KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Quality of a Mitsubishi

Quality of a Mitsubishi
Started by: Kumar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kumar
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere between your world and Th

Quality of a Mitsubishi

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the News and Communications forum or here so i decided here because i figured i would get more feedback.

Does anyone know how reliable Mitsubishis are? Some ******* totalled my car and i'm looking for a new one. I ran across a cool 1991 Eclipse and it has 112,000 miles on it and i was wondering if that was too much for a car like that. Because in know Hondas can go for freakin ever, like 250k and they are known for that. So i was curious as to if Misubishis were known for lasting long as well.

So some feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks guys.


__________________

I will live Forever

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 04:52 AM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: The epitome of my evolution.

Account Restricted

You should totally kill the guy that did that.


__________________


Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:05 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Gender: Male
Location: The 623

Re: Quality of a Mitsubishi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kumar
I wasn't sure whether to post this in the News and Communications forum or here so i decided here because i figured i would get more feedback.

Does anyone know how reliable Mitsubishis are? Some ******* totalled my car and i'm looking for a new one. I ran across a cool 1991 Eclipse and it has 112,000 miles on it and i was wondering if that was too much for a car like that. Because in know Hondas can go for freakin ever, like 250k and they are known for that. So i was curious as to if Misubishis were known for lasting long as well.

So some feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks guys.


How much are they asking for, for the Mitsubishi? For a '91 with 122,000 miles on it, I wouldn't pay for more than 5 or 6 thousand bucks. And yes, Mitsubishi's last a long time, just like their rival Hondas. Especially Mistubishi trucks; those things can really take a beating.


__________________

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:15 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere between your world and Th

well, it has 112k on it and they guy is asking like, $3900 which, after consulting blue book, i found was a really good deal.
Do they last just as long as Hondas or similarly, give or take 25,000 miles?

(thanks for the speedy feedback btw big grin )


__________________

I will live Forever

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:20 AM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Gender: Male
Location: The 623

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kumar
well, it has 112k on it and they guy is asking like, $3900 which, after consulting blue book, i found was a really good deal.
Do they last just as long as Hondas or similarly, give or take 25,000 miles?

(thanks for the speedy feedback btw big grin )


$3,900? Take it.

Not quite as long, but certainly much more so than a modern Kia or mid/late 90's soccer mom Ford. I'd place your average Mitsubishi at ~25-30k less than your average Honda. Which is still pretty damn good.


__________________

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:27 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere between your world and Th

thats very good news


__________________

I will live Forever

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:53 AM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

Re: Re: Quality of a Mitsubishi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
How much are they asking for, for the Mitsubishi? For a '91 with 122,000 miles on it, I wouldn't pay for more than 5 or 6 thousand bucks. And yes, Mitsubishi's last a long time, just like their rival Hondas. Especially Mistubishi trucks; those things can really take a beating.


This guy knows more about cars than I do but I would have to agree with this guy for the most part....however, I would not pay 5 or 6 thousand unless it was in mint condition...I would only pay 3 to 4 thousand.

I have a honda accord and it has over 225,000 on it and it is a 97. It has no engine or transmission problems at all and I am thoroughly pleased with that quality...the driver window motor broke because an idiot was forcing the window down as hard as he could while someone else rolled the window up... mad


__________________

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 06:32 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Gender: Male
Location: The 623

Re: Re: Re: Quality of a Mitsubishi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
This guy knows more about cars than I do but I would have to agree with this guy for the most part....however, I would not pay 5 or 6 thousand unless it was in mint condition...I would only pay 3 to 4 thousand.

I have a honda accord and it has over 225,000 on it and it is a 97. It has no engine or transmission problems at all and I am thoroughly pleased with that quality...the driver window motor broke because an idiot was forcing the window down as hard as he could while someone else rolled the window up... mad


It's not very difficult to maintain a Japanese car in mint comdition, compared to it's American and European counterparts. The average Amercian automobile only has an average lifespan of 5-8 years, as opposed to 17-20 on a Honda. That's why its not at all surprising to me that your ten year old Honda has no tranny problems despite its high mileage.


__________________

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 07:14 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Robtard >>> Every Trumper

Gender: Female
Location: Captain's Chair, CA

Re: Re: Quality of a Mitsubishi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
How much are they asking for, for the Mitsubishi? For a '91 with 122,000 miles on it, I wouldn't pay for more than 5 or 6 thousand bucks. And yes, Mitsubishi's last a long time, just like their rival Hondas. Especially Mistubishi trucks; those things can really take a beating.


True that, I drive a 97 (full size) Montero as a second car now, that thing is a trooper, it has 110k miles and it doesn't burn any oil and it runs like a top... it was my wife's daily driver for years; it survived, that is definitely saying something about the durability of that truck.


__________________


You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 07:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Gender: Male
Location: The 623

thumb up I like Monteros. Definitely a workhorse.


__________________

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 07:45 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Gender: Male
Location: Welfare Kingdom of California

Toyota>Mitsubishi.

Don't believe me? Drive from L.A. to S.D on a 2005 Corolla and then tell me how much gas you saved.


__________________

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 12:36 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabrea
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location:

I know the older Mitsubishi's are usually pretty good cars. I'm not too sure about the new ones, I haven't heard anything great about them though. But seeing as it's a 1991 you're looking at, it should be pretty good. But when you're buying older used cars, a lot really does depend on the owner and how the treated it and took care of it. You might want to go look at it and make sure everything ok before you make a decision - and if you don't know a lot about cars bring someone with you who can check everything out.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 04:49 PM
Sabrea is currently offline Click here to Send Sabrea a Private Message Find more posts by Sabrea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Gender: Male
Location: The 623

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Toyota>Mitsubishi.

Don't believe me? Drive from L.A. to S.D on a 2005 Corolla and then tell me how much gas you saved.


FCR isn't the one hinging factor on what makes a model or make good. But I agree with you, I'd take a Toy over a Mistubishi any. Modern Toyota trucks are really nice. My only complaint about Toyotas is that they tend to have overly sensitive steering.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sabrea
But when you're buying older used cars, a lot really does depend on the owner and how the treated it and took care of it. You might want to go look at it and make sure everything ok before you make a decision - and if you don't know a lot about cars bring someone with you who can check everything out.


That's common sense.


__________________

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 06:31 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Pittsburgh

mitsubishi, they're not built ford tough..., thats a good thing. Mitsubishi has become a high performance machines able to be enjoyed by most any level of income. They are also, rising in the ranks of reliability. I have a 96 eclipse. It has nearly 110 thousand miles on it. It has never been in the shop for mechanical failure. I doubt i would buy any car with 112 thousand miles on it though. Not for 4 grand. Mitsubishi's arent exactly rare or exotic. you can always find one for sale with a reasonable asking price. I suppose if the guy selling the car allows you to take it and have it looked over at a shop. It might be worth it though


__________________
"If you tell the truth, you never have to remember anything" -Twain
(sig by Scythe)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 06:46 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Gender: Male
Location: Cydonia, Mars

As long as you do regular oil changes, keep enough water in the radiator and donīt thrash it when the engines cold the engine will outlast the other car parts.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 07:01 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Ukiah

quote:
Toyota>Mitsubishi.
BS it is proven that mitsubishi has better gas milage than toyota, Toyota has great cars indeed, but comming from a country that has a price on petrol like 12,97 NKR a litre / in US meassuress since you yanks cant handle measurments of a different value is that it is 3,8 litre in a US gallon and the dollar is 5,8 in our currency meaning that a gallon of gas here costs 8,5 dollars a gallon, point is MB has better gas milage than Toyota, i have had both cars and Toyota cant compare to the MB I have now


__________________
Lord save me from your followers

never argue with an idiot, they only drag you down to their level and beat you by experience

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:38 AM
anaconda is currently offline Click here to Send anaconda a Private Message Find more posts by anaconda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Gender: Female
Location: Michigan


__________________
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Last edited by Deja~vu on Dec 9th, 2007 at 01:57 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 01:49 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Gender: Male
Location: The 623

quote: (post)
Originally posted by anaconda
BS it is proven that mitsubishi has better gas milage than toyota, Toyota has great cars indeed, but comming from a country that has a price on petrol like 12,97 NKR a litre / in US meassuress since you yanks cant handle measurments of a different value is that it is 3,8 litre in a US gallon and the dollar is 5,8 in our currency meaning that a gallon of gas here costs 8,5 dollars a gallon, point is MB has better gas milage than Toyota, i have had both cars and Toyota cant compare to the MB I have now


I've also owned both a Toyota and a Mitsubish. A Supra and an old Mitsu truck, so it really depends on the model if you're arguing gas mileage.

And I know how many liters are in a gallon.


__________________

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 05:55 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Gender: Male
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Mitsubishi made 15 million of the V-Tec engine. Not one has been sent back for repair. Not a single failure. Its mind boggling how efficient and clever those bastards are.

And a toyota pickup just dosn't die. They go and go and go forever, its amazing the punishment they can take.


__________________
If you dont like Frenzal Rhomb, your a whore!

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 11:09 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location:

wow cars, teheee, i hate them smile

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 10:32 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 06:34 AM.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Quality of a Mitsubishi

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.