KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sex Abuse: It's Not Just for Priests Anymore

Sex Abuse: It's Not Just for Priests Anymore
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

Sex Abuse: It's Not Just for Priests Anymore

quote:
"Nun Pleads No Contest in Sex Abuse" New York Times

A Roman Catholic nun pleaded no contest yesterday to two counts of indecent behavior with a child in connection with accusations from the 1960s when she was a principal and teacher at a Catholic school in Milwaukee.

The nun, Norma Giannini, 79, faces up to 20 years in prison for what prosecutors say was sexual abuse of two male students.

Although dozens of nuns have been accused of sexual abuse, often in civil lawsuits, Sister Giannini is one of the first to face criminal charges, said Anne Barrett Doyle, co-director of BishopAccountability.org, a group that compiles reports about abuse in the Roman Catholic Church.

Mary Pat Fox, president of Voice of the Faithful, a lay group formed in response to the Catholic sexual abuse scandal, said she hoped the case would encourage more victims of nuns to come forward. “I think this is the tip of the iceberg,” Ms. Fox said.

According to a criminal complaint filed by the Milwaukee County district attorney’s office, Sister Giannini repeatedly assaulted the two boys while they were in middle school at St. Patrick School. The complaint said the assaults included intercourse and occurred in numerous locations, including a convent and a classroom.

The men who say they were abused, Gerald Kobs and James St. Patrick, now in their 50s, attended Monday’s hearing in Milwaukee.

“This is just a tragic situation for everyone involved,” said Sister Betty Smith, president of the Regional Community of Chicago of the Sisters of Mercy, the religious order to which Sister Giannini belongs.

Sister Smith said Sister Giannini had been removed from work with minors after one of the men came forward with accusations in 1992. She will be sentenced on Feb. 1.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:18 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Now we just need to know in what way her husband was involved.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:32 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Now we just need to know in what way her husband was involved.

God has nothing to do with it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
God has nothing to do with it.

I dunno. I saw a show last night that had a catholic priest who said that most of the "miracles" in the old testament were the work of Aliens. (Certainly not more insane that the idea that some all powerful space daddy is floating above our heads, but a suprise, none the less.) What if Alien abductions are just perverted angels, molesting the human race?

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:59 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Devil King
I dunno. I saw a show last night that had a catholic priest who said that most of the "miracles" in the old testament were the work of Aliens. (Certainly not more insane that the idea that some all powerful space daddy is floating above our heads, but a suprise, none the less.) What if Alien abductions are just perverted angels, molesting the human race?

He isn't very Catholic then, I guess. But yes, his ideas aren't any more absurd.

Then Michael and Gabriel have some explaining to do, because those "abductions", almost always involve an anal probing or two.

This nun story, is just further proof that the Catholic church should go back to old ways and let the preist and nuns marry/have sex. No, I'm not implying that lack of sex turns people into pedophiles, but it allowing them to have sex, couldn't hurt.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 13th, 2007 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 08:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
He isn't very Catholic then, I guess. But yes, his ideas aren't any more absurd.

The show mentioned that the vaticans official spokesman on teh subject has said that the Church believes UFOs exist, and that they're extraterrestrial. What truth there is to that, I don't know.

As for the Nun, I've never understood how the church can say that homosexuality is the giving in to fleshly urges, which go against the natural urge to reproduce...all the while disallowing the clergy to express those god given urges themselves. But I get what you're saying about no sex=pedophilia. I'd say that some part of pedophilia has something to do with the culture of youth we have in most of teh world.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 08:27 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

BECAUSE CHRISTIANITY IS STOOPID

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 08:29 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
BECAUSE CHRISTIANITY IS STOOPID

I was under the impression that you didn't think catholicism was a legitimate branch of Christianity?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 08:55 PM
chithappens

Maybe they were innfluenced by the words of Socrates and Plato on true friendship.

I honestly can't understand where any of this molesting shit comes from. Get some grown pussy/dick. Damn

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 10:48 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by chithappens
Maybe they were innfluenced by the words of Socrates and Plato on true friendship.

I honestly can't understand where any of this molesting shit comes from. Get some grown pussy/dick. Damn

I never understood it either. I clearly states that a Bishop should be married in the new testament.

Timothy Chapter 3: 2, 12

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

I am not saying that that would solve the problem, but requiring the priests to be married my prevent SOME problems.

As for the nuns....where did that concept come from?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 10:59 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

She's 79. I bet her boobs are all saggy.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 11:15 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Devil King
I was under the impression that you didn't think catholicism was a legitimate branch of Christianity?

You have me confused with Marchello.

The whole "can't marry" bit comes from Paul's words, when he writes that he wishes everyone weren't married...but, again, there's the problem of taking that verse out of context.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 12:04 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Was she hot back then?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 03:53 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Was she hot back then?

Exactly...I wouldn't have minded being molested by Julie Andrews from sound of music when I was a boy. no expression

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 04:59 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
You have me confused with Marchello.

How could that have happened?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 08:10 PM
anaconda
Jukebox

quote:
Exactly...I wouldn't have minded being molested by Julie Andrews from sound of music when I was a boy.
doe a deer a female deer................. eek!

never argue with an idiot, they only drag you down to their level and beat you by experience

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 08:24 PM
anaconda is currently offline Click here to Send anaconda a Private Message Find more posts by anaconda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by anaconda
doe a deer a female deer................. eek!

Ray, a drop of golden suuuuuun..

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 08:40 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I dont think being married would be the answer.

Presidents are all married and they still manage to give whole countries an illegal f***ing.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 01:16 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Was the nun hot?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 01:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Probably was..... Thats why the habit was probably removed, I'd bet.
Otherwise working up a dirty sex-sweat would probably be too much, temperature wise... Sex case nuns must ventilate somehow....

Except for Alien Sex Nuns.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 01:20 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote