KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Nebraska Nuclear Power Plant Alert!

Nebraska Nuclear Power Plant Alert!
Started by: kevdude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Nebraska Nuclear Power Plant Alert!

Looks like the power plant near Omaha Nebraska is now at a level 4 alert emergency, doesn't look good and might get worse, especially with all the flooding. Hope for the best prepare for anything! Don't know why this isn't on national news!

http://www.trappedonaninsaneplanet.com/?p=109

The Word

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 04:50 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

If the NRC declared it a level 4 accident then why hasn't the NRC said anything about a level 4 accident yet?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 05:07 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

from the reports I can find, it seems like an "alert 4" emergency is not a very big risk at all and that the fires/etc have all been managed...

EDIT: I have been pretty much unable to find anything substantive on the issue aside from reports on the 8th that everything is under control

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 05:12 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Thats what I have just read as well, NRC rating is a level 4 alert, not accident level 4, so glad for that!

The Word

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 05:15 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Re: Nebraska Nuclear Power Plant Alert!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kevdude
Looks like the power plant near Omaha Nebraska is now at a level 4 alert emergency, doesn't look good and might get worse, especially with all the flooding. Hope for the best prepare for anything! Don't know why this isn't on national news!

http://www.trappedonaninsaneplanet.com/?p=109

I was just on Wikipedia. A level 4 doesn't sound too terrible. Matter of fact.....

quote:
Level 4: Accident with local consequences Impact on people and environment
Minor release of radioactive material unlikely to result in implementation of planned countermeasures other than local food controls. At least one death from radiation.

Impact on radiological barriers and control Fuel melt or damage to fuel _resulting in more than 0.1% release of core inventory. Release of significant quantities of radioactive material within an installation with a high _probability of significant public exposure.

Examples:

Sellafield (United Kingdom) – five incidents 1955 to 1979[11] SL-1 Experimental Power Station (United States) – 1961, reactor reached prompt criticality, killing three operators. Saint-Laurent Nuclear Power Plant (France) – 1969, partial core meltdown; 1980, graphite overheating. Buenos Aires (Argentina) – 1983, criticality accident during fuel rod rearrangement killed one operator and injured 2 others. Jaslovské Bohunice (Czechoslovakia) – 1977, contamination of reactor building. Tokaimura nuclear accident (Japan) – 1999, three inexperienced operators at a reprocessing facility caused a criticality accident; two of them died.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 05:15 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The fact that the plant has been shut down since April 9th due to the floods shows we're on top of it.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 06:25 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Maybe it's out of 500

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 06:32 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you know what you're talking about? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Then again, you probably know exactly what you're talking about.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 06:38 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Bardock's signature is so not masculine. It makes it hard for me to even read this thread.

Good thing I have Will Smith's pouty negro face above and below it to compensate.

Also reactors.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:18 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Bardock's signature is so not masculine. It makes it hard for me to even read this thread.

Good thing I have Will Smith's pouty negro face above and below it to compensate.

Also reactors.

You are a tool of the patriarchy. I am not threatened by insinuations of femininity!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:52 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also reactors.
Archie sucks.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:38 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Also reactors.

His girlfriend makes him do phaggy shit like that, he has more sense and better taste in music, but if he doesn't, she'll turn off the vagina. Poor sap is a slave to it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:49 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Actually she hates that song.

As it is about falling out of love with someone.

Everything Stephin Merritt does is amazing /fact

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 11:00 AM
xHomerx
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know what all the fuss is about?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 02:27 PM
xHomerx is currently offline Click here to Send xHomerx a Private Message Find more posts by xHomerx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Well there´s going to be lot´s of Xmen and Hulks running about in the US then. Let´s see the terroritst **** with themsmile

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 07:32 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

Originally posted by xHomerx
I don't know what all the fuss is about?

(please log in to view the image)
bahahahahaha!

I got everything!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 07:39 PM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote:
Cooper Nuclear Station, an electric power plant in southeast Nebraska, declared a "Notification of Unusual Event" this morning at 4:02 a. m. The declaration was anticipated throughout Saturday by the power plant's operators, who closely tracked the river's steady increase in elevation due to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' releases from dams upstream.

The notification was made as part of safety and emergency preparedness plan the station follows when flooding conditions are in effect. The plan's procedures dictate when the Missouri River's water level reaches 42.5 feet, or greater than 899 feet above sea level, a notification of unusual event is declared.

There is no threat to plant employees or to the public; the plant continues to operate safely. Appropriate local, county, state, and federal agencies were also notified.

Cooper staff continuously monitors the river's water levels as part of normal operations. However, on May 30, site personnel began additional preparations in anticipation of the Corps' release of higher volumes of water. Personnel have been proactive in preparing the station for flood conditions by filling sandbags, constructing barricades, procuring materials and supplies, and reinforcing the access road plant staff use to get to the station. More that 5,000 tons of sand was brought in for constructing barricades, such as Hesco barriers placed around the station's switchyard of transformers and other electrical equipment.

Should the river's level increase to 900 feet above sea level, plant personnel will also barricade internal doorways as another layer of protection for facility equipment. If the river's level increases to 45.5 feet or 902 feet above sea level, plant operators would take the station offline as a protective safety measure. The plant was built at 903' MSL, which is 13 feet above natural grade.

A Notification of Unusual Event is the lowest and least serious of four emergency classifications established by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for nuclear power plants. If placed on a scale of 1 to 4, with 1 being the least serious level of an emergency and 4 being the most serious level of an emergency, a "Notification of Unusual Event" would equal a 1.

Cooper Nuclear Station is located three miles southeast of Brownville, Nebraska, near the Missouri River. It is owned and operated by the Nebraska Public Power District, with headquarters in Columbus, Nebraska

http://www.ncnewspress.com/topstori...f-Unusual-Event

quote:
OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman toured the flooded Missouri River this week and saw the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant, seemingly inundated by water.
The same image that the governor saw reached the Internet and had led to a wave of rumors. But Omaha Public Power District officials said the images don't tell the whole story.
They said the flood water pumped into a giant donut around the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant was put there to keep flood water out. Officials called it an "aqua berm."
The OPPD showed videos taken almost two weeks ago to demonstrate the efforts to keep the facility dry.
"I want (people) to understand the plant is safe (and) will continue to be safe," said Dave Bannister, an OPPD nuclear plant officer.
Officials said on Friday that the plant is on the lowest emergency status, but they are prepared if it rises another 10 feet.
"We have a lot of margin of where we are today. And, if things were to progress, we still have margins and actions to be able to address that," Bannister said.
Officials said they also want to dispel the rumors going around the Internet about a possible nuclear meltdown.
OPPD Chief Executive Officer Gary Gates said, "It's frustrating because some of the information is not right."
In April, OPPD asked for a no fly zone over the plant because they shut down the reactor for routine refueling.
"It has nothing to do with radiation. There is no release of radiation from the site," Bannister said.
Officials said the situation is totally different than the nuclear power plant in Japan that was hit by both earthquake and tsunami. They said they are confident with weeks they've had to prepare.
"I can assure you a Fukushima event will not occur at Fort Calhoun," Gates said.
OPPD said they will not restart the reactor until the river stabilizes.

http://www.ketv.com/r/28281114/detail.html

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 05:53 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote:
A shocking report prepared by Russia’s Federal Atomic Energy Agency (FAAE) on information provided to them by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) states that the Obama regime has ordered a “total and complete” news blackout relating to any information regarding the near catastrophic meltdown of the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant located in Nebraska.
According to this report, the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant suffered a “catastrophic loss of cooling” to one of its idle spent fuel rod pools on 7 June after this plant was deluged with water caused by the historic flooding of the Missouri River which resulted in a fire causing the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) to issue a “no-fly ban” over the area.
Located about 20 minutes outside downtown Omaha, the largest city in Nebraska, the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant is owned by Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) who on their website denies their plant is at a “Level 4” emergency by stating: “This terminology is not accurate, and is not how emergencies at nuclear power plants are classified.”
Russian atomic scientists in this FAAE report, however, say that this OPPD statement is an “outright falsehood” as all nuclear plants in the world operate under the guidelines of the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES) which clearly states the “events” occurring at the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant do, indeed, put it in the “Level 4” emergency category of an “accident with local consequences” thus making this one of the worst nuclear accidents in US history.
Though this report confirms independent readings in the United States of “negligible release of nuclear gasses” related to this accident it warns that by the Obama regimes censoring of this event for “political purposes” it risks a “serious blowback” from the American public should they gain knowledge of this being hidden from them.
Interesting to note about this event was the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Chief, Gregory B. Jaczko, blasting the Obama regime just days before the near meltdown of the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant by declaring that “the policy of not enforcing most fire code violations at dozens of nuclear plants is “unacceptable” and has tied the hands of NRC inspectors.”

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...ar-Plant-report

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 05:55 PM
levinaz
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have read about it ..Its really harmful..

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 11:17 AM
levinaz is currently offline Click here to Send levinaz a Private Message Find more posts by levinaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

So the Russians are saying that Obama has a total blackout about the plant and yet we're hearing about it . . .

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 01:37 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote