KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Bah! On the Olympics.

Bah! On the Olympics.
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Bah! On the Olympics.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ction=si_latest

quote:
"An athlete using this prosthetic blade has a demonstrable mechanical advantage (more than 30 percent) when compared to someone not using the blade," the IAAF said.

Yeah! I guess that if it gives him an advantage in competition...then all athletes should get amputed..that would make them more athletic and competitive.

Let the man compete....yes

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 05:21 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont think it matters cause last i heard he wasn't making the times needed to qualify for the olympics anyway...he may have improved since then though

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 05:23 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

isnt this what the special olympics is for?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 06:07 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I guess he'll just have to use steroids if he wants to compete.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 06:24 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by botankus
I guess he'll just have to use steroids if he wants to compete.

laughing

LOL! That is funny on so many levels.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 07:46 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Originally posted by ragesRemorse

That's what I thought, guess he hasn't got a funny enough handicap...

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 12:15 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tabby999
That's what I thought, guess he hasn't got a funny enough handicap...

what?...funny haha?...or the other funny?

cause i watched the special olympics once and there was a competitor who had perfectly functioning legs but no arms...their event?

the discus

now that was actually funny haha....i thought they were takin the piss

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 12:47 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

No, that's what the Paralympics are for. The Special Olympics are for those with mental disabilities.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 01:00 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kram3r
No, that's what the Paralympics are for. The Special Olympics are for those with mental disabilities.

yeah..you would know, because you a stupid head!!! stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 02:58 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Bah! On the Olympics.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Yeah! I guess that if it gives him an advantage in competition...then all athletes should get amputed..that would make them more athletic and competitive.

Someone should send this story to George Lucas.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 03:57 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 04:25 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

They have a point though. He might easily win the paralympics but you are allowed to use things like that there. With certain technology you could probably create somebody better in almost every sport then the none handicapped people. You can't just let them compete. Have to keep it fair somehow.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:56 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Bah! On the Olympics.

Originally posted by Fishy
They have a point though. He might easily win the paralympics but you are allowed to use things like that there. With certain technology you could probably create somebody better in almost every sport then the none handicapped people. You can't just let them compete. Have to keep it fair somehow.

Everyone point and laugh at the communist.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 09:11 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

If steroids and any other performance enhancers are not allowed, I really see no reason why they should make an exception simply because he's "disabled". (this is onthe premise that they indeed do him him an advantage)

There are laws that guarantee the disabled equal rights and/or sometimes give them special or greater rights, this is only being equal to all.

Also of note, they make those sprinter blades for non-disabled people; yet they're not allowed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 18th, 2008 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 09:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

We cant be letting cyborgs in the olympics now.

It is unfair..hes half man half machine.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 07:04 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faith27

I think they should have one event where all runners have prosthetic legs...

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 02:29 PM
Faith27 is currently offline Click here to Send Faith27 a Private Message Find more posts by Faith27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Re: Re: Bah! On the Olympics.

Originally posted by Robtard
If steroids and any other performance enhancers are not allowed, I really see no reason why they should make an exception simply because he's "disabled". (this is onthe premise that they indeed do him him an advantage)

There are laws that guarantee the disabled equal rights and/or sometimes give them special or greater rights, this is only being equal to all.

Also of note, they make those sprinter blades for non-disabled people; yet they're not allowed.

This would be a disadvantage to other racers who are not "disabled" I believe though.

For example:

- In a long distance race, the person missing a few limbs would not get faigued as quickly because the oxygen does not have to go as far, maybe (simply a quick thought; I haven't looked this up.)

- Lack of wear of your knees. Anyone who has ran for a long period of time knows what I am talking about understands what I mean. After a while, you might not even be faitigued but your legs are killing you.

I'm sure there are some other things I don't know much about.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 02:45 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

Common sense +1.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 03:16 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

My friends and I had a good argument about this one. From any logical perspective, no, he shouldn't be allowed to run. The only real 'pro' argument (which I will sheepishly admit to advocating) is that he deserves the same rights as others.

That being said, Special Olympic baseball is freaking amazing.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 06:13 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by KidRock
We cant be letting cyborgs in the olympics now.

It is unfair..hes half man half machine.

i feel so inferior
I hope i get to lose my legs soon, i wants to be a manchine too sad

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 04:11 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote