KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Girl Killed For Dressing "Goth."

Girl Killed For Dressing "Goth."
Started by: Kelly_Bean

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Girl Killed For Dressing "Goth."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/...ire/7291985.stm

quote:
A 15-year-old boy kicked and stamped to death a woman because she was dressed as a Goth, a court heard.

The drunk teenager was among a gang of five who "savagely and mercilessly" attacked Sophie Lancaster, 20, and her boyfriend, Preston Crown Court heard.

Miss Lancaster was begging the gang to stop beating Robert Maltby, 21, when they turned on her in Stubbylee Park in Bacup, Lancashire, the jury was told.

The 15-year-old, who cannot be named because of his age, denies murder.

At an earlier hearing a 16-year-old boy, who was aged 15 at the time of the attack, admitted Miss Lancaster's murder and admitted attacking Mr Maltby.

The accused, and four other youths, two aged 17 and one 16, have already pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm to Mr Maltby.

The court heard Miss Lancaster's facial injuries were so severe, paramedics did not know what sex she was.

Tests indicated she had been kicked and stamped to death, with the pattern of some footwear still on her head.

Miss Lancaster, a gap-year student, died two weeks after the attack.

It would appear that [they] were singled out, not for anything they had said or done, but because they dressed differently to the defendant and his friend
Michael Shorrock QC
Prosecuting

Prosecuting, Michael Shorrock QC told the court the young couple, from Bacup, were walking home from a friend's house when they "fell into conversation" with a group of teenagers.

The talk was friendly and good-natured, the court heard, but five of a group of youths "turned" on Mr Maltby.

The accused had started the violence, with a flying kick to the head of Mr Maltby, the jury was told.

The gang, "encouraging each other and laughing" punched, stamped and jumped on his head until he was unconscious, Mr Shorrock said.

As Miss Lancaster kneeled down, cradling her boyfriend's head on her lap and calling for help, the accused and the then 15-year-old youth who has already pleaded guilty to murder, turned on her.

The second boy kicked her in the head, with the accused joining in, the court heard.

Paramedics found the couple lying side by side, covered in blood and unconscious.

Mr Shorrock said the gang had turned on the young couple simply because they were Goths or "moshers" and dressed differently to them.

Mr Maltby survived the attack in August last year but has not made a full recovery. He has no memory of the incident.

Mr Shorrock said the five, none of whom can be named, were "acting like a pack of wild animals".

"The attack was totally unprovoked.

"It would appear that Mr Maltby and Miss Lancaster were singled out, not for anything they had said or done, but because they dressed differently to the defendant and his friend," he said.

The case continues.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:14 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

. . . . and her boyfriend, Preston Crown . . . .

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:22 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

I would understand if she dressed disco, but.....

never argue with an idiot, they only drag you down to their level and beat you by experience

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:24 PM
anaconda is currently offline Click here to Send anaconda a Private Message Find more posts by anaconda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Too bad the U.K. doesn't have the death sentence. Goths are almost as annoying as Emos, but a death by stomping for dressing poorly is just uncalled for.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

The British name their towns with silly words.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:30 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

quote:
how so

never argue with an idiot, they only drag you down to their level and beat you by experience

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:32 PM
anaconda is currently offline Click here to Send anaconda a Private Message Find more posts by anaconda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Too bad the U.K. doesn't have the death sentence. Goths are almost as annoying as Emos, but a death by stomping for dressing poorly is just uncalled for.

What a meanie.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:34 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by anaconda
how so

Cornwall.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
What a meanie.

Huh? I'm sympathizing with the deceased.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:37 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

how so

Because I'm in America and the words they chose sound silly to me.

Things like Dibblybottomshire.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:39 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

quote:
Cornwall.
thats a county not a city

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:41 PM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Devil King
theres a street somewhere in england called 'Bell End'

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:41 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

quote:
Because I'm in America and the words they chose sound silly to me.
yeah cause names like Looneyville, Bald Knob and Spread Eagle dont

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:47 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's still silly.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Wålshy

http://autos.aol.com/article/_a/wac...120125709990001

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:52 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Wålshy

Of all the silly names, you chose that one? erm

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:53 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

quote:
It's still silly.
maybe, name is of Celtic origin though

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:56 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

maybe, name is of Celtic origin though

The Celts were a silly people, they're the only culture on the planet to not have come up with the concept of a comb.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:57 PM
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Is that not an American General name

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:58 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

quote:
The Celts were a silly people, they're the only culture on the planet to not have come up with the concept of a comb.
and Rednecks have?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 07:05 PM