KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is WWIII Inevitable ?

Is WWIII Inevitable ?
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is WWIII Inevitable ?

if so does that mean nuclear holocost is Inevitable?
so pretty much humanity is going to end themselfs one day

I have returned

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 07:40 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Yes, there will probably be another World War in the future. I don't think it will be a nuclear exchange, nukes make the target area unlivable for decades and make you look really bad. Communications and cyberwarfare as additions to conventional troops are already becoming the future.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 08:07 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

nope,more likely some reliogous will nuts get hold of a nuke. If that happens and they use one, then it is unpredictable how the West would react. Islam itself might cease to exist and they might try and ban religion seeing as it could be deamed the core of the problem.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 08:50 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Yes, exploding populations and dwindling resources like oil and water make another major war probable. Whether it'll be nuclear or now I have no clue.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 10:00 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

I think the war on terror could be classed as WW3, if not now then perhaps by future generations.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 10:15 PM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

There's a famous quote by Albert Einstein (or at least attributed to him, it's hard to tell what's really from his mouth with all the misattributions he receives) that says something to the effect of "I know not what weapons World War III will be fought with, but I know that World War IV will be fought with rocks and sticks."
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bicnarok
nope,more likely some reliogous will nuts get hold of a nuke. If that happens and they use one, then it is unpredictable how the West would react. Islam itself might cease to exist and they might try and ban religion seeing as it could be deamed the core of the problem.

Banning religion? Sounds like the plot of a terrible Sci-Fi Dystopian novel.

All but the most myopic and idiotic of Western leaders would see that banning Islam (if it were even possible) won't solve the problem, just worsen it.

Not to defend Islamic terrorists, but a major reason why they're doing what they're doing is that they feel threatened by the West, and a global "ban" on Islam or religion in general would only strengthen their cause.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 10:45 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

It was said that on September 11, 2001, three things began...
- The George Bush presidency
- the 21st century
- WWIII

As for the last two, the best is yet to come.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 11:15 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

A third world war is statistically inevitable. Human conflict on a national scale is constant, and will eventually spill over in to war. In this highly globalized age, no one could stay "neutral" in the traditional Swiss sense. It'll likely not be nuclear, as the a "World War" is going to involve at least one nuclear nation squaring off against others. MAD would only result in very... very extreme circumstances; religious fanatics, political zealots etc. By definition, a world war needs only a large majority of major nations to be involved in a conflict with one another. It doesn't need to be nuclear, or even as costly or epic as WWII.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 11:53 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think a nuke would accidentaly go off or a terrorst use it some time in the future

I have returned

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 12:04 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i think a nuke would accidentaly go off

Effectively impossible.

or a terrorst use it some time in the future

Maybe. There are some missing Soviet nukes but those are old. Getting them in working condition might be hard and moving them discreetly seems almost impossible.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 12:37 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Our past has taught us that war is inevitable. As the world becomes smaller and nations become more united in foreign policies then it becomes more an more likely that a nations conflict with another can easily spiral out of control into a world war. Although, even when we consider how easily a world war can happen i don't think we'll see one anytime soon but i'm sure there are wars on the horizon, wars that may very well affect the world. I'm sure the next large scale war will involve sophisticated bio warfare. I think it's more likely that you will see warfare in the way of natural disasters that essentially cripple a nation. These disasters will appear as natural but are actually an attack. you could see something like an EMP knocking out a countries entire electrical grid, some type of weather manipulation, bio warfare..,etc.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Oct 3rd, 2010 at 01:14 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 01:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Widespread conflict precipitated by the ecological crisis is a distinct possibilty, but struggle between 2 blocs of allies seems unlikely. The political factors that generated the first two wars are not going to repeat themselves either, colonial rule and the rivalry between imperialistic nations have ended, even considering imperialism has survived in different forms, such rivalry is considered absent in most current political analysis such as superimperialism. Nuclear war is also unlikely.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 03:27 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Depending on your perspective WWIII already happened.

The Seven Years War (or in America the French and Indian War) was fought on several continents and involved almost all of the World's Great powers at the time in some form or another.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 03:41 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Maybe but I don't see that happening.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 03:27 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Depending on your perspective WWIII already happened.

The Seven Years War (or in America the French and Indian War) was fought on several continents and involved almost all of the World's Great powers at the time in some form or another.
oh

I have returned

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 04:07 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

i think a nuke would accidentaly go off ...

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Effectively impossible.

Impossible?? eek! Not at all, especially if certain groups or countries get hold one, and don´t know how to deal with it.

If you see the testimonies in the "CNN air Live Broadcast of UFO-Nukes Disclosure." thread, where nuclear weapons were being messed with by unknown presences then it becomes apparent that these things arn´t

I wonder if any group the person who is "on the button" would go that far and actually wipe out some city, so many lives etc. And if such a device was activated and the perpertrators were unknown, how would a nuclear power like the USA react?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 04:09 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Impossible?? eek! Not at all, especially if certain groups or countries get hold one, and don´t know how to deal with it.

Effectively impossible because of the way nuclear weapons are constructed, stored, and deployed.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 05:10 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Generally if you screw with a nuke it simply fails to go off. They're precision devices not volatile explosives.

Now, yes, if someone steals one I guess they might bump the big red button that instantly sets it off (those crazy military engineers and their wacky hi-jinks).

If you see the testimonies in the "CNN air Live Broadcast of UFO-Nukes Disclosure." thread, where nuclear weapons were being messed with by unknown presences then it becomes apparent that these things arn´t

Seemed more like the missiles were being tampered with to me. If a mysterious group sets off a nuke that wouldn't be an accident anyway.

I wonder if any group the person who is "on the button" would go that far and actually wipe out some city, so many lives etc. And if such a device was activated and the perpertrators were unknown, how would a nuclear power like the USA react?

If a nuke just suddenly went off somewhere in the world?

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 05:12 PM
Omega Vision

I love how there's seemingly a notion that if any nuke goes off anywhere for any reason all nations packing atomic heat will reflexively fire off all their nukes in random directions. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 05:14 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I love how there's seemingly a notion that if any nuke goes off anywhere for any reason all nations packing atomic heat will reflexively fire off all their nukes in random directions. laughing out loud

well, no, but the consequence is the conventionalization of nuclear arms.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2010 05:19 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote