KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Does anyone on KMC Scuba Dive?

Does anyone on KMC Scuba Dive?
Started by: Kumar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kumar

Does anyone on KMC Scuba Dive?

(i'm not sure if this would go in the sports forum or not so Mods feel free to move it)

I'm on a Diving trip in Cozumel Mexico right now and i've met some really cool people who dive and are staying at the place that I'm staying. Its really cool. Then i got to thinking, who else that i know dives?
So, does anyone on here dive?
If so, how long have you been diving, how is the diving here you live and whats your favorite place that you've dove?

I will live Forever

Old Post May 15th, 2008 02:43 AM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Never done it but would love to. Seems like it would be amazing. You see any cool marine life?

Old Post May 15th, 2008 02:56 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I used to dive in the Great Lakes. There are ship recks there. I've snuba dived in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I'd scuba there if I get over there again. There are some really Great dive trips! Just divers who charter a schooner of something simular...They have such a great time. I've always wanted to go.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 03:08 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Nope. Would love to try it though.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 04:07 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I've always wanted to go Scuba diving. I think it would be an incredible experience to Scuba over a coral reef. It would probably also be a nice skill to have to know how to Scuba. Sadly, i fear that my desire to learn how to Scuba will shrivel away in the things to do (that never actually get done) category.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 04:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

I've been diving for about 5 years, but I've only clocked up 20 dives. The best ones have all been in Palau, Micronesia. The shit you can see there is amazing...I was being circled by a Manta Ray in this underwater trench that was blown up through a giant reef to allow German warships to get through it in WWII! At another spot known as Big Drop Off, I was free diving with my girlfriend when I looked to my left and there was a 6ft Black Tip Reef shark about arms length from me! Managed to snap off a pic of it, too. Then I told my girl to get out...I told the captain about the shark, and he laughed and said that's why we were there! Went back in a little later, and at one point I had 3 sharks circling around me in about a 20ft radius. Pretty cool. I also did a couple of good dives around the Gili Islands off the coast of Lombok. Beautiful clear water, but crazy currents, yo.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 01:16 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I did some SCUBA diving when I was a Boy Scout. There's no badge for that one, I don't think, but it was fun.

I don't like how hard it is to breath underwater. You actually have to try with each breath because of the valves in the breathing apparatus.. That was just about the only complaint I had about it.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 02:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Never....I might drown.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 04:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I've been diving for about 5 years, but I've only clocked up 20 dives. The best ones have all been in Palau, Micronesia. The shit you can see there is amazing...I was being circled by a Manta Ray in this underwater trench that was blown up through a giant reef to allow German warships to get through it in WWII! At another spot known as Big Drop Off, I was free diving with my girlfriend when I looked to my left and there was a 6ft Black Tip Reef shark about arms length from me! Managed to snap off a pic of it, too. Then I told my girl to get out...I told the captain about the shark, and he laughed and said that's why we were there! Went back in a little later, and at one point I had 3 sharks circling around me in about a 20ft radius. Pretty cool. I also did a couple of good dives around the Gili Islands off the coast of Lombok. Beautiful clear water, but crazy currents, yo.

wow

I mopped up dog pee yesterday.

I really need to start doing something.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 05:13 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Yeah, like getting your PADI

Old Post May 15th, 2008 09:47 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Nice and I'm envious, as I've kept a living reef at home, what you saw was a billion times more impressive.

I volunteer you as the new Crocodile Hunter, you met a Ray and lived.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 15th, 2008 09:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

Yeah, i've seen some pretty cool stuff. Today we dove on this giant sunken Mexican Navy ship. Its about 140 feet long and we went all through it. Then when we came out there was a giant school of those little sardines like from Finding Nemo (you know, the ones that make the big face and talk to them).
We've seen some rays, a bunch of Barracuda, some big ass lobsters, an Octopus, a few sea turtles and countless tropical fish and cool reefs. Its pretty much as close as you can get to feeling like you're flying (like the superpower, not in an airplane >_> ) for now. Its great. I recommend it to anyone who likes the water.

I will live Forever

Old Post May 15th, 2008 11:42 PM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

how much does all this cost?

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post May 15th, 2008 11:55 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I got certified in college in Monterey, California, but I never really kept doing it. And living in Las Vegas, well, there ain't much divin' here, unless it's balls deep into a crack whore.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 12:46 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Originally posted by chithappens
To get certified doesn't cost very much. For me it was about 300 dollars.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 12:41 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by Robtard
Nice and I'm envious, as I've kept a living reef at home, what you saw was a billion times more impressive.

I volunteer you as the new Crocodile Hunter, you met a Ray and lived.

Yeah, but those Manta Rays are nice little boys. They don't have those stingers that got ol' Steve.

Originally posted by chithappens

It depends where you get your PADI license. I can imagine it costs something stupid in England or the US, but if you do it when you get over East, then the cost is pretty good. Thailand is probably the cheapest place to get it done, but where I live it only cost me about 150GBP (300US). Also, when I was in Palau, I was lucky enough to have a friend married to a dive guide. I was able to take the boat trips for free, and I only had to pay for the National Park license and the tank rental.

Originally posted by Kumar
Its pretty much as close as you can get to feeling like you're flying (like the superpower, not in an airplane >_> ) for now. Its great. I recommend it to anyone who likes the water.

If you really wanna get a sense of flight you should try free diving as far as you can, and then float up. THAT is amazing...

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Last edited by Ya Krunk'd Floo on May 16th, 2008 at 05:06 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2008 05:02 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Does anyone on KMC Scuba Dive?

Originally posted by Kumar
(i'm not sure if this would go in the sports forum or not so Mods feel free to move it)

I'm on a Diving trip in Cozumel Mexico right now and i've met some really cool people who dive and are staying at the place that I'm staying. Its really cool. Then i got to thinking, who else that i know dives?
So, does anyone on here dive?
If so, how long have you been diving, how is the diving here you live and whats your favorite place that you've dove?
I have a chronic fear of open bodies of water. I am making a trek to the Caribbean soon, and I have promised myself that I will confront my fears.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 16th, 2008 09:16 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I got certified when I was 12. I loved doing it, but haven't done it since 2000.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 03:09 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Just looking at the color fish alone is amazing. They're all around you but won't let you touch them.....God, I miss doing it.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 03:15 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Deja~vu
Just looking at the color fish alone is amazing. They're all around you but won't let you touch them.....God, I miss doing it.

Are you talking about Sally agian?

Old Post May 20th, 2008 03:44 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote