KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Hate Crime statistics, USA 2006

Hate Crime statistics, USA 2006
Started by: lil bitchiness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lil bitchiness
-

Hate Crime statistics, USA 2006

Taken from FBI website -

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2006/table1.html

I have cited the number of Offenses. On the website you can find the number of offenders and victims.

Anti-White 1,008
Anti-Black 3,136
Anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native 72
Anti-Asian/Pacific Islander 230
Anti-Multiple Races, Group 291

Anti-Jewish 1,027
Anti-Catholic 81
Anti-Protestant 62
Anti-Islamic 191
Anti-Other Religion 140
Anti-Multiple Religions, Group 88
Anti-Atheism/Agnosticism/etc. 8

Anti-Male Homosexual 881
Anti-Female Homosexual 192
Anti-Homosexual 293
Anti-Heterosexual 28
Anti-Bisexual 21

Anti-Hispanic 770
Anti-Other Ethnicity/National Origin 463
Disability: 94
Anti-Physical 20
Anti-Mental 74

Thoughts? Any surprise at the stats?
Or is this more or less what everyone thought the hate crime list would look like?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 12:16 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Somewhat unclear exactly what is being referred to in the 'anti-homosexual' entry.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 12:19 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Somewhat unclear exactly what is being referred to in the 'anti-homosexual' entry.

Not directed at any particular sex...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 12:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah, Anti Homosexual is odd to me too.

The rest, I don't know, not sure what reasons it has that Anti Black is largest group. FOTN will of course say cause Whites hate Blacks genetically. But maybe there are other reasons, like it being more common to be persecuted as such.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 12:37 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bardock42

The rest, I don't know, not sure what reasons it has that Anti Black is largest group. FOTN will of course say cause Whites hate Blacks genetically. But maybe there are other reasons, like it being more common to be persecuted as such.

One could run some stats and make an inference.

One out of every 12 thousand African Americans were hated on...

One out of every 213 thousand whites were hated on...

Looks like there is a lot of hatin' on blacks per person. no expression I guess that is pretty said considering.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:01 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

3 White guys jump and rob a black guy just for his money and they are caught..hate crime charged.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:07 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by KidRock
3 White guys jump and rob a black guy just for his money and they are caught..hate crime charged.

I don't think so. I believe that in those numbers, distinguishes are GENERALLY made to eliminate measurements like that.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:11 AM
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

whew, im hated for being white and a female gay, but at least people dont mind that im athiest!

does this work?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:25 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Re: Hate Crime statistics, USA 2006

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Taken from FBI website -

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2006/table1.html

I have cited the number of Offenses. On the website you can find the number of offenders and victims.

Anti-White 1,008
Anti-Black 3,136
Anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native 72
Anti-Asian/Pacific Islander 230
Anti-Multiple Races, Group 291

Anti-Jewish 1,027
Anti-Catholic 81
Anti-Protestant 62
Anti-Islamic 191
Anti-Other Religion 140
Anti-Multiple Religions, Group 88
Anti-Atheism/Agnosticism/etc. 8

Anti-Male Homosexual 881
Anti-Female Homosexual 192
Anti-Homosexual 293
Anti-Heterosexual 28
Anti-Bisexual 21

Anti-Hispanic 770
Anti-Other Ethnicity/National Origin 463
Disability: 94
Anti-Physical 20
Anti-Mental 74

Thoughts? Any surprise at the stats?
Or is this more or less what everyone thought the hate crime list would look like?

Why do American statistics of hate crimes here interest you?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:28 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because there are more of them. Plus, I'm willing to bet there's more American members registered on this site, than any other nationality.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:37 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Because there are more of them. Plus, I'm willing to bet there's more American members registered on this site, than any other nationality.

That may not have been his point...but it is an interesting point of view on his question.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:41 AM
Quiero Mota

Because there are more of them.

Every country has its hate crimes, and there's no way to know if America has most. Most reported, maybe.

But it was another way of asking why so many threads are so American centric.

Plus, I'm willing to bet there's more American members registered on this site, than any other nationality.

Why do you believe that?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:42 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bardock42

Probably because violence against non-blacks is rarely labeled a "hate crime", but just a crime. While if a white, asian, hispanic man assaults a black man, "hate crime" is knee-jerkingly attached to the crime.

Edit:
I believe this came up in one or Czarina's rant-post, Adam POE posted proof/example of what I said above, to back up the same claim I made in that thread.

If I recall, one case have 5-6 white people raping and beating a black women, all six caucasians where charged with a "hate crime", besides rape and assualt. The other case had 5-6 black men who raped, beat and killed a white couple (yes, they anally raped him too); a "hate crime" label was attempted, but it was refused by the courts.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 21st, 2007 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:44 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Re: Hate Crime statistics, USA 2006

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Anti-White 1,008
Anti-Black 3,136

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:47 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Probably because violence against non-blacks is rarely labeled a "hate crime", but just a crime. While if a white, asian, hispanic man assaults a black man, "hate crime" is knee-jerkingly attached to the crime.

If that is true for these statistics...then yeah....that would explain the huge difference. However, you would think that the crime would only be labeled as anti-African American IF the assaulter indicated that as the reason.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:47 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
If that is true for these statistics...then yeah....that would explain the huge difference. However, you would think that the crime would only be labeled as anti-African American IF the assaulter indicated that as the reason.

I edited and gave an example for my claim, it's a double standard; it's B.S.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:50 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by dadudemon
Not directed at any particular sex...

A very fuzzy answer which simply invites more questions.

My original statement remains unchanged- it is unclear what it means.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:50 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Originally posted by Robtard
I edited and gave an example for my claim, it's a double standard; it's B.S.

Still, it's not like there wasn't an antecedent to the double standard.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:51 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Every country has its hate crimes, and there's no way to know if America has most. Most reported, maybe.
But it was another way of asking why so many threads are so American centric.

Why do you believe that?

Obviously as that's how crime statistics are measured, using reported crimes. If you can find a way to measure unreported crimes, then I will give you a medal made out of my testicles.

Threads are American centric for two reasons, I believe. The first is relevance, information posted has to be relevant to a large group of people here, otherwise people won't care. The comings and goings of America, is not just relevant to American citizens but to a number of other nationalities. Therefore, it makes more sense to post about the things going on in America, because people can relate. Secondly, there's the issue of power, America has an extremely large amount of power in the world, I believe that other nationalities feel endeared to show that there is a negative, to living in such a powerful country.

I believe that there are more American members here because - more than half of the members on here, that I've seen posting, or have talked to, are American.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:52 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Still, it's not like there wasn't an antecedent to the double standard.

What someone's great great grandfather did to someone else's great great grandfather is NO excuse for a double standard today.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:54 AM