more airplanes and they don't want to support the tax system even though they are filthy rich. i told them no, and they started bothering me, poor me, a little woman with barely any income (esp compared to the money that they have coming, putting that sugar into every mfg food product they can weasel into, all awhile, children, american children are slowly developing sickness b/c of it). they can keep halloween and x-mas, that's just a sugar mfg holiday, same with valentines and Easter, it's all about sugar. and imo, their response is like "who gives a **** about ppl dying, kids having to be on medication for life?". i know anyone can develop diabetes w/o overconsumption of sugar, but sugar is catalyst. i wonder if the sugar industry is also into pharmaceuticals. assholes (curse word is for the children suffering b/c of the sugar industry).

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Oct 12th, 2007 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 06:11 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
what is the sugar industry going to do now? oh, that's right, they'll displace any lose into the beauty industry (skin care), so now, we have skin care products with sugar granites (used to exfoliate the skin, but the skin is pores ,and ppl can develop diabetes of the skin, and rashes, yeast, and fungus due to the sugar if it's not rinsed off good enough, plus, that stuff can go straight to the blood stream)

i got in trouble many years ago, b/c i didn't support lower taxes on a sugar company, they were aggressively seeking support, esp. via the christian community, to have lower or no tax at all. i mean, sugar is in just about most processed foods and now, in cosmetics, what do they want from ppl, they are making billions off of a substance that can cause diabetes and they aren't getting sued for it, and when ppl have diabetes, most of these ppl dying are americans, (minorities -african americans, hispanics, etc.) having diabetes in their youth. and color or culture isn't the issue, the issue is the idea of it all, i mean, sugar from the cane, how much money does it take to extract it, it's a total cash cow. i am not sure if they want the discount to purchase a nicer jet or 10 more airplanes and they don't want to support the tax system even though they are filthy rich. i told them no, and they started bothering me, poor me, a little woman with barely any income (esp compared to the money that they have coming, putting that sugar into every mfg food product they can weasel into, all awhile, children, american children are slowly developing sickness b/c of it). they can keep halloween and x-mas, that's just a sugar mfg holiday, same with valentines and Easter, it's all about sugar.

Is there anything you don't turn into a conspiracy against you and blacks? My god...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 06:14 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
i got in trouble many years ago (about 6 years ago), b/c i didn't support lower taxes on a sugar company, they were aggressively seeking support, esp. via the christian community, to have lower or no tax at all. i mean, sugar is in just about most processed foods and now, in cosmetics, what do they want from ppl, they are making billions off of a substance that can cause diabetes and they aren't getting sued for it, and when ppl have diabetes, most of these ppl dying are americans, (minorities -african americans, hispanics, etc.) having diabetes in their youth. and color or culture isn't the issue, the issue is the idea of it all, i mean, sugar from the cane, how much money does it take to extract it? it's a total cash cow. i am not sure if they want the discount to purchase a nicer jet or 10 more airplanes and they don't want to support the tax system even though they are filthy rich. i told them no, and they started bothering me, poor me, a little woman with barely any income (esp compared to the money that they have coming, putting that sugar into every mfg food product they can weasel into, all awhile, children, american children are slowly developing sickness b/c of it). they can keep halloween and x-mas, that's just a sugar mfg holiday, same with valentines and Easter, it's all about sugar. and go gives a **** about ppl dying, kids having to be on medication for life. i know anyone can develop diabetes w/o overconsumption of sugar, but sugar is catalyst. i wonder if the sugar industry is also into pharmaceuticals. ass holes (curse word is for the children suffering b/c of the sugar industry).

Does anyone else get the same impression that these descriptive recollections of Corrina's storied past are simply cut and pasted from the editorial pages of college newspapers?

Or has someone else already hypothesized this?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 06:20 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smell the glove
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn right! Kids are at school to learn. Looking at the threads in this forum, most kids here could do with concentrating harder in lessons.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 06:57 PM
Smell the glove is currently offline Click here to Send Smell the glove a Private Message Find more posts by Smell the glove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well, switching souls with someone would make the greatest costume!!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 08:42 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Re: School bans Halloween and Christmas!

What the hell!? Don't say "This is the states not India". Man, you know how many things I could say back to you about that?

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 09:28 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SelphieT
What the hell!? Don't say "This is the states not India". Man, you know how many things I could say back to you about that?
I was going to mention that, but you beat me to it. Hmm.

The second to last question. It suggests they can celebrate halloween.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 09:32 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

holidays.......all holidays are best shared at home with those you agree with or support the reasons you are celebrating the holiday. There is no need to celebrate such things in a place of education, shared by thousands of others who may or may not agree with the reasons you choose to celebrate a holiday. The only exceptions I can think of are those holidays that have benefited every single person to step foot in this nation......Independence Day, Martin Luther King day, etc.

I don't see the fuss. Oh noez! I can't dress up in a costume to go to school to learn. A costume is not a pre-requisite of learning. You can still dress up in any costume you wish at home every single day of the year if you wish.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 09:35 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Originally posted by Evil Dead
holidays.......all holidays are best shared at home with those you agree with or support the reasons you are celebrating the holiday. There is no need to celebrate such things in a place of education, shared by thousands of others who may or may not agree with the reasons you choose to celebrate a holiday. The only exceptions I can think of are those holidays that have benefited every single person to step foot in this nation......Independence Day, Martin Luther King day, etc.

I don't see the fuss. Oh noez! I can't dress up in a costume to go to school to learn. A costume is not a pre-requisite of learning. You can still dress up in any costume you wish at home every single day of the year if you wish.

True dat.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 09:53 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joshb

the world is getting crazy. i think if we have to ban events (Christians) why cant they

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:01 PM
joshb is currently offline Click here to Send joshb a Private Message Find more posts by joshb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

On a personal note.

For me Halloween was a very cool holiday...when I was a child (don't take this the wrong way)

But then as growing older I started to appreciate the 4th of July more and more. It has everything I love. There is fireworks, BBQ, Baseball games, Nice sunny days.....to me Halloween is like...well, dress up in a costume and ask strangers for candy....meh. I'm an old bastard.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:05 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well, there are still all the Haunted Houses to go too. I'm not a candy fan, but I do love a good scare!!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:38 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
On a personal note.

For me Halloween was a very cool holiday...when I was a child (don't take this the wrong way)

But then as growing older I started to appreciate the 4th of July more and more. It has everything I love. There is fireworks, BBQ, Baseball games, Nice sunny days.....to me Halloween is like...well, dress up in a costume and ask strangers for candy....meh. I'm an old bastard.

i guess nobody ever invited you to a halloween party? dress like an idiot, get shitfaced, hit on scantily dressed women, whats so bad about that?

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:45 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by SelphieT

T-two?

Does anyone really care about this story?

Thought not.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:49 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote