KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » State if the Union

State if the Union
Started by: ATX/UT ND Money

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ATX/UT ND Money

State if the Union

I wonder how many people are going to swayed by obama's propaganda?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 02:27 AM
ATX/UT ND Money is currently offline Click here to Send ATX/UT ND Money a Private Message Find more posts by ATX/UT ND Money Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obviously lots...Otherwise he wouldn't be president.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 03:35 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

It was a good speech, but too long.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 03:37 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I didn't listen to it... did he say anything important, or just restate stuff that's been on his platform for the last year?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 03:42 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

yeah what did he say.. i was too busy playing mafia wars

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 04:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

"If the Union."

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 04:15 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Found it annoying, filled with BS that isn't going to happen and I couldn't abide the sycophantic constant clapping from the peanut gallery.

Don't mean to dump on Obama, this is normal for the Union Address.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 04:26 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ATX/UT ND Money

Well from what I picked up from the captions scrolling while I was on the the treadmill, he wants to give taxbreaks to the middle class and obviously keep trying to patch up the economy. Of course he pointed out all the temporary benefits of the bailouts but there are signs that growth/support is over. It was it only a matter of time since the growth and improvements the market saw where due to goverment funding and can't be sustained any longer. He talked about the importance of new energy sources, which I think the next/best hope we have at a real recovery in the future. Too bad any of the stuff out there is not yet feasible. Just wondering how cutting taxes while continuing to fund a war, economic stimulus and persuit of a health care bill will be feasible?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 04:30 AM
ATX/UT ND Money is currently offline Click here to Send ATX/UT ND Money a Private Message Find more posts by ATX/UT ND Money Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ATX/UT ND Money

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Obviously lots...Otherwise he wouldn't be president.

Obviously. I was wondering of the supporters that lost faith in him or possible new ones...

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
"If the Union."

That's what happens when you type on a cell phone while runing and reading the TV captions

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 04:32 AM
ATX/UT ND Money

Originally posted by Robtard
Found it annoying, filled with BS that isn't going to happen and I couldn't abide the sycophantic constant clapping from the peanut gallery.

Don't mean to dump on Obama, this is normal for the Union Address.

Took me a while to realize he wasn't in DC...why was he in VA?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 04:33 AM
jinXed by JaNx

What if the union does what?

Coming from someone who doesn't support, Obama, I thought it was a great speech. It is the first time i ever sensed any kind of genuinely positive inspiration from the man. Instead of arguing his points it felt like he was instead discussing them. I'm sure nothing that he boasts will come to pass but as always, i'll give him a chance . I agree, the incessant applause feels nothing but choreographed and self indulgent. Although, I guess you don't go to the dog and pony show if you don't want to see theatrics. Still...,good speech.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 05:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote