KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Obama and Wife Lock It Tight

Obama and Wife Lock It Tight
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Obama and Wife Lock It Tight

(please log in to view the image)

Look at it closely, freedom of expression finally took a small breath of air it won't see in awhile. What are your takes on the cover of this New Yorker.

I for one welcome it, we can't be allowed to live in a world where we must hold back everything that's on our minds.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 05:23 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

what was the article about, commonly held misconceptions about the Obamas?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 05:45 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Don't black people carry spears, not guns?

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 05:46 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Terrorist fist jab! I KNEW IT!

No, the cover is meant to be satirical towards the ridiculous accusations and claims about Obama and his family being Muslim and anit american and all that horse shit.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 07:18 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Terrorist fist jab! I KNEW IT!

No, the cover is meant to be satirical towards the ridiculous accusations and claims about Obama and his family being Muslim and anit american and all that horse shit.

Too bad Obama and most other people didn't actually get that. Would be funnier if it had Michelle Obama gunning down "whitey" though or something.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 08:10 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They got it, they just didn't like it.

Not as if it's an incredibly complex joke. Just satire that didn't really work all that well. The problem is, the satire shown in the picture is actually believed by a lot of stupid people, thus rendering the satire obsolete.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 08:20 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

the picture is actually believed by a lot of stupid people, thus rendering the [thread] obsolete.

Fixed that for you.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Last edited by Devil King on Jul 15th, 2008 at 09:05 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 09:02 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I dont know why, but this sort of risky satire isn't funny when it's presented by the new yorker. It almost feels like the old guy trying to be hip but has gotten in on the joke long after it stopped being funny.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 07:50 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where the hell are Obama's toes?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 09:07 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

They got it, they just didn't like it.

Not as if it's an incredibly complex joke. Just satire that didn't really work all that well. The problem is, the satire shown in the picture is actually believed by a lot of stupid people, thus rendering the satire obsolete.

If that was a standard to go by, then a lot of the satire from the last 8 years would obsolete.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 09:12 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Yeah, everyone, it's not funny when it's done to Obama...learn to keep your sense of humor in check when dealing with this topic.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 10:57 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not particularly funny, just because it's so horribly obvious. It could be a funny subject to satirise, definitely.

I also think when people argue the whole freedom of expression thing (which I'm certainly for), they tend to only want freedom of expression for things they believe in or agree with. I believe that it should be absolute, we should not have laws protecting people from being offended.

Also, $4.50? What a rip off.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 12:11 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Yeah, everyone, it's not funny when it's done to Obama...learn to keep your sense of humor in check when dealing with this topic.

I think it's funny when the people who supported intentional insults directed at Bush, are offended by perceived insults to Obama. We should take a lesson from that.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 12:20 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by chillmeistergen

Also, $4.50? What a rip off.

At first I thought you meant gas...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 12:23 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Originally posted by lord xyz
Where the hell are Obama's toes?

He's probably wearing socks with his sandals, which is pretty much fashion terrorism!

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 12:34 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AngryManatee
He's probably wearing socks with his sandals, which is pretty much fashion terrorism!
Well then he's definately white if he wears socks with sandals.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 12:37 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

i love how people try to draw parallels between other highly publicised political satire against bush or maccain when there are none. desperate people who would cry and kick and scream if it was done to their infallable heros who piss rainbows and shit pure sunshine. a running theme of idiocy. (yes this means you so dont ask)

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 01:25 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I personally think most of the outrage comes from the fact that the picture is on the cover. If this picture were only inside the magazine no one would have gotten up in arms about it. And I can see a certain amount of logic to that, because most people who walk past a news stand are only going to see the cover. 70% of people who think one way or the other about the picture aren't going to read a single word of the article. That's why we get people saying "it's about time someone had the guts to say what everyone is thinking about Obama!", despite not having a clue what the article is about.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 01:45 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

it's satire, but i dont see how it's relevant to anything really.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 01:54 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both need bigger lips and noses. And they should be climbing trees.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 02:49 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote