KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » "The Man" gets Snipes.

"The Man" gets Snipes.
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

"The Man" gets Snipes.

Judge sentences Snipes to 3 years for tax convictions

OCALA, Fla. -- Wesley Snipes was sentenced to three years in prison on tax charges Thursday, a victory for prosecutors who sought to make an example of the action star by aggressively pursuing the maximum penalty.

Snipes' lawyers had spent much of the day in court offering dozens of letters from family members, friends — even fellow actors Woody Harrelson and Denzel Washington — attesting to the good character of the "Blade" star and asking for leniency. They argued he should get only probation because his three convictions were all misdemeanors and the actor had no previous criminal record. More

-

Guess The Black Panther franchise is going to either have to wait or find another actor.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 02:19 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

pfft.....wonder if he will end up in a country club prison.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 02:22 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Wow, that is so ****ing dumb

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 02:22 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Do you think he'll go back to being a Muslim in prison?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 02:29 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I heard about that. Whether you're famous or not, you have to obey the law.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 02:36 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
pfft.....wonder if he will end up in a country club prison.

I am 1000% certain he is going to

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 03:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I heard about that. Whether you're famous or not, you have to obey the law.

u a damn lie

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 03:08 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

If he was given the opportunity to pay and neglected to do so, then fuk em, otherwise it seems silly.

At least there will be less shiity movies being made if he does do time.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 03:31 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: "The Man" gets Snipes.

Originally posted by Robtard
Judge sentences Snipes to 3 years for tax convictions

OCALA, Fla. -- Wesley Snipes was sentenced to three years in prison on tax charges Thursday, a victory for prosecutors who sought to make an example of the action star by aggressively pursuing the maximum penalty.

Snipes' lawyers had spent much of the day in court offering dozens of letters from family members, friends — even fellow actors Woody Harrelson and Denzel Washington — attesting to the good character of the "Blade" star and asking for leniency. They argued he should get only probation because his three convictions were all misdemeanors and the actor had no previous criminal record. More

-

Guess The Black Panther franchise is going to either have to wait or find another actor.

Well damn, how am I going to recoup my investment in Blade 14: White Men Can't Act? I guess I should have known something was up when I went to meet the producer at his house and there was only furniture in one room and a velvet painting of TuPac playing Yatzee.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 04:44 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

****ing assholes. Tax fraud is not criminal offense, it's your patriotic duty.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 12:23 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

If he goes to prison there will be no survivors shifty

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 12:43 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
If he goes to prison there will be no survivors shifty

I am missing the Wesley Snipes quote...but I do know that that was said in the movie "Princess Bride" when Fezzik dresses up in the cloak.

Mind refreshing my memory from when Wesley Snipes said that and which movie? It will eat me up unless I know.

Also....

Man, that sucks. I wish he could at least pay back taxes or something and stay out of prison.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 04:56 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Bardock42

fuking right...good man beer

At any rate, i think justice would be served either way, 3 years for, Hard luck, chaos, the marksmen, 7 seconds and every other stupid straight to dvd crap he is responsible for is a fair trade. Now we just have to find a way to charge Clooney, boll, Stiller, and the waynes brothers with some ridiculous offense to serve jail time for all the crap they too are responsible for. Although, i might give clooney a pass for oh brother where art thou...,nah fuk em

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 07:53 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I loved "Zoolander" and "Drinking Juice in the blah blah way too long movie title" was good.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 07:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by dadudemon
I am missing the Wesley Snipes quote...but I do know that that was said in the movie "Princess Bride" when Fezzik dresses up in the cloak.

Mind refreshing my memory from when Wesley Snipes said that and which movie? It will eat me up unless I know.

Also....

Man, that sucks. I wish he could at least pay back taxes or something and stay out of prison.

He never said it in any movielaughing out loud I just said it because it's truelaughing out loud

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 08:01 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now when you say tax fraud, do you mean not paying taxes, or actual tax fraud where you lie to the government to get benefits you don't need?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 09:08 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by lord xyz
Now when you say tax fraud, do you mean not paying taxes, or actual tax fraud where you lie to the government to get benefits you don't need?
What's the difference?

[edit] Disregarding my smartassy comment, what you mean is welfare fraud, I believe.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 09:09 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's the difference?

[edit] Disregarding my smartassy comment, what you mean is welfare fraud, I believe.
Not paying taxes isn't fraud.

Isn't welfare fraud, tax fraud?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 09:12 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

An example of tax fraud could be claiming more dependents than you actually have to get a bigger tax refund. I know people who will claim other people's children to get an extra $1,000 or so and then give the parents of they children they claimed a percentage.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 09:14 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by lord xyz
Not paying taxes isn't fraud.

Isn't welfare fraud, tax fraud?
Well, you steal tax money. I think it's not called tax fraud though.

Originally posted by Impediment
An example of tax fraud could be claiming more dependents than you actually have to get a bigger tax refund. I know people who will claim other people's children to get an extra $1,000 or so and then give the parents of they children they claimed a percentage.
Yeah, that's the tax fraud my "What's the difference" is referring to.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 09:16 PM