KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do You Like Or Dislike Your Own Accent?

Do You Like Or Dislike Your Own Accent?
Started by: majid86

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do You Like Or Dislike Your Own Accent?

I personally dont like my accent because it sounds like a horrible mixture of Brummie & Mancunian accents combined but i do try to changed it now & again especially at work.

So what do you guys like or dislike about your accents?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 12:01 AM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Yeah, it's a very southern where I studied and worked (London/Brighton) and a bit of Leeds going on sometimes (where I grew up).

Landan, innit.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 12:04 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol, that true but IMO Leeds accent is so much cooler than Sheffield accent.
Asian girls with a Sheffield accent are SCARY!

Im sure 'innit' is a slang word from the Brummie accent.
I still love my hometown of Birmingham, but i still lol whenever someone says that Birmingham is a city with 1 million people with a speech impediment.

LMFAO

Last edited by majid86 on Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 12:05 AM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

I speak with a Pachuco accent (Mexican-American talk). I really don't "like" or dislike it; its just the way its always been.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 12:08 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

its okay, i wish i had a real suave accent maybe a lil enrigue englesia's or antonio.

my voice is a mix of a cali beach bum and a redneck country.

when i was small i had a heavy cali barrio latin accent.. my mom did not like it.

now its:

check out that betty, brah....smokin, how'ya doin ma'am?

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 12:12 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love it.

But, well, my accent is more English in general with a bit of Doncaster...as that's where I live and grow up.

Donny!!!

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 12:17 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Birmingham Accents (Brummie)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 12:24 AM
King Kandy

Pacific Northwestern accents are the most bland of all accents. So it's hard to care.

King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I don't have an accent, it's the rest of you that talk funny.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The defining traits of my accent are the way it's dropped all of the interesting characteristics of other accents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest_English

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 12:31 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by majid86
Birmingham Accents (Brummie)

Yeah, anything a bit more north is not well looked upon by Southerners. I don't like Livaaapoooooool accent...

I have cousins in B'Ham.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 12:53 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yeah, anything a bit more north is not well looked upon by Southerners. I don't like Livaaapoooooool accent...

I have cousins in B'Ham.

I actually visited Birmingham a couple of days ago, it was the first time in over 4 years that i'd been there & i actually got quite emotional seeing the city after such a long time. Northerners & Southerners can keep on slagging off Birmingham all they want but i dont give a crap anymore because even though i now live in London, i still say that im proud to be a Brummie and i love Birmingham to death.

And that video was excellent because it shows how great it was to see Birmingham shed off its industrial history and the city deserves to be called the UK's 2nd city.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 01:23 AM
Bouboumaster

My accent is horrible when I speak in english. However, it's pretty darn fine in french

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 03:47 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I have a lisp.

By-product of living in San Francisco.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 04:29 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I have a lisp.

By-product of living in San Francisco.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 05:06 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I don't really have a lisp though.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 05:07 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Now this is ****ing odd, I Googled "black security guard" and hit images; this was one of the results:

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 05:17 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Rob, give me a ride tomorrow. I've got to go from my house around Lake Merrit to my electrician's class in South City, and I've got to be there by 8:35. Don't feel like waking up at 5.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 06:39 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Lake Merritt's in Oakland; I'm not going to Oakland, especially considering I've got to be at work tomorrow by 8:00 and I'll likely roll in around 9:10-20 as it is.

Sorry, bro.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 06:55 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Now this is ****ing odd, I Googled "black security guard" and hit images; this was one of the results:

Liar, you were googling gay rape images. Admit it.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 07:09 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote