KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » China economic crash

China economic crash
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

China economic crash

http://finance.yahoo.com/retirement...retire-planning

James Chanos predicts the economic crash of China will be "Dubai times 1,000 -- or worse"

Better not let the bubble pop.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 09:11 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

China goes broke...we owe them nothing.

Unless they send us to collections....

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 05:29 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

They run the risk of civil war should their economy collapse. However, if the state apparatus is powerful enough to prevent this, they still have the worlds largest army and an arsenal of unreliable, but nonetheless dangerous nuclear weapons. Poor Chinese farmers also have the opportunity to save their economy. China is theorized to have more truffles than any other place on earth. What would happen if they started harvesting and exporting a rare product that was locally considered worthless pig-feed but carries a price tag of right around $3,000 per kg everywhere else?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 05:42 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

umm.. ur making me hungry... i sure could go for some pig's feet and chicklins..... maybe a side order of chicken feet soup....

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 06:20 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Truffles is gooooood

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 06:58 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
They run the risk of civil war should their economy collapse. However, if the state apparatus is powerful enough to prevent this, they still have the worlds largest army and an arsenal of unreliable, but nonetheless dangerous nuclear weapons. Poor Chinese farmers also have the opportunity to save their economy. China is theorized to have more truffles than any other place on earth. What would happen if they started harvesting and exporting a rare product that was locally considered worthless pig-feed but carries a price tag of right around $3,000 per kg everywhere else?

Yeah, but truffles cost what they do because of the rarity, flood the market and the price will drop drastically.

That or the French will declare that the Chinese truffle isn't really a truffle and any self respecting snob shouldn't touch one.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, but truffles cost what they do because of the rarity, flood the market and the price will drop drastically.

That or the French will declare that the Chinese truffle isn't really a truffle and any self respecting snob shouldn't touch one.

China ain't stupid. They'll regulate and limit truffle production while importing good French and Italian species to seed in their forests.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:11 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

China ain't stupid. They'll regulate and limit truffle production while importing good French and Italian species to seed in their forests.

They're certainly not and anything they can get into to make money, they generally do. So it's safe to say there's a very good reason why China hasn't become the truffle capitol of the world.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Again, partly it's cause they're locally worthless. China is smarter than the US though. When they did their version of cash for clunkers, the stipulated that it only applied if you bought domestically made vehicles from chinese companies.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:27 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Again, partly it's cause they're locally worthless. China is smarter than the US though. When they did their version of cash for clunkers, the stipulated that it only applied if you bought domestically made vehicles from chinese companies.

I agree, but I can't see the Chinese government passing on what could potentially be a multi-billion dollar export deal. They could easily make 'X' percent of farmers use their pigs as truffle sniffers and then take the lions share of the profit.

I believe I said that in the thread long ago, how the US should have made it a US car deal only, as the 'Big Three' are in the shitter.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:46 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I agree, but I can't see the Chinese government passing on what could potentially be a multi-billion dollar export deal. They could easily make 'X' percent of farmers use their pigs as truffle sniffers and then take the lions share of the profit.

I believe I said that in the thread long ago, how the US should have made it a US car deal only, as the 'Big Three' are in the shitter.
Well you know, protectionism is bad. Protecting american workers is bad, anticapitalist, and unamerican...somehow. That's why the percentage of revenue from tariffs by the US government went from over 60% to like, 3% in just a few decades. That's right, a majority of America's money came from protecting its workers.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:51 PM
tsilamini

China's coming environmental collapse seems more ominous, imho

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:58 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Or they'll have an outbreak of an incurable virus due to their farming conditions as theorized by military scientists for years.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 08:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Or they'll have an outbreak of an incurable virus due to their farming conditions as theorized by military scientists for years.

World War Z begins!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 08:05 PM
tsilamini

lol, I guess I included all of that in "environmental collapse", but I hear you.

World War Z begins!

It is really only a matter of time.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 08:08 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

That's interesting considering China is a creditor nation with huge reserves of foreign capital. It has a stable controlled central banking system and is now by far the worlds largest exporter. Dubai on the other hand is awash in debt far worse than even we are.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 08:53 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote