KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Brits are pissed at Obama.

The Brits are pissed at Obama.
Started by: Zeal Ex Nihilo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Brits are pissed at Obama.

/facepalm
quote:
As he headed back home from Washington, Gordon Brown must have rummaged through his party bag with disappointment.

Because all he got was a set of DVDs. Barack Obama, the leader of the world's richest country, gave the Prime Minister a box set of 25 classic American films - a gift about as exciting as a pair of socks.

Mr Brown is not thought to be a film buff, and his reaction to the box set is unknown. But it didn't really compare to the thoughtful presents he had brought along with him.

The Prime Minister gave Mr Obama an ornamental pen holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet.

The unique present delighted Mr Obama because oak from the Gannet's sister ship, HMS Resolute, was carved to make a desk that has sat in the Oval Office in the White House since 1880.

Mr Brown also handed over a framed commission for HMS Resolute and a first edition of the seven-volume biography of Churchill by Sir Martin Gilbert.

In addition, Mr Brown and his wife showered gifts on the Obama children giving Sasha and Malia an outfit each from Topshop and six children's books by British authors which are shortly to be published in America.

In return, the Obamas gave the Browns two models of the presidential helicopter, Marine One, to take home to sons Fraser and John.

The Prime Minister has not had the best of luck when receiving gifts from U.S. presidents.

He was given a fur-trimmed brown leather bomber jacket by George W. Bush during his first trip to America in the summer of 2007.

Commentators gleefully pointed out that the garment was hardly in keeping with Mr Brown's usual sober attire of business suit and tie.

Downing Street yesterday refused to state which movies were in the box set.

But the Mail has learned it included classics such as Star Wars, The Godfather and Citizen Kane and was produced by the American Film Institute as a 'special request' for the White House last month.

Perhaps pertinently, given Britain is floundering in an economic slump, the DVD collection was thought to feature the movie of John Steinbeck's Great Depression novel, 'The Grapes Of Wrath'.

The gift also included the Oscar-winning boxing biopic 'Raging Bull' starring Robert Di Nero and Alfred Hitchcock's classic thriller Psycho - maybe a comment on the PM's notorious short fuse?

And he will hope that at a General Election the British public do not shun his imploration for another term in office by thinking at the ballot box of the famous line from another of the movies, Casblanca: 'Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.'

But following Mr Brown's his recent troubles - the UK entering recession, soaring job losses and home repossessions, Labour struggling in the polls and threats of leadership challenges - he may be pleased at being able to settle down for a quiet night in front of the ultimate feel-good movie: It's A Wonderful Life.

Even if the gift was tacky and in poor taste...perhaps the Brits throwing a sh*tfit about this should go and f*ck themselves. It's not like Obama took a dump in a tubesock and passed it off as a gift.

Also, there's a good chance that the DVDs are Region 1, meaning that they won't play in the UK.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:16 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This seems like the kinda thing that people ***** about who don't have anything better to do.

Besides, I'd rather have the DVD's than all that crap he gave Obama.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

A set of DVD's laughing That's kind of like giving your girl friend a lube and oil gift card instead of flowers. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:23 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
This seems like the kinda thing that people ***** about who don't have anything better to do.

Besides, I'd rather have the DVD's than all that crap he gave Obama.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:24 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

I didn't get a blowjob this weekend from some random ugly fat girl.

I'm pissed also.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:25 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chithappens
I didn't get a blowjob this weekend from some random ugly fat girl.

I'm pissed also.

That's a terrible analogy, and I think I just developed a hernia trying to contemplate what you're trying to say.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:27 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'd be more pissed at my prime minister pissing away first editions and oak pen holders from historical ships that probably cost me a fortune.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
A set of DVD's laughing That's kind of like giving your girl friend a lube and oil gift card instead of flowers. laughing out loud

And if she wasn't a stupid *****, she'd realize that the oil-change will last her a good 3k+ miles, while the flowers will wilt and be worthless in a week at best.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Robtard
And if she wasn't a stupid *****, she'd realize that the oil-change will last her a good 3k+ miles, while the flowers will wilt and be worthless in a week at best.

You still will not get layed. wink

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:41 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I have no idea where you are getting this 'Brits are pissed' nonsense from.

It is neither in the article nor in reality, so you are just making things up to fit the criticism you wish to make. The most that actually exists is a snarky article in the Mail- which means bugger all- done as much to ridicule Brown as anything else.

Poor.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 9th, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You still will not get layed. wink

I don't need flowers to get laid.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Robtard
I don't need flowers to get laid.

...and my wife would love to have the lube and oil gift card, but you know what I was saying. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 10:48 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd be more pissed at my prime minister pissing away first editions and oak pen holders from historical ships that probably cost me a fortune.

Damn straight.

Besides, Brown should have given Obama some British tea (imported from India and China), packed in those tin thingys you get in the souvenir shop.

Who is making these presents for other world leaders? I mean, someone in Obama's administration misspelled Russian word for 'reset' on a present given to Lavrov.
Double yew tee eff!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Mar 9th, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 11:08 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Damn straight.

Besides, Brown should have given Obama some British tea (imported from India and China), packed in those tin thingys you get in the souvenir shop.

That wouldn't be British. That wouldn't be British at all!

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 11:11 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HoldenCaulfield
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are we pissed? Because I certainly wasn't informed that I should be.
Why would I (a British citizen) give a solitary **** about what gift Obama gives Brown?
It's an article in the Mail, as such it is not fit enough for toilet paper, let alone reading.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 11:11 PM
HoldenCaulfield is currently offline Click here to Send HoldenCaulfield a Private Message Find more posts by HoldenCaulfield Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

my girlfriend enjoyed those gifts, thank you very much

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 11:12 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That wouldn't be British. That wouldn't be British at all!

Correct, sir. The British thing to do, would have been to exploit the brown-skinned man (Obama) economically.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 11:16 PM
Bardock42

I think it's a nice gift anyways.

It was probably way overpriced if they requested it as a unique make, but it's not that bad, really.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 11:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I agree, it is a nice prezzie. However as you said, it is probably very expencive. It just was not necessary, considering the present he got back.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 11:52 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

That article is from the mail which makes this thread worthless.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 02:04 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote