KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Late Night Wars and NBC's massive **** up. Discuss.

Late Night Wars and NBC's massive **** up. Discuss.
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Late Night Wars and NBC's massive **** up. Discuss.

I'd like to discuss the current late night television wars going on currently between Jay Leno and current host of the Tonight Show Conan O'Brien. If you don't live under a rock, you must have heard about Jay Leno's new show getting horrid ratings, and NBC attempting to fix their numbers by throwing Conan under the bus and putting Jay back in his old time slot (Where Conan is now).

Conan, having refused to changed time slots for the Tonight Show has gotten threatened by the head of NBC to do so or "he will not only ice Conan, but keep him off TV for 3 years." Now if you know anything about this ordeal, you should know that Jay Leno is being a douche because his new show failed horribly.

Points of interest:
-Every other late night host, on every other station is backing Conan and his decision.
-Hundreds of Actors are in support of Conan and his decision.
-Hundreds of thousands of viewers have come to support Conan in what they call "Team Conan."
And finally,
-Jay Leno is only furthering himself to look like a complete douche as this goes on.

In the end? NBC ****ed up hard.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Vinny Valentine on Jan 15th, 2010 at 09:02 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 08:59 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 08:59 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Free Man

Posts the person who in their profile has a list of people they think are idiots on the forum with Bardock on said list? Go back to the OTF before I slap you and your retarded picture.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 09:03 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Posts the person who in their profile has a list of people they think are idiots on the forum with Bardock on said list? Go back to the OTF before I slap you and your retarded picture.
Just because you think that bardock is the end all Jesus H. Christ of humor doesn't mean everyone else does.

I'm sure your friends don't need you acting as a douche-bag meat shield for them either. If they do, then you are not a friend, you are their lacky.

If bardock felt so offended that I thought he was an arsehole douche-bag used tampon with no balls and a side of sperm in his arse, he would have come on the forum and defended himself.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Last edited by Moriarty on Jan 15th, 2010 at 09:37 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 09:24 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Late Night Wars and NBC's massive **** up. Discuss.

In the end? NBC ****ed up hard.
you said it all right here. And your pic is more retarded.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 09:26 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Re: Late Night Wars and NBC's massive **** up. Discuss.

If you don't live under a rock, you must have heard about Jay Leno's new show getting horrid ratings,,,...

I donīt live under a rock, are you aware that there happens to be other countries outside the USA !!eek!

Countries which donīt show these chat shows, and thereīs people who have never even heard of these hosts eek!

Donīt give a toss, they can axe all chat shows for all I care, all they are are an advertisement platform for new series, movies and books anyway.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 10:00 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by Bicnarok
I donīt live under a rock, are you aware that there happens to be other countries outside the USA !!eek!

Countries which donīt show these chat shows, and thereīs people who have never even heard of these hosts eek!

Donīt give a toss, they can axe all chat shows for all I care, all they are are an advertisement platform for new series, movies and books anyway.

I don't live in the states, and yes I understand... However it's entertainment news in North America. Really depends on what you like and don't like though.

Just because you think that bardock is the end all Jesus H. Christ of humor doesn't mean everyone else does.

I'm sure your friends don't need you acting as a douche-bag meat shield for them either. If they do, then you are not a friend, you are their lacky.

If bardock felt so offended that I thought he was an arsehole douche-bag used tampon with no balls and a side of sperm in his arse, he would have come on the forum and defended himself.

You're an idiot.

you said it all right here. And your pic is more retarded.

It's an actual artwork for the campaign Team Conan dumbass.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 10:11 AM
§P0oONY

I'm with team Coco

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 10:19 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

That is only because I've never seen a Leno show.... And I've seen one Conan show. (which just happened to be the Gervais one aired yesterday or something)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 10:22 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

one free man ....that sig would rule if you had them choking each other...cant sell out shatner like that...lol

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 12:22 PM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

All this hype to get more viewers to watch these two has beens...no thanks...I had to choose...give me Jimmy.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 04:21 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Um...

Ellen DeGeneres FTW

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 04:31 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

Perhaps Conan should suck it up and take this as a life lesson. People consistently get screwed over in the real world, not just him.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 05:40 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
Perhaps Conan should suck it up and take this as a life lesson. People consistently get screwed over in the real world, not just him.

So no one should fight injustice?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 06:01 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

Not necessarily, but I mean, it's hardly injustice. He should have tried to garner a larger audience, instead of blaming Jay Leno for the network's decision.

Perhaps if all of TeamConan had actually been watching The Tonight Show at the beginning, Conan's ratings would have been good enough to establish his time slot without all the controversy.

Edit: I don't even know why I'm arguing about this. I just think Conan should be a man and suck it up or move on. I read somewhere that he might go to Fox. And perhaps that would be better for his career.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 06:09 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

conan>leno

ferguson>all american talkshows{with the exception of real time}..chelsea is nice too

the myriad of brit talkshows are greater than mostly any american counterpart{parkinson/ross/that guy who used to be the drag queen....}

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 06:58 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

I hate talk shows, reality shows and all that sort of crap.

Only watch sport, Dr House & the news (and movies on DVD or Cinema)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 07:43 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're an idiot.

No, you.
quote:

It's an actual artwork for the campaign Team Conan dumbass.
It's still retarded.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 09:05 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

So guy leaves show to his successor and gets an earlier late night show, especially when research shows that most people change the channel after his monologue.

New guy who had a successful show takes over new show and is more or less successful while first guy starts to really stink it up.

Network realizes the the first guy is shitting it up, so they decide to push him to his original time slot and push the successful show, which by the way is called The TONIGHT Show into TOMORROW.
Yeah, that seems fair.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 11:07 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

NBC is failing across the board. I love Conan and think it's really stupid that they didn't give him more time to generate viewers for the Tonight Show. His brand of humor is different than Leno and so it is going to take time for viewers to adapt.

Frankly though, I think Conan should jump ship and go to Fox or something. NBC is going down the shitter, hard.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 11:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote