KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Evidence needed to ban someone as a sock?

Evidence needed to ban someone as a sock?
Started by: Dual Account

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dual Account
Restricted

Account Restricted

Evidence needed to ban someone as a sock?

I have been asked to start this thread by my friend Bob. Who was recently banned from this forum as a "Sock", I work with computers and am aware sock checkers can detect proxy servers. Bob was not using a proxy. Moderators please check my i.p. and you will see I am not a sock or on a proxy either. My friend Bob also posted from an i.p. that was not on your records. He was using a London i.p. I am not. My i.p. is not a London i.p. however. Bob asked me to post this because I am one of his friends who live 60 miles from London. I would like to ask on Bobs behalf why you banned him as a sock. His account was "Alt Account". An amusing joke. Your sock checker will show you I am not a sock as it did him, so where was your evidence?

Captain Rex did the banning, so Captain Rex on Bobs behalf I am mainly asking you.

What evidence did you have?

If you're honest, you'll admit you had none!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 11:14 PM
Dual Account is currently offline Click here to Send Dual Account a Private Message Find more posts by Dual Account Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

How dare you question Captain Rex!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 11:17 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

what are you gonna do? sue?

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 11:25 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

There are some sock checkers that can detect Proxies...

But not ours. We have a sucky one.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 11:27 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

The administrater can read someone's IP address. If two IP addresses are the same then obvously someone's a sock.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 11:32 PM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dual Account
I have been asked to start this thread by my friend Bob. Who was recently banned from this forum as a "Sock", I work with computers and am aware sock checkers can detect proxy servers. Bob was not using a proxy. Moderators please check my i.p. and you will see I am not a sock or on a proxy either. My friend Bob also posted from an i.p. that was not on your records. He was using a London i.p. I am not. My i.p. is not a London i.p. however. Bob asked me to post this because I am one of his friends who live 60 miles from London. I would like to ask on Bobs behalf why you banned him as a sock. His account was "Alt Account". An amusing joke. Your sock checker will show you I am not a sock as it did him, so where was your evidence?

Captain Rex did the banning, so Captain Rex on Bobs behalf I am mainly asking you.

What evidence did you have?

If you're honest, you'll admit you had none!

lol b& nub

gtfo

(Personally, I'd use seven proxies.)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 12:21 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I knew it! Captain Kangaroo DID kill Mary Poppins, didn't he? Didn't he?!?!?!?!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 09:21 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dual Account
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackC@
The administrater can read someone's IP address. If two IP addresses are the same then obvously someone's a sock.

Well the "Administrator" did no find two i.p. addresses the same.

Captain Rex I ask again beyond supposition where was your proof about Alt. Account?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 10:45 AM
Dual Account is currently offline Click here to Send Dual Account a Private Message Find more posts by Dual Account Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Please do not open this kind of thread; raise the issue in private with the mod concerned.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 10:45 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote